All-Star Gssa - Super Six/visalia, Ca 1/24/15-1/24/15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Did Flyers lose a lot of athletes? They seem like a new-ish team.

ETA: I still don't understand why people say they're not impressed with Smoed this season. I'm not a fan of their cocky attitudes either, but that routine looks insanely difficult. The only thing I don't like is the dance.
A lot of boys aged out/left and I believe some girls did as well. I know of a few returners this season so I can't say they lost a TON of athletes.

I feel like the lighting was so bad and all the formations looked off almost like the kids could not see the lines on the floor, I have so much to say after watching all 6 teams, but i will reserve myself.

i dont think people were questioning who got the bids. they were questioning why those chosen for bids dont have to make the super six. it can make making the super six kind of pointless, since a teams participation in the super six can just be just for show and not count for or go towards anything (i think thats it, if im understanding this comp right) other than being able to participate in this picture...

B8PLfG5CMAAFjbp.jpg
Who got a bid that didn't make the final six?

I feel like the lighting was so bad and all the formations looked off almost like the kids could not see the lines on the floor, I have so much to say after watching all 6 teams, but i will reserve myself.

Oh just come to the dark side and spill it. We have cookies

I guess I just didn't get it, I saw a lot of really bad technique, sub par skills, restricted 5 tumbling in worlds teams, teams trying to be 'creative' but looking a hot mess, spacing was awful, not on all teams, too much stomping, not enough reason for it and a whole lot of sexy time I will never get back. I am getting old. Nothing will ever replace solid technique in my book, if you have the skills no need for all the fluff, many teams hide what they dont have by pole dancing moves and stomping on the floor like they just threw a standing double...no thanks....just show me your true worlds 5 skills. I like cookies.

I guess I just didn't get it, I saw a lot of really bad technique, sub par skills, restricted 5 tumbling in worlds teams, teams trying to be 'creative' but looking a hot mess, spacing was awful, not on all teams, too much stomping, not enough reason for it and a whole lot of sexy time I will never get back. I am getting old. Nothing will ever replace solid technique in my book, if you have the skills no need for all the fluff, many teams hide what they dont have by pole dancing moves and stomping on the floor like they just threw a standing double...no thanks....just show me your true worlds 5 skills. I like cookies.
603.gif

I'm loving the honesty!

Oh and the top girl on American that is wearing a side bow headband, I can't see your face and you are all up in the front of this routine, pull your hair back girl...ok, i think I am done now. Wait, if you cant do a level jump please don't put a tuck on the end of it or better yet do one or two jumps that are level to a tuck not 4 twirling jumps that look like minis are jumping. Ok good night.

After watching the video of super six, I think Smoed and Ops were definitely deserving. Still confused on the point of having "super six" if you're not giving bids to those teams. In the past, it's always been if you made super six, you were at least walking away with an at large and were competing again for paid. I'd be disappointed to perform for a third time and not receive a bid.

I'm excited to compete against Cali's io6.

After watching the video of super six, I think Smoed and Ops were definitely deserving. Still confused on the point of having "super six" if you're not giving bids to those teams. In the past, it's always been if you made super six, you were at least walking away with an at large and were competing again for paid. I'd be disappointed to perform for a third time and not receive a bid.

I'm excited to compete against Cali's io6.
I think that it's the 2 at large bids for each paid bid that throws things off this year. In the past there were 2 paid and 6 at large so everyone in super 6 got a bid plus 2 teams not included in super 6 got an at large as well.

During the Super Six performances they turned off all the audience lighting. So we were sitting in the dark. That added to the darkness on the stage.
If I remember correctly they've done that annoying feature every year (& by every year I mean, the last 5 years when I competed there)

i dont think people were questioning who got the bids. they were questioning why those chosen for bids dont have to make the super six. it can make making the super six kind of pointless, since a teams participation in the super six can just be just for show and not count for or go towards anything (i think thats it, if im understanding this comp right) other than being able to participate in this picture...

B8PLfG5CMAAFjbp.jpg

Woah, don't forget the "Super Six" t-shirt!

Back