All-Star Gas And Traveling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

About 6 miles, 10-15 minutes, or 12 miles round trip 25-30 minutes. I drive there 3-4 times a week, but a lot of the time I come straight from school/school cheer so it's not even the full drive. The gym is right by my school :cheering: not sure how much I spend on gas but I drive a PT cruiser. I am so lucky that my gym is so close. I live in this awkward spot where you basically have to drive 15 minutes to get anywhere, and my gym is right about where you start getting to actual businesses (the rest of my drive is neighborhoods, schools, and churches). It's probably the closest place I go to regularly.

I remember when my daughter first began and the gym was less than 20 minutes away.. even in rush hour traffic! Two years later, after she switched gyms, our round trip commute was over 3 hours! We probably spent about $60 a week on gas alone.

How far do you travel to get to your CP's gym and how much do you think you spend (on average) per week?

We spend around $100/wk in gas because I have a Toyota Sequoia (aka gas guzzler) We spend $35/wk in tolls. We have 3 practices and then make the commute for private lessons and open gym.

We drive 2 hours each way. We have a big carpool though so while Droplet goes 3-4 times per week to the gym, I only drive once for practice and 2-3 times a month I drive up for privates, open gyms, and/or clinics. I try not to think about the cost in gas and tolls but the carpool does make it much easier.

I'm straight-up floored by all of this. I honestly don't know how you parents do it. While I love cheer and it was a really fun part of my childhood, if things keep increasing in cost at the same rate it has been since I've joined these boards I just can't see how on earth I'll be able to pay for my hypothetical future daughter's cheer career.

the first 4 years my cp did cheer we could walk to the fields (rec cheer) then her first gym was 2 miles from the house. Now that we have moved if we are lucky it only takes us 2 hours round trip. As for gas I refuse to look or I will get depressed. I know our first year I was filling up 2-3 times a week, but she was at the gym 4-5x a week.....now it's 2-3x a week and I think I spend 60 a week on gas

13 miles and about 30 minutes. We have a pretty good carpool, but I still end up driving 2-3 times a week...a practice, an open gym, and a private lesson. Not sure about my gas bill, but I'm getting a more economical car in a year. I drive a Honda Pilot, which was great...until all but one of my kids started driving. Now it seems silly and a waste of gas. It is great for carpool, I take six girls to practice and back on my drive day.

This is something I never really wanted to know. The past few years was roughly 320 miles (round trip) 2 to 3 times a week. Add in meals and I'm terrified to know.

This is something I never really wanted to know. The past few years was roughly 320 miles (round trip) 2 to 3 times a week. Add in meals and I'm terrified to know.

Can I ask how many seasons you did that trip? We are considering a trip like that for next season. It will cp's senior year so it will only be that one year, maybe two if she super seniors. She'll hopefully be cheering in college though.

Can I ask how many seasons you did that trip? We are considering a trip like that for next season. It will cp's senior year so it will only be that one year, maybe two if she super seniors. She'll hopefully be cheering in college though.
2 years full time and prior to that was a few years mixed of that distance or a bit shorter but we did have some carpools during the mixed distance locations.

I think cp said the drive this year is about 20 miles but can take 40 minutes or longer based on the traffic.

20 miles one way. Without traffic it takes about 35 minutes. With traffic about 1. 5 hours. Gas I fill up about $60 per week plus $10.33 toll 3x per week.

My gym from school/work was 5ish minutes. But I live about 25-30 minutes away from that gym. But my gym recently got a new location 10 minutes from my house and about 20 minutes from school/work so it's more convenient for me. My truck gets about 17-20 mpg right now but we are getting a new one soon so I don't know about that one. My truck currently is diesel so we are spending a bit more than gas. The new truck is gas,

The gym I coach at is 10 miles/15ish minutes from home, which is great during weekend practices or whenever I actually come from home. I go straight from work to the gym for our weekday practice and it's 50 miles/about an hour from my office.

From home to gym is around 50 miles and takes about 90 minutes one way. During the week, I pick CP up from school, so our trip from my office to her school to the gym is about 40 miles. That trip takes about an hour with traffic. We travel to the gym 5 times a week - three times for practice and the other two days for classes/privates. Saturday is the only day we drive straight from home to the gym. On Sundays, we attend church in the city where my husband and I grew up. From there to the gym is about 25 miles and takes about 30 minutes.
I do not want to even think about how much it costs - probably a little over half of the drive is on toll roads:eek: It helps a little that I drive a teeny tiny Corolla.

From home to gym is around 50 miles and takes about 90 minutes one way. During the week, I pick CP up from school, so our trip from my office to her school to the gym is about 40 miles. That trip takes about an hour with traffic. We travel to the gym 5 times a week - three times for practice and the other two days for classes/privates. Saturday is the only day we drive straight from home to the gym. On Sundays, we attend church in the city where my husband and I grew up. From there to the gym is about 25 miles and takes about 30 minutes.
I do not want to even think about how much it costs - probably a little over half of the drive is on toll roads:eek: It helps a little that I drive a teeny tiny Corolla.
I had no idea you lived that far! That is crazy!! Can't wait to see yall again this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're only 10-15 mins away, phew...

You people who have a really long drive, have you ever considered moving to be closer to the gym? Or has anyone moved for that reason?

Back