All-Star Glitter Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate hate hate smoky eye and lipstick. Hate it. I. hate. it. Love it on adults who are going out. Hate it on children who are cheering. It looks trashy. I just spent 6 months arguing with my sister about cheerleading. One of the things she says she hates? "The make-up - it's too pageanty." I kept saying "It's not make-up. It's glitter. No actual make-up touches her face. It's all just glitter. Little girls should wear glitter!" And what happens? The partial season team my daughter did was smoky eye and RED lipstick. So much for that argument. It just feeds the stereotypes - especially that we're just a Toddlers n Tiaras version of sideline cheering. I absolutely hate putting it on them. I feel like the worst mom in the world.

I don't know what our team this year is wearing, but glitter does not seem to be very popular up here. :( So I'm guessing more smoky eyes and lipstick.

I loved the stickers. We had them at Fame and our first gym. Then every body looked the same and it looked great. Not trashy. It looks horrible the way some people do make-up - at least with glitter people can tell she's been performing and not just that I think it's acceptable for my 9 year old to run around in make-up. And with the stickers even the most amateur people can do it.

My advice for the day: if your team does "regular" make-up and you don't know how to do it, ASK FOR HELP. No sense in running around looking ridiculous when there are people there who know what they are doing.

Glitter Lipstick is the work of the Devil. I mean EW! Who would want to put glitter on their lips. Okay let me tell you, we wore the "smokey eye" look for the past two seasons, and I am not a fan. Nobodies looks the same, ever, and everybody just winds up looking like they have a black eye. Plus, you can't see it from far away at all. I like glitter, if done nicely. I really like colorful cream eyeshadow. I think it stands out well without being messy. And like those sticker things. Whoever invented those was a genius

do any of your coaches of your team make a tutorial like a video or give you a paper telling you how to get the achieved makeup "look"?

I do all the girls make-up before we get on stage.
1) it keeps me busy so im not worrying too much about my team and any possible mistakes
2) all of it is done the same way
3) I got a diploma for theatre make-up artist, so I know what i'm doing

the seniors have a base coat of light teal eyeshadown with a darker teal line on the eyelid. on top of the eyeshadow i put some transparant silver glitters. on their cheeks they have a teal glitterstar with black outline. lips have a medium red lipstick with dark red and light pink glitters mixed in it.

juniors have a hotpink lipgloss and just some little glittering stars next to the eyes. on the eyelids some shiny almost transparant teal eyeshadow.
I dont like heavy make-up on little girls.

personally, i dislike glitter makeup. for high school competition cheer we had to use blue eyeshadow and silver glitter. not pretty. and no one used the same shade of eyeshadow and it pretty much ended up looking a disaster.

also, advice to anyone who does use glitter - BE CAREFUL!! glitter got in my eye once and embedded itself in my inner eyelid. scratched every time i blinked. I ended up with a scratched cornea.

so my preference would be a shimmery eyeshadow that sparkles, just doesn't actually have glitter in it. much safer!

I KNOW I have asked this before and gotten an answer, but I have slept since then and can't remember.. can those of you that use the stickers, please post where you purchase them from, price, etc.

My team uses glitter makeup and its sooooo hard to get off and by the time we get on the competition floor half of our eye makeup has fallen off and its all over our faces and also the makeup has to be put on correectly because if not...:eek: but our team moms give us a makeup lesson before comps so we know what its supposes to look like. But ya I would prefer regular makeup its wayyyy prettier and classier!

If it's straight glitter, then I think it looks trashy. But a little bit of glitter with really pretty blended eye shadow always looks good :D And I have to say I'm a fan of glitter war paint outside of the eyelids... :)

Am I the only one who feels like glitter is kind of over??? I remember when my cp first started cheering years ago, she was 5 and we had apply pink glitter with a "cat eye" eye liner. It was awful:eek: I personally like the shimmer eye shadow in a team color.

I think alittle bit of glitter on the eye lids can look pretty. But most teams abuse it and use wayyy too much. Then i don't like it as much. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

this past season was the first year we used a mineral shimmer eyeshadow instead of glitter and I loved it. I would just add alittle drop of water to the brush and it made the color more bold. After years and years and years of the glitter I wanted to die every time we put it on. The little container of glitter would spill all the time. Pretty sure the glitter is still embedded in my carpet 7 years later. For days after, no matter how many times I showered I would have glitter in my eyebrows and on my eyelashes. Needless to say, every time I looked around the room it was like a sparkly disco ball was above me. Sooo glad the glitter trend is basically done.

I absolutely hate, hate, HATE straight glitter...its fine that you want the younger girls not have the same smokey eye makeup as the senior girls, but for minis, tinys, and youth i think shimmer eyeshadow works wonders! its glittery without the mess and stickyness. but glitter lipstick, yuck! i do not like the look of it, it looks like its been slapped on and all clumpy....but I think to add a POP of color, get a white (or blue or whatever color your gym is..... white looks better imo) shadestick or a jumbo pencil liner from NYX and line the inner corner of your eyes! Makes your eyes stand out more :)

Back