All-Star Gym Rivalries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 17, 2011
anyone know of any fun gym rivalries? big or small! I always think its fun to compete when you have a fun rivalry.

It's not so much rivalries but a lot of my college teammates coach for teams in Pittsburgh, Ohio, WV and the DC area. We all love competing against each other!! There will be five of us representing teams at Worlds this year in both the Cheer & Hip Hop divisions.

For years there was the rivalry between T&S, SOT, and Gym Tyme. Seeing all 3 back in the same division is nice and it made their division at NCA interesting. I don't know what makes a rivalry fun but that one sticks in my mind.

Our J3 and the Hamilton Starz J3 have developed what I'd consider a fun, healthy rivalry. They've competed against each other several times. Have been alternating wins all season. Both teams pushing each other to be better. They both cheer for each other. It's actually been nice to see 2 pretty evenly matched teams battle it out all year and it stay nice between them.

The teams in the Junior division their last year at worlds seemed to have formed a healthy rivalry. Didn't they send each other packages and support each other all while competing against each other?

Our J3 and the Hamilton Starz J3 have developed what I'd consider a fun, healthy rivalry. They've competed against each other several times. Have been alternating wins all season. Both teams pushing each other to be better. They both cheer for each other. It's actually been nice to see 2 pretty evenly matched teams battle it out all year and it stay nice between them.
What a wonderful situation, especially "they both cheer for each other". Says a lot about those teams (and their coaches). :)

We have a few rivalries in our neck of the woods but sadly it has to be taken to an ugly place most of the time. The worst part about it is that it's usually the parents and coaches that stir up the drama. The kids like and respect each other for the most part.

Back