All-Star Gas And Traveling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I drive an hour to do my team. But it's only once a week on Sundays. And near my parents so I often stop in there for dinner.

If I had a kid and we decided to put them in all stars, were only about 20 minutes away from ECE.

We're only 10-15 mins away, phew...

You people who have a really long drive, have you ever considered moving to be closer to the gym? Or has anyone moved for that reason?

Yes people have and do. I would never. The towns around our gym are very nice but my husband and Is life and jobs are here so it would never be an option to move. Droplet just turned 9 and could decide to hate cheer tomorrow. You just never know!

I think for me, I make up the difference in traveling with the fact my job is less than 5 minutes away from my home... I used to travel maybe 5 minutes away for cheer, but now I am traveling 40-45 minutes away-3x a week to get to the gym and it cost me maybe $30 a week in gas... But during the Spring and when the weather is nice, I will leave my car home and walk to work, which is about 15-20 minutes to compensate for the new expense and savings on gas for cheer...

They're currently under $3.00 in Kansas City and it has been a beautiful thing.
I think I'd cry if it was that low. Here if you find it under $4 a gallon it's a joyful moment. I of course drive a gas guzzling V8 that needs premium gas.

It's also under $3 here! I would cry if mine was that high @CheerBank lol
Then again ... I use one tank of gas in a whole month so it doesn't matter much really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And this is when I always swoop in and say "I have no idea what gas prices are here, because I ride the train!" Every time I think I want to buy a car, I read threads like this and I get right down off that ledge! Jeez... I do not miss those days!

But when cp20 was still cheering, it was about 50 (?) miles away, but in good old Chicago traffic, that was a little over 2 hours. Then about an hour and a half to get home. 6 days/week. (2 kids, 3 teams)

For those that weren't on here back then, I don't have a car, so we used Zip cars (car sharing program where you pay by the hour). It includes the car, insurance, and gas. We spent anywhere from $300 to $800 per month on it for cheer (which is still HUNDREDS of dollars less than owning a car in the city).

Now we just take the train to dance. It's $170/month for both Idp and me. She dances at 2 places, and both are about a 30-45 minute train ride (and within the city limits - Yay!), 5 days a week.

And this is when I always swoop in and say "I have no idea what gas prices are here, because I ride the train!" Every time I think I want to buy a car, I read threads like this and I get right down off that ledge! Jeez... I do not miss those days!

But when cp20 was still cheering, it was about 50 (?) miles away, but in good old Chicago traffic, that was a little over 2 hours. Then about an hour and a half to get home. 6 days/week. (2 kids, 3 teams)

For those that weren't on here back then, I don't have a car, so we used Zip cars (car sharing program where you pay by the hour). It includes the car, insurance, and gas. We spent anywhere from $300 to $800 per month on it for cheer (which is still HUNDREDS of dollars less than owning a car in the city).

Now we just take the train to dance. It's $170/month for both Idp and me. She dances at 2 places, and both are about a 30-45 minute train ride (and within the city limits - Yay!), 5 days a week.
I have no desire to ride public transportation down here because it's only busses.

But trains and stuff in big cities intrigue me and I love meeting and seeing all different kinds of people I would really only want to travel that way up there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're only 10-15 mins away, phew...

You people who have a really long drive, have you ever considered moving to be closer to the gym? Or has anyone moved for that reason?

Nope as I go to uni though I might be changing to a different uni for a different course though soon and the one I go to classes at is the nearest cheer gym and that is 100 miles away!

I take the train to work, so I only really use my car for running local errands on the weekend and to get to practice on Sundays. I don't usually know what gas prices, I have a civic which gets pretty good mileage so I don't have to fill up much. But I did on Sunday and I think I paid around $3.30

Back