All-Star Gas And Traveling

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And you are in Queens? I believe it takes that long. I haven't lived in NY for awhile but isn't that the only all star gym in the city?
I actually live in Manhattan. I go through Queens to get to Brooklyn. And yes they are one of 3 all star gyms in NYC. There's one in Harlem & one in staten Island.

I know it's big, my TX geography is not the greatest in terms of where larger cities are located in relation to each other, haha.

I've actually learned SO much about Texas geography thanks to Fierceboard. For instance, I was the only one in my office who immediately knew where "Frisco" was when there was suspected Ebola case there.

I actually live in Manhattan. I go through Queens to get to Brooklyn. And yes they are one of 3 all star gyms in NYC. There's one in Harlem & one in staten Island.
That's quite a hike. You would almost be better off going to NJ. Which gym is in Harlem?

That's quite a hike. You would almost be better off going to NJ. Which gym is in Harlem?
Well the Triboro bridge (I refuse to call it RFK) is right by my house so it's easier than driving South (and fighting that traffic) to the Brooklyn Bridge.

The gym in Harlem is the Harlem Lionz.

I thought about Jersey but the traffic & tolls would be too much. Right now.

Well the Triboro bridge (I refuse to call it RFK) is right by my house so it's easier than driving South (and fighting that traffic) to the Brooklyn Bridge.

I feel you on the renaming of the Triboro. I still call the Jackie Robinson the Interboro sometimes.

It's tough when you hear of the over abundance of gyms in some areas and the limits choices in others. I'm out on Long Island where we don't have too many quality choices. I have friends who have taken the plunge and headed to Jersey but cp is not my youngest and I don't see how I could make it work - plus even more importantly, she is happy where she is.

I feel you on the renaming of the Triboro. I still call the Jackie Robinson the Interboro sometimes.

It's tough when you hear of the over abundance of gyms in some areas and the limits choices in others. I'm out on Long Island where we don't have too many quality choices. I have friends who have taken the plunge and headed to Jersey but cp is not my youngest and I don't see how I could make it work - plus even more importantly, she is happy where she is.
Absolutely! CP is very happy where she is. She's made great friends and is watching the program grow and improve sleekly but surely.

I know it's big, my TX geography is not the greatest in terms of where larger cities are located in relation to each other, haha.
Even if the cities are close, the traffic sucks. I live on the Fort Worth side of the DFW metroplex. It is about 50 miles one way to Plano but it takes almost an hour and a half to get there. Once I reach the highway, it takes about 45 minutes - the rest of the commute is fighting the traffic and lights getting to the highway:confused:

I'm so happy I live in the boonies and the only time there's traffic is when there's an accident.

But that's what back roads are for :)

I'm so happy I live in the boonies and the only time there's traffic is when there's an accident.

But that's what back roads are for :)
If I remember correct aren't moose an obstacle for you as well? They will definitely slow things down.

Yes moose are definitely an issue! Not so bad where I love but more up north is where you need to watch out. Deer are the issue. They're EVERYWHERE!
I have a friend up in Millnocket and the moose are a big fear for him riding his motorcycle

I have a friend up in Millnocket and the moose are a big fear for him riding his motorcycle
Oh yeah Millinocket area is crazy with moose. I'd be scared if I were him too. I got into a bad accident when I was like ten and my dad was driving and hit a deer on the golden road in Milly. Scary stuff.

Do y'all homeschool? CP's gym is under 40 miles away (highway), and some days due to traffic volume or accidents, in order to get to practice on time, I have to pull her out of school early (and truly feel SO guilty about it, such a rule follower). I also feel like my two other older children miss out on a lot of parent time during the week when I'm up at the gym--and that's with a less than an hour commute. Sigh, it's always something.

I'm really interested in, in addition to carpools, how families make the big commutes work for everyone, if you don't mind sharing.
We arranged a year in advance with the school to have PE as their last period. The miss their PE twice a week for practices, but figure they make that up at practice. They keep a log and our school has been great about it! And with driving just once a week since we have a carpool I am only missing that one day at home with my other child. So far....it works!

It's the Triboro. I don't know this RFK of which you speak. The Kennedys already have an airport (and lots of other things for that matter, including my middle school in CT), why the heck do they need a bridge?

TEAM ASTORIA!! I once drove from me to the Bronx and back to pick up a mattress. In a U-Haul Van. By myself. In the dark. With no phone/GPS. Now THAT was an adventure.

Back