All-Star Gym Rivalries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rivalries? Welcome to California....lol
preach.. lol

and pct cobras and cheerpride in canada, not really rivalries because i think they only have one or two teams that compete against each other but cheerprides owners and coaches as well as one athlete compete on the open teams and both gyms are pretty good with cheering each other on which is awesome to watch :)

There's a huge rivalry around here between almost all of the gyms and "our neighbors" NCA. It's a new gym that is seriously 50 seconds from my gym.

don't know how prominent these rivalries are now but i know back in the day some were

stingrays/georgia
f5/shooting stars
top gun/miami elite (can't remember if they were actually rivals but were two big gyms in the same town so i just assumed)
gymtyme/sot/t&s
cheer dynasty/all star legacy

Not so much a rivalry but PacificForce (pcm + Cf) have grown to be really good gyms to each other. Theyre always supporting each other at comps, and I think that its really nice that two gyms that should be rivals are more like friends, like shawn and nastia.
I agree, Cheerforce is like, the only gym I don't mind losing to haha. I love the relationship we have. Wish other gyms in our state could do this..lol

some girls at my gym think everybody thats not in our uniform is a rival.

the fact that I had friends on different teams was like, appaling to them.
i put on a shirt over my uniform to support another team just why they were performing (not even in our level) and I got lots of rude looks and whispers.

whatever, I always think of it as: If y'all lived in that area, guess where youd be cheering. So no need to be haters when theyre just cheerleading and we're just cheerleading.

some girls at my gym think everybody thats not in our uniform is a rival.

the fact that I had friends on different teams was like, appaling to them.
i put on a shirt over my uniform to support another team just why they were performing (not even in our level) and I got lots of rude looks and whispers.

whatever, I always think of it as: If y'all lived in that area, guess where youd be cheering. So no need to be haters when theyre just cheerleading and we're just cheerleading.

I agree, you're all there to perform your best and there is such a common bond between you all that love a sport so much and work so hard. I just don't get the drama that i see sometimes. My cp's best friend is on a "rival team" this year and her mom and I are also very close friends. We've done a good job of helping them stay close and have fun while representing our separate gyms. We shared a hotel room at Cheersport, we both cheer on each others' teams competing at the comps, I've made bows for girls at the other gym, etc. Just trying to show my 10 yo that competition is healthy and its great to love and represent your gym, but it does not have to be rude or cruel. We sometimes get strange looks or hear comments, but not as bad as it could be ;). Bring on the healthy, fun rivalry!

in florida Lake Mary allstars v.s. Shine Athletics and Orlando allstars v.s. Epic Cheer Company

epic and orlando arent really rivals anymore i dont think. they dont really have many teams in the same divisions. and same with lma and shine.

I agree, you're all there to perform your best and there is such a common bond between you all that love a sport so much and work so hard. I just don't get the drama that i see sometimes. My cp's best friend is on a "rival team" this year and her mom and I are also very close friends. We've done a good job of helping them stay close and have fun while representing our separate gyms. We shared a hotel room at Cheersport, we both cheer on each others' teams competing at the comps, I've made bows for girls at the other gym, etc. Just trying to show my 10 yo that competition is healthy and its great to love and represent your gym, but it does not have to be rude or cruel. We sometimes get strange looks or hear comments, but not as bad as it could be ;). Bring on the healthy, fun rivalry!
AGREED! My best friend cheers at a gym two miles away from my gym, and we go head to head. But, it doesn't matter. A few people give us weird looks, but I could care less. We love eachother, but best believe I'm whooping your butt on that mat ;).

Well right now theres a MEGA rivalry between MD Twister of Va(former Vipers cheer and dance of Manassas, VA) and Allstar Legacy (Dulles and Manassas). Especially Manassas since the two gyms are 10mins away from each other. The rivalry has really intensified now that they are planning on coming to Va, and a lot of the kids that feed into both Md Twister Va and ASL Manassas live in the same areas. 2012-2013 season and tryouts should be very interesting.

epic and orlando arent really rivals anymore i dont think. they dont really have many teams in the same divisions. and same with lma and shine.
I agree, things has definitely died down alot this year for OA and Epic. The first few years the gyms were open though it was a good rivalry

I just meant that there are a lot of rivalries in California. Not anything intended to initiate drama. There's just a lot of gyms here!

hahahaha i didnt take it as a bad thing. its just truth everyone and their granny has gym rivalry in california. just waiting to see how this unfolds. LOL!

Not so much a rivalry but PacificForce (pcm + Cf) have grown to be really good gyms to each other. Theyre always supporting each other at comps, and I think that its really nice that two gyms that should be rivals are more like friends, like shawn and nastia.

i could see the gym merger now. . . Pacific Force! weeerk! HAHAHA JK!

Back