All-Star Gym Rivalries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish we had fun rivalries here in VA. Instead we have a bunch of drama starting teenagers on twitter...... I wish all these kids could get along! It would be so much more fun since they all have such a common bond!

its kind of an unspoken one but basically fame and every small gym around richmond afraid of losing kids to them lol

don't know how prominent these rivalries are now but i know back in the day some were

stingrays/georgia
f5/shooting stars
top gun/miami elite (can't remember if they were actually rivals but were two big gyms in the same town so i just assumed)
gymtyme/sot/t&s
cheer dynasty/all star legacy

Dynasty and legacy was a huge one. Before I even got into allstar cheer i knew about that one

There's a rivalry between CPs gym and the one a few miles away but it's generally a friendly one. Generally. When our teams compete against each other, they push each team to do their best and live beating each other, but will also cheer each other on. Sometimes it gets ugly but overall it's all good.

dynasty and legacy was BIG. and "vipers" hasn't been bought by twisters for sure yet.....not trying to cause drama just trying to clear things up. the rumor mill has been going crazy since dallas and i just want to remind everyone not to believe everything they hear. :D

I wish we had fun rivalries here in VA. Instead we have a bunch of drama starting teenagers on twitter...... I wish all these kids could get along! It would be so much more fun since they all have such a common bond!
DRAMA perfect word to describe Illinois gyms ugh it gets sooooooooo annoying

I wouldn't say rivalry so much but Aviator Allstars (Gastonia, NC) and Elite Cheer and Dance (Raleigh, NC) have got a fun relationship. We go head to head but it's very much, "may the best routine win...today." We chatter on their Facebook page and they do on ours. Our level five went to Raleigh (it's our first level 5 and were in Diamonds division) and some of their staff came to the arena to cheer us on. Even took pics with our team with their three banners and champion cup tees.

Last year at cheersport they only took two teams and we only took two so our flight crew went to priority seating to yell for them and some of their fans came to priority seating for us. We've even talked about getting our Angels and their Diamonds together for a fun practice. It's a great relationship between two fierce gyms. It's nice to be fierce with really stout competition but at the same time, be really good friends as well. Don't get me wrong, we want to win, but if we're gonna get beat, we don't ind getting beat by Elite :)

what gym?!?! up here people are PSYCHO lol no offense to anyone... but three or four gyms around here are just ridiculous UltimateRudags knows what im talking about lol

I believe you. But down here it is quiet for us and we like it that way. Since we are close to Missouri we see those gyms more often than Illinois gyms and most of that is not anything near areal rivalry. Just kids jawing back and forth but nothing real. Now NC that is crazy rivalries for real.

I love knowing people on other teams and having that friendly poking back and forth! There are those from both my cp's old gym and her current one that are really irked by the fact that I will go and talk and laugh and joke with people from another team. I couldn't care less. We're all here for the same EXACT reason-why not cheer on the hard work, the dedication, the endless hours they have put in to get to where they are that particular moment in time. My daughter LOVES making new friends on other teams, despite having a deep desire to beat them lol. Why can't we start a movement to encourage "inter-cheer-racial" relationships! We have a whole giant thread about meeting other fierceboarders and a whole section just for US at worlds, why not spread it to every other competition, every team, every time? I know this is just wishful thinking from a girl who really does want world peace, but it only takes one person. One smile, one attempt. It could spread faster than we think.

Back