All-Star Going Pink For Breast Cancer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I got way too excited about this thread lol..... My mom is currently fighting breast cancer and has her last chemo treatment on the 19 of oct. My team will be dressing up in pink and are going take pictures and sign encouragement cards encouraging people to keep fighting. I will be surprising my mom along with the entire chemo department of the hospital on the 19 with these encouragement cards that will be attached to a pink ballon and will each have a picture of my team. Its nothing big but will hopefully bring some light into people lives who are having a hard time fighting for their lives.

Are you still at CF? PM me and I'll see if I can get my kids to help!

yqyjy5u9.jpg
at Brooke High, we have practice outfits and practice bows breast cancer themed. (we arent wearing the bows in this pic!) the shirts say "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" on the bak, and obviously we wear them every Wednesday all year, not just October. we have a few people very close to members of our team that have battled breast cancer, which is why we chose to do this.

for practices we are asked to wear pink, the past two years we as a gym have dyed strips of our hair pink, and this year we have pink bracelets with our gym name and then it also says "breast cancer awareness"

at school, we have a club called Pretty in Pink which focuses on fundraising for breast cancer research all year long. and in the club we host a pink out football game and volleyball game with bake sales at each. it's also largely promoted around our school about wearing pink tee and jeans on fridays.

yqyjy5u9.jpg
at Brooke High, we have practice outfits and practice bows breast cancer themed. (we arent wearing the bows in this pic!) the shirts say "On Wednesdays We Wear Pink" on the bak, and obviously we wear them every Wednesday all year, not just October. we have a few people very close to members of our team that have battled breast cancer, which is why we chose to do this.
I want one of these. Love love love

Our school is buying us pink poms for October! SO EXCITED.
Then we were just going to get some pink ribbon to tie in our hair in place of bows.

Last year my high school cheer team bought white knee high socks and we dyed them ourselves to a light pink for our october games. We also had Just Cheer Bows make us lovely matching pink bows. It came out to about $5 per girl.

So, with October upon us I know a lot of teams do special stuff for Breast Cancer awareness. Anyone want to share pictures or ideas that your program is doing?

We have a competition at the end of the month, so we considered doing pink bows. Anyone know where we can get super cheap ones? This will be out of my pocket as a surprise, so I don't want to spend $15/bow to only use one time. Or, any other cheap and cute ideas for competition?

You could just do a plain pink grosgrain and make them yourselves. I ordered all my ribbon last season from teapartyribbons.com - they have a good selection of 3" ribbon.

Solid Schiff Grosgrain Ribbon - 1/4" to 3" widths | Tea Party Ribbons

You could just do a plain pink grosgrain and make them yourselves. I ordered all my ribbon last season from teapartyribbons.com - they have a good selection of 3" ribbon.

Solid Schiff Grosgrain Ribbon - 1/4" to 3" widths | Tea Party Ribbons

I was thinking about doing that, but I would need 50 of them and honestly, I just don't have time! I would rather order them for cheap, but then I run into getting them here in time. I don't want to pay for them myself and not even have them. I should have thought about this a month ago, haha.

So, with October upon us I know a lot of teams do special stuff for Breast Cancer awareness. Anyone want to share pictures or ideas that your program is doing?

We have a competition at the end of the month, so we considered doing pink bows. Anyone know where we can get super cheap ones? This will be out of my pocket as a surprise, so I don't want to spend $15/bow to only use one time. Or, any other cheap and cute ideas for competition?

We have breast cancer bows that are on sale for $10 a bow plus free shipping for 12 or more. Email [email protected] for more information :)

F
I was thinking about doing that, but I would need 50 of them and honestly, I just don't have time! I would rather order them for cheap, but then I run into getting them here in time. I don't want to pay for them myself and not even have them. I should have thought about this a month ago, haha.
Forgot to include!
Pink grosgrain bows are $8.00!

Hi, I have 3" pink bows ready to ship for $5.00 and I have the 3" white with pink rhinestone breast cancer ribbon for $8.00
Shayne
cheerstones.net
[email protected]

It's 5:30am and were up to join "tumble for TA TAs" at the Komen run in Charlotte. I'd be lying if I didn't say I'd rather still be asleep since I only got home from work 6 hours ago.

At my gym we're having Pink Week this week! Everyone dresses in as much pink as they can for the week instead of practice clothes.

Back