All-Star Get This!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So who has the bad history, the new full time owner or the previous owner? Is the new owner somehow connected to the previous owner?

So who has the bad history, the new full time owner or the previous owner? Is the new owner somehow connected to the previous owner?
Previous was a wonderful wonderful person. No issues that I know of ever and that's a long time. Well respected and loved by many.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

I've read through this and I think I'm missing something.

If there is new ownership then how is there a history of cheating at this gym? And if there is a history, did it happen without the great former owner's knowledge? I'm not getting that part. You said it had been going on for a long time which (to me anyway) implicates the former owner too. Am I confused about that? Help me out.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

I've read through this and I think I'm missing something.

If there is new ownership then how is there a history of cheating at this gym? And if there is a history, did it happen without the great former owner's knowledge? I'm not getting that part. You said it had been going on for a long time which (to me anyway) implicates the former owner too. Am I confused about that? Help me out.

@bamacheerguy

I have proof of everything that I stated. As for what is or not acceptable to post, I didn't realize I needed your permission. I am surprised this "turd" that has so upset you caused you to become a detective. Either way people can or cannot post. I just wondered if anyone has been in this situation before. I have taken the correct steps in fixing the situation but I had no qualms about putting this on here at all. It's a situation that can come up and hopefully rules can be put in place to keep this from happening again. Life is not all rosy and we need to bring this to light. Possibly by putting this on here, other people will learn to ask and make sure. As for lecturing on what is the high road, we see it differently and I, with all due respect, don't need permission from you. As you don't need it from me to post your comments. Free will, but in the end, this is about kids, will I call out a gym that does anything that is not in the athletes best interest? Every time I will. I wouldn't hesitate.This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

So “it all got worked out” and “she will be on an age appropriate team” but you “don’t have an answer” as to if that team will be the gym you accused of cheating or a different gym and you closed your own gym last year but you knew they cheated last year but still listed this gym as a gym you recommended her going to.... forgive me for my confusion and concern for the accused gym.....Interesting that there have been multiple posts questioning your statements and you were even tagged in one of those posts and you are now ignoring them all while posting multiple times on other threads.....Yes it is acceptable to post whatever you want, but it is also acceptable for people to ask questions and/or disagree with you, which several posters besides myself have done, most of whom you have chosen to ignore. If the gym you are accusing really did cheat, I hope it is dealt with appropriately, but TBH, the way it has been presented makes me question a lot of things.

I have proof of everything that I stated. As for what is or not acceptable to post, I didn't realize I needed your permission. I am surprised this "turd" that has so upset you caused you to become a detective. Either way people can or cannot post. I just wondered if anyone has been in this situation before. I have taken the correct steps in fixing the situation but I had no qualms about putting this on here at all. It's a situation that can come up and hopefully rules can be put in place to keep this from happening again. Life is not all rosy and we need to bring this to light. Possibly by putting this on here, other people will learn to ask and make sure. As for lecturing on what is the high road, we see it differently and I, with all due respect, don't need permission from you. As you don't need it from me to post your comments. Free will, but in the end, this is about kids, will I call out a gym that does anything that is not in the athletes best interest? Every time I will. I wouldn't hesitate.

Okay, since this thread seems to continue coming up my curiosity is being piqued again. I believe in other threads you have stated your desire to be on the USASF board or committee member so I have to ask... What kind of rules do you want to see put in place to prevent this from happening to others?

Are you looking to have the USASF dictate how the owners run their business, ensure age level compliance (steps already in place) or something else? In my opinion probably the best tool out there is parent education but we have to keep in mind if a gym has cheated in the past and wants to continue cheating they will find a way. Compounding the problem are parents who let it happen and condone it by keeping their children in that program.

For what it is worth I think this thread has piqued many peoples curiosity since you threw out some accusations towards the gym as a whole and now seem to be backtracking a bit on it. If you did not want specific names tossed around or associated with this post then no reference to the program should have been made.

I have been told that it was taken care of. As soon as I am told for sure the solution I will let everyone know. I truly don't know anything else as of right now. Not ignoring the board or post in general, just waiting for final answer. As for ignoring and blocking certain people, yes there is a couple I have had to. I am really waiting. As soon as I know I will tell ya all!

Okay, since this thread seems to continue coming up my curiosity is being piqued again. I believe in other threads you have stated your desire to be on the USASF board or committee member so I have to ask... What kind of rules do you want to see put in place to prevent this from happening to others?

Are you looking to have the USASF dictate how the owners run their business, ensure age level compliance (steps already in place) or something else? In my opinion probably the best tool out there is parent education but we have to keep in mind if a gym has cheated in the past and wants to continue cheating they will find a way. Compounding the problem are parents who let it happen and condone it by keeping their children in that program.

For what it is worth I think this thread has piqued many peoples curiosity since you threw out some accusations towards the gym as a whole and now seem to be backtracking a bit on it. If you did not want specific names tossed around or associated with this post then no reference to the program should have been made.
I have always been adamant about the USASF registering every kid. I know that some gyms and ep are worrying about where money goes. It's a catch 22, I for one have no problem, whoever is in charge of the USASF, registering kids. I am for birth cert. and photo ID. This protects the athlete, gym, parent and EP. However this costs money. Which is a big issue. Some worry about the proper usage of funds. This would also help with registering at all events, the confirmation emails would be sent to parent and gym. Just like with scoring, lets make it where there is no question. We can also track athlete progression. I know many are concerned about crossover rules and athletes swapping from gyms in middle of season. This could help with that. Also I think all coaches should be certified. There are so many gyms coaching without any training whatsoever. Lets get everyone registered and certified and then most questions of legality will be avoided.

Parent education is going to be hard. We have so many who come in drop off and pick up. It's hard to believe because most on this board are very active and try to keep up. We don't represent the majority. So we keep it idiot proof for all. So we take a picture, match it with the birth certificate and have the gym register to a team. The confirmation email is sent to parent to agree to age and pic. Now, will there be some instance where a parent and coach get together and agree to a lie? Maybe faking the birth cert.? Sure. However, it will weed itself out. Kids talk a lot. If they see an athlete with a different name or false birthday. Eventually someone will get rubbed wrong and spill the beans. The parent might get upset and decide to call out gym. How are they gonna explain that "we'll I didn't know" when they had to confirm on email. It will distract most. I had an athlete who was 6'0 and 13 last year. We constantly got questioned and the parents were good sports and had photo ID and we had copy of birth cert. at all events. In the end, there will always be cheating, whether small or big. Right now it's not worth complaining about because we can all plead ignorant. Parent, gym, athlete. So I am all for making it as full proof as possible.

It all got worked out, I love your pic!

She will be on an age appropriate team.

I have been told that it was taken care of. As soon as I am told for sure the solution I will let everyone know. I truly don't know anything else as of right now. Not ignoring the board or post in general, just waiting for final answer. As for ignoring and blocking certain people, yes there is a couple I have had to. I am really waiting. As soon as I know I will tell ya all!

Confused. Hasn't there been a solution if she has been placed on an age appropriate team?
Sorry for the need to block people but not sure why that was tossed into the mix.

Back