All-Star Gssa, Wsf, Bubt, American Grand Updates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hate the subjectivity of cheerleading, and I hate the idea of "EP's choice". I think bids should be awarded by score and score only
The thing with Super 6 is that all Level 5/6 teams compete twice for the win in their division. Then the 6 highest scoring teams compete a 3rd time for the bids. That is just the way this competition is set up. The teams all seem to know that they have to "bring it" when they hit that floor the 3rd time. This isn't the first time that the 1st place team did not get the paid bid at this comp. In fact it happened before about two years ago.

As far as scores... those are always subjective in cheerleading. It's kind of like a "judge's choice" versus and "EP's choice". And the reality is that the EPs are the ones who are paying. Last year GSSA chose the two paid teams they sent to Worlds and both came back with Gold. So I struggle to fault GSSA. The reality is that the subjectivity of cheerleading is one of the factors that keeps it from gaining "sport" status. Until that changes (and a universal score sheet would help, but will still not remove the subjectivity 100%) it is what it is...

#BUTBT at large ACX Small Coed C4 Small Coed GA Heat Small Coed CEA Medium Coed ACE Small Coed LA Cheer Force Small Coed

What's the bid choice for butbt because cheer extreme medium coed got the at large but georgia won and didn't get the at large

The thing with Super 6 is that all Level 5/6 teams compete twice for the win in their division. Then the 6 highest scoring teams compete a 3rd time for the bids. That is just the way this competition is set up. The teams all seem to know that they have to "bring it" when they hit that floor the 3rd time. This isn't the first time that the 1st place team did not get the paid bid at this comp. In fact it happened before about two years ago.

As far as scores... those are always subjective in cheerleading. It's kind of like a "judge's choice" versus and "EP's choice". And the reality is that the EPs are the ones who are paying. Last year GSSA chose the two paid teams they sent to Worlds and both came back with Gold. So I struggle to fault GSSA. The reality is that the subjectivity of cheerleading is one of the factors that keeps it from gaining "sport" status. Until that changes (and a universal score sheet would help, but will still not remove the subjectivity 100%) it is what it is...
I wasn't referencing GSSA specifically, it was more of a general statement. And yes I agree, a universal score sheet could help things

Lmao I'm not trying to fight I'm just saying that we'll have to wait for scores to be posted because blops hit both days and flyers only hit today
Flyers beat ops ... Ops raw score I think a point lower ... Bids were judges choice obviously there going to give the two teams they gave bids to last year and won worlds it's not fair IMO but it's happens and it makes sense for them to do that!

What's the bid choice for butbt because cheer extreme medium coed got the at large but georgia won and didn't get the at large
GA may not accept at larges.

So are paid bids EPs choice here as well? I know I didn't see a bid declaration for BUTBT.

Like there not aloud or they just didn't accept it?
well, they're allowed to, but they may not accept them. There are many programs that will not accept at large bids. They will only attend on a paid.

Back