All-Star Gas And Traveling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So serious question if you drive all the way across town just to fill up and it is only to save 16 cents a gallon and let's say you put in 10 gallons so you save like 1.60$ which is awesome. How ever lets say that trip was only 20 miles round trip and let's say you get 30MPG (I know I don't but some do) you just wasted like 2/3 a gallon so like the trip cost you 1.76$ in gas so now you wasted more time and 16 more cents than you had to?? Or were you just kidding??

Across town isn't 20 miles rt....it's like averagely 5 ish miles depending on where I leave from (typically work) interstate miles and I get about 40MPG, and typically I'll tack on another task- shopping at the outlets, Target etc.

But yes I'm partially kidding and partially serious. I've lived in my house for 16 months and not once have I purchased gas on my side of town.....and I have to fill up every 2 1/2 weeks if I stay in town

I also only go where I can use my Fuel Perks

And fortunately I'm moving to my hometown in two weeks and to get to my new library I have to drive through the area of town with the cheapest gas so I'm winning there.

Last edited:
I only let myself get gas in Rock Hill when I'm either headed home from Charlotte to Columbia or vice versa. I'll put a few dollars in up here if I need absolutely to. SC has the cheapest gas average in the country and Rock Hill has the cheapest gas in the state. I live right in Uptown Charlotte and gas here JUST dropped under $3 like last week. I can get just over the state line in Rock Hill for about $2.53

I only let myself get gas in Rock Hill when I'm either headed home from Charlotte to Columbia or vice versa. I'll put a few dollars in up here if I need absolutely to. SC has the cheapest gas average in the country and Rock Hill has the cheapest gas in the state. I live right in Uptown Charlotte and gas here JUST dropped under $3 like last week. I can get just over the state line in Rock Hill for about $2.53

Yep, I discovered that when I was at Winthrop. On my way to Columbia I'd leave taking the back roads once I'd discovered the cheapest gas station in Rock Hill.

And if I'm driving from Charleston to Columbia, I will fill up just enough to get to Columbia and then fill up in Columbia because gas is cheaper there than in Charleston

Back