All-Star Gas And Traveling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 20, 2014
I remember when my daughter first began and the gym was less than 20 minutes away.. even in rush hour traffic! Two years later, after she switched gyms, our round trip commute was over 3 hours! We probably spent about $60 a week on gas alone.

How far do you travel to get to your CP's gym and how much do you think you spend (on average) per week?

Our round trip travel time is about 2hours 30mins × three times a week...not the worst, but my SUV is currently getting 13 miles a gallon. :(

My old gym was about 25 minutes there and 15 home (all left turns there and all right turns back :rolleyes:). I drove a corolla that got about 30mpg so not that much gas really.
My current gym is about 35 minutes on the highway there (I come from school) and a hour home. I drive A LOT so I fill up about once a week at $60 in my 2013 Sonata that gets about 27 mpg. But I would say about $10 a week goes to driving just to practice.

I enjoyed my month of retirement and not having to drive so far :p

It normally takes me 45 there, and 1 hour 15 to get back depending on when I leave. I go 5 or 6 times a week, so I just got a new car with better gas mileage. Still lots of filling up even with 30/35 mpg.

Once a week but I travel by train 2hours 40 each way then 10 min taxi ride costs me £20 a week.

This is once im not injured but I have a class to go to once I can cheer again

1 1/2 hours one way. I drive a mini van, but I am thinking of trading it in for a small car that is better on gas. I am spending too much on gas. :/

I'm about 40 minutes each way but luckily we've been able to lump together classes and practices. Mind you, we are out there four times per week....

18 miles each way and cp goes 5 times a week. I drive a Mazda 5 so it isn't that bad on gas. My biggest thing is that I have to force myself to stay at the gym , because the area is surrounded by stores and I will spend money if I venture out!

6.2 miles! I love how convenient it is!

Eta: I also have a good car for gas and my work is even closer then the gym. My school is across the highway, so I just hit the turnaround and I'm there in a minute! Lol Although she is at the gym 6 days a week I can get a good 3-4 weeks off a tank of gas for $48. I moved in to my place sept 12. I got gas the same day I moved in. Yesterday I got gas for the second time... It's been a month!!!
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
40 miles one way, but it's about an hour drive on a good traffic day, two hours to get there on a Friday. CP reads and I've been turning off the radio and enjoying the quiet.

I'm afraid to do the gas math because since June, she's been going 4X a week.

About 14 miles each way, 15-30 minutes depending on the time of day and traffic. Most days she either has a back to back practice, or is there for longer than her 2 hour practice, so I will drop off, head home and then come back to pick her up. I only wait in my car when it is the tumbling class which is only an hour and not on a team practice day, but even then I find an errand or ten to run. She is typically at the gym 4x a week.

We drive 45 minutes each way, and have practices 2x per week, with lots of Saturday practices now before comps. She takes 2 classes on days different than her practice days, and so we usually wind up at the gym 4-5 times per week. My incredibly beautiful and comfortable Navigator is not the most economical choice - I get between 12-13mpg and spend around 100.00/week in gas just for cheer. It's eating me alive!!! :)

We are 17 miles, and any where from 20-30 min, one way. I drive carpool one day a week with two other moms who take the other two practice days. Then one day a week I drive for a private. So that's probably $15/wk of gas in my vehicle.

Back