All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I remember during worlds 2011, Maryland Marlins had lights go out. Does anyone remember if the whole routine got re-scored or just what happened at that point and after?

Cheersdominique, I can't quote from my phone but the lights went out in the very middle of the pyramid. Right after the pause in the music.

I remember during worlds 2011, Maryland Marlins had lights go out. Does anyone remember if the whole routine got re-scored or just what happened at that point and after?

They had to re-do the whole routine, but only got scored from running tumbling onwards (where lights went out during their first performance).

I don't have any strong feelings either way about how the re-scoring is done, and I see both sides of the fairness issue.

The reality is I think all of our opinions of the fairness are dependent on the circumstances. In this instance, we think it unfair to the other teams since Senior Elite had mistakes that they now have an opportunity to correct. On the other hand, if Senior Elite's performance has been flawless up to the point of interruption, we would probably think it was unfair to Senior Elite for them to have to be entirely re-scored.

The reality is that there is no standard procedure for handling these things when they happen, so event producers just have to do their best to evaluate the situation and remedy it as best they can given the circumstances at the time.

Its usually pretty standard procedure to score the team up til the point of interruption, then on the 2nd performance score from that point on. Even if they kept going when the lights went out the should get re-scored.

I don't have any strong feelings either way about how the re-scoring is done, and I see both sides of the fairness issue.

The reality is I think all of our opinions of the fairness are dependent on the circumstances. In this instance, we think it unfair to the other teams since Senior Elite had mistakes that they now have an opportunity to correct. On the other hand, if Senior Elite's performance has been flawless up to the point of interruption, we would probably think it was unfair to Senior Elite for them to have to be entirely re-scored.

The reality is that there is no standard procedure for handling these things when they happen, so event producers just have to do their best to evaluate the situation and remedy it as best they can given the circumstances at the time.

Then, in both scenarios, it's only fair to begin rescoring from the moment the unexpected problems happened. The skills that hit or didn't hit before that point happened in a regular competition situation, so they shouldn't be erased because of something that happened afterwards.

Back