All-Star Gssa-irvine-november 12, 2012

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Smoed and Mysterious had a bad day. I have seen Smoed this season and they were way better than yesterday. Don't be so quick to judge these two teams. It's only the beginning of the season and these two are always amazing by Worlds. Fantasy did very well. They have great stunts but in my opinion they need to step it up some on their tumbling. Fantasy got grand champs and Cali Sr Restricted got division champs. As far as cheerupdates he is not a Cali mom.

Most people on the boards know who cheer updates is and we know it is not a Cali mom. He was not present and was probably getting updates from various sourcs. The original question some one posted is that cheerupdates said on thing about smoed's performance and others had tweeted something a little different. Clearly people have different perspectives when they post what type of mistakes were made. A bobble for one person is a fall for another. For all we know cheer updates received several updates and chose the one he wanted to post. I just think if you are going to put your self out there as a person "in the know" a better and more objective perspective needs to be made when describing all teams.

So if smoed was exhibition only it was basically just fantasy and mysterious against each other for the grand champ right? Or we're there other regular level 5 teams there (not counting restricted) kinda hard for them to score as high with the restrictions :)

Cheer Nation is a program from Fresno, super clean style, I am not sure but it may be their highest team in their gym other then an open 6. Owners used to be head coach of Sac State(wife) and the husband used to be on Sac State and was a UCA partner stunt champion a couple years ago. Strong Strong stunters.
yes nation is probably the strongest gym in the central valley. They beat out Power in alot of ways..

Smoeds not looking so hot :(

We just got our 4th boy this week and have had a few kids injured the last few weeks...you can see the boy marking and the college kid filling in. We didn't plan on performing till this week. It was rough, but I can know gage what's gonna work and what isn't. We compete next weekend. Thanks to all the supporters. Good luck to everyone this season.

Before anyone starts bashing a team make sure you know all the details. Wait to open your mouth until you actually see them at their best. Thank you :)

I don't want to call out teams / divisions.. but I just don't see how team a can have girls fall flat on their faces versus team b who hits a routine and was decently good/clean and team a wins. when the difficulty&execution was better on team b than a.

Also the warm up are was NOT good a 5 panel "full floor" was a bunch of bull.. I guess gssa is luck that all these teams have worlds teams and are trying to get bid at the gssa competition at san Jose.

I wasn't very impressed by this event this yr.

They also didn't allow parents, athletes, sit to view the teams and cheer them on. Which was redic. Since they've done it before and now all of a sudden no.

Hopefully its better next yr

I feel GSSA always has these issues, I remember back in the day this was a HUGE comp......at least they dont give us those Aloha Spirit body boards for trophys. LOL

Before anyone starts bashing a team make sure you know all the details. Wait to open your mouth until you actually see them at their best. Thank you :)
We can all say we have issues with injuries, new kids etc., because I'm sure every team has them any given day. We would be here all day if we went down the list for each team and what the excuse is. Its funny you say bashing because I don't think any was doing so they were just mentioning that they did not do good. It's as simple as that. I can say mysterious did not have a good performance and if everyone on here mentioned the same thing I would say yes you are right. We did not do good! Will we get better? yes. do we have our issues? yes, but I don't need to mention an excuse.

We can all say we have issues with injuries, new kids etc., because I'm sure every team has them any given day. We would be here all day if we went down the list for each team and what the excuse is. Its funny you say bashing because I don't think any was doing so they were just mentioning that they did not do good. It's as simple as that. I can say mysterious did not have a good performance and if everyone on here mentioned the same thing I would say yes you are right. We did not do good! Will we get better? yes. do we have our issues? yes, but I don't need to mention an excuse.

okay well obviously your from PCM and there is a rivalry but seriously... cut the act!!! if they are having issues due to people injured or having new kids because other ones were injured and cant participate now! your dumb comments aren't needed! cali can tell anyone and everyone why they are having issue... Im sure if they had a bad day they would admit it!

okay well obviously your from PCM and there is a rivalry but seriously... cut the act!!! if they are having issues due to people injured or having new kids because other ones were injured and cant participate now! your dumb comments aren't needed! cali can tell anyone and everyone why they are having issue... Im sure if they had a bad day they would admit it!
What act? Dumb comments? that is uncalled for. Yes I am from PCM and Yes I once worked for CA and Yes some coaches are me friends, but I have my opinion to say it like it is. I wasnt saying anything negative, just the truth. I was just saying we all have our problems and can we all just say they didnt have a great performance and leave it at that. I was quoting the person saying we were bashing for saying they didnt do good. You all want to get all up tight when a team from CA is mentioned without a positive comment. They just didnt have a good day, regardless of the issues. I know they will get better and be successful this year.

Back