All-Star Get This!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Confused. Hasn't there been a solution if she has been placed on an age appropriate team?
Sorry for the need to block people but not sure why that was tossed into the mix.
That was an answer to someone else. Yes to the age appropriate not for sure at what gym. Contract issues. It really is a lot more confusing than should be.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

I agree athlete registration will do wonders in eliminating the ability to cheat by placing aged out athletes on a team but that is a means to ensure programs are in compliance with the age rule. I think programs could skirt this issue by not joining the USASF and by not attending a USASF sanctioned event which I believe not all competitions or EP's are.

That was an answer to someone else. Yes to the age appropriate not for sure at what gym. Contract issues. It really is a lot more confusing than should be.

I know an answer to someone else but saw it and was confused as two replies indicated a resolution and a third hinted at a potential resolution.

I agree athlete registration will do wonders in eliminating the ability to cheat by placing aged out athletes on a team but that is a means to ensure programs are in compliance with the age rule. I think programs could skirt this issue by not joining the USASF and by not attending a USASF sanctioned event which I believe not all competitions or EP's are.
I asked that the other day. It's quite strange how loosely knitted all star is. I mean that in a good way. With so many people and companies all vying for the same group of people, it's amazing they can stick to any agreement. All held together by a simple "we agree". I have never been to a non sanctioned event but they are out there I have heard. I was curious if they follow same guidelines as levels and such. I accept full responsibility for the confusion. I myself am confused. I talked to them last night and it all comes down to some contract. Which in some states have been upheld with cheer as to all outstanding fees including tuition. I think both sides are trying to do the right thing. Which is good.

Contracts can be tough, especially when an 'it's only cheer' attitude is taken. That is where things go downhill. These contracts are in place to protect the business so they can continue to offer a service which people pay for. No different than signing up for a fitness club such as Gold's Gym or Planet Fitness, you pay regardless of use. As consumers we need to be responsible and know what we are signing and if we don't agree then don't sign it. I have signed a contract every year of my cp's all star career and am fully aware of what could happen should we decide to terminate early and walk away.

Contracts can be tough, especially when an 'it's only cheer' attitude is taken. That is where things go downhill. These contracts are in place to protect the business so they can continue to offer a service which people pay for. No different than signing up for a fitness club such as Gold's Gym or Planet Fitness, you pay regardless of use. As consumers we need to be responsible and know what we are signing and if we don't agree then don't sign it. I have signed a contract every year of my cp's all star career and am fully aware of what could happen should we decide to terminate early and walk away.

The contract also protects the parent if the gym doesn't live up to its side of the deal. If a gym agrees to X services including uniform, practice times and competitions but doesn't proved everything, the parent should have recourse.

The Fierce Board! Home of the cool people since 2009!

The contract also protects the parent if the gym doesn't live up to its side of the deal. If a gym agrees to X services including uniform, practice times and competitions but doesn't proved everything, the parent should have recourse.

The Fierce Board! Home of the cool people since 2009!
Very true. I forgot to state we as consumers have protection as well. Thanks ACEDAD.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Did I miss something? What about this entire thread would give cause to block anyone? No one has said anything untoward in the slightest and its been a respectful conversation. I don't understand the need to block people or to toss it out there in a perfectly amiable discussion. This just gets odder and odder.

Ladies and gentlemen of this thread let me shed some light on this situation. First off bamacheerguy post is backed by a personal grudge that has been fuming for years. Second off its kind of ironic that he is asking for advice when last year he put a 20 year old on his sen 3 team and let him compete at WSA New Orleans and Destin. As far as his niece is concerned you guys are not getting the whole story, his sister in law never signed a contract, the child was offered to be placed on a Sen 1 or 2 team until she got her tumbling skills they even offered for her to tumble for free, they were unaware that she aged out and never officially placed her on a team, because when asked the parent said she was on a JR 2 team last year. The statement being sued never came out of anyone's mouth at the gym, it was told to the sister in law by bamacheerguy wife. I have asked bamacheerguy to apologize on this thread for his lies but he has chosen not to. Bamacheerguy is supposed to be a man of God( an ordained minister) but yet what he is doing and the lies he has told shows that he is very unchristian like. Currently his niece moved to gym O ( that's what we will call it) because his sister in law is so embarrassed by the drama that he has stirred up. I would like to remind you that this untruthful individual will be judging at competitions when he lacks the basic morals and values, this man informed his parents that he was leaving for FL a week before the Destin Competition and left families outraged. Also he left owing a numerous amount of families money and had the means of paying it back but chose not to. The reason why I know he can pay the money is because he had to sell his home and move everything and everyone and since he left for FL he has vacationed in Disney bought Maroon 5 tickets for his family and flew his former foreign exchange student to his home. My point is this do not try to discredit an organization when you yourself are corrupt. My girls cheered for him the last year on two teams and my God daughter is currently at the gym he is trying to discredit and her parents has nothing but great things to say about that organization. I know the sister in law from last cheer season and has spoken to her about this. So if you know the gym he is referring to please judge them for yourself and not based off of what bamacheerguy has to say about them. It's not fair to the kids who cheer there.

Did I miss something? What about this entire thread would give cause to block anyone? No one has said anything untoward in the slightest and its been a respectful conversation. I don't understand the need to block people or to toss it out there in a perfectly amiable discussion. This just gets odder and odder.

Well I guess we now know where the blocking reference comes into play.

Ladies and gentlemen of this thread let me shed some light on this situation. First off bamacheerguy post is backed by a personal grudge that has been fuming for years. Second off its kind of ironic that he is asking for advice when last year he put a 20 year old on his sen 3 team and let him compete at WSA New Orleans and Destin. As far as his niece is concerned you guys are not getting the whole story, his sister in law never signed a contract, the child was offered to be placed on a Sen 1 or 2 team until she got her tumbling skills they even offered for her to tumble for free, they were unaware that she aged out and never officially placed her on a team, because when asked the parent said she was on a JR 2 team last year. The statement being sued never came out of anyone's mouth at the gym, it was told to the sister in law by bamacheerguy wife. I have asked bamacheerguy to apologize on this thread for his lies but he has chosen not to. Bamacheerguy is supposed to be a man of God( an ordained minister) but yet what he is doing and the lies he has told shows that he is very unchristian like. Currently his niece moved to gym O ( that's what we will call it) because his sister in law is so embarrassed by the drama that he has stirred up. I would like to remind you that this untruthful individual will be judging at competitions when he lacks the basic morals and values, this man informed his parents that he was leaving for FL a week before the Destin Competition and left families outraged. Also he left owing a numerous amount of families money and had the means of paying it back but chose not to. The reason why I know he can pay the money is because he had to sell his home and move everything and everyone and since he left for FL he has vacationed in Disney bought Maroon 5 tickets for his family and flew his former foreign exchange student to his home. My point is this do not try to discredit an organization when you yourself are corrupt. My girls cheered for him the last year on two teams and my God daughter is currently at the gym he is trying to discredit and her parents has nothing but great things to say about that organization. I know the sister in law from last cheer season and has spoken to her about this. So if you know the gym he is referring to please judge them for yourself and not based off of what bamacheerguy has to say about them. It's not fair to the kids who cheer there.

Well I appreciate at least having both sides of the story.

Like everything posted here I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Parts of both stories are probably true. Parts are probably untrue (from both sides). But thanks for shedding some light on both sides if the story.

Back