All-Star Gyms In The Charlotte Area...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Not that CCCBeBad has to be defended, but he is the current tumbling coach of CEA level 5 cheerleaders. I know some CEA parents who have asked him to work with their kids. If he has an issue with CEA, he does not let that cloud his coaching.

This is crazy, and I can't believe I just wasted five minutes reading this argument. MommaDonna (OP) is going to think we are all nuts down here in the Carolinas and put her kid in soccer. Can't say I would blame her

Bottom line is, just like everywhere, there are some great, some really good, and some okay gyms down here - and that's not saying that a smaller gym isn't or can't be great for your situation. Don't get caught up in the rivalries, but instead go with the best fit for your child and your family. While CAS and CEA have both had outstanding success on the mat, big gyms aren't always the best for a child who is moving to a new area and trying to make friends. As I stated before, there are plenty of programs in the CLT area from which you can choose. I would be happy to provide an unbiased opinion through PM if it gets to a point where you need it. Good luck!

This is crazy, and I can't believe I just wasted five minutes reading this argument. MommaDonna (OP) is going to think we are all nuts down here in the Carolinas and put her kid in soccer. Can't say I would blame her

Bahahhahah! Shame on those making NC look bad!
tongue.png

Also you're right that CEAs level 5s are more well known than the lower level teams... but that is the same at Charlotte Allstars. If you were to ask me to name as many teams from Charlotte Allstars as I could I would only be able to name Gold and Teal, their two senior level 5 teams.

I hope you get a chance to see Charlotte Peach this year then! You'll love them for sure. They expanded my memorization of CAC team names this season! They are one Charlotte team I won't forget anytime soon. I believe they compete in the Youth L2 division and are tons of fun to watch!

I hope you get a chance to see Charlotte Peach this year then! You'll love them for sure. They expanded my memorization of CAC team names this season! They are one Charlotte team I won't forget anytime soon. I believe they compete in the Youth L2 division and are tons of fun to watch!

Do you have a video? I live in England so I won't be able to see them live
frown.png

There is also Aviator Allstars around the Charlotte area. (Gastonia, I believe) with talented teams and very fun parents.

Thats not even a question CAS baby! love them, and from what Ive heard their a very family gym every level gets their own undivided attention and not to mention they shut it downnnn!
;)

**Also their a modest gym with full lenth tops...I know some people really like that and others dont care but you know just fyi

Feel free to message me with any questions. Cetainly I am partial to Charlotte Allstars but I do not mind giving you a unbiased opinion depending on your CPs needs and where you plan on living.Th

Oh and Charlotte Allstars can more than provide your level 5 athlete what they need. We have 3 large level 5 teams this year.
Thanks! She is for sure not level 5 yet! She's probably more like a level 1 or 2. She just has her round off/back handspring now...almost. She's 7 and just started cheering last year. We're just hoping to keep a good thing going!

Well back to the intent of the thread that was about gyms in the Charlotte area...

There are many gyms in the area that have different options and cultures. The priorities at one aren't always the priorities at another. Feel free to message me with any of your own specific needs and I'll try and give you a couple options. Best of luck!
Thanks so much! I'll probably take you up on that once we figure out for sure what's going onnnnnn!!!

Bottom line is, just like everywhere, there are some great, some really good, and some okay gyms down here - and that's not saying that a smaller gym isn't or can't be great for your situation. Don't get caught up in the rivalries, but instead go with the best fit for your child and your family. While CAS and CEA have both had outstanding success on the mat, big gyms aren't always the best for a child who is moving to a new area and trying to make friends. As I stated before, there are plenty of programs in the CLT area from which you can choose. I would be happy to provide an unbiased opinion through PM if it gets to a point where you need it. Good luck!
Thanks!!! I was getting a bit overwhelmed there!!! We're in a great gym where we live now and are just trying to keep a good thing going! My cp is 7 years old and is a level 2 at best right now, so we're for sure not looking at a world's bid yet! We just want a solid start and a positive experience that will not lead to burnout!!! ;-)

Well back to the intent of the thread that was about gyms in the Charlotte area...

There are many gyms in the area that have different options and cultures. The priorities at one aren't always the priorities at another. Feel free to message me with any of your own specific needs and I'll try and give you a couple options. Best of luck!
Thanks! I'll probably take you up on that once we find out what is going on. ;-)

Sorry about the double post...didn't think the first one went through.
biggrin.png

Hello all! We are for sure moving to Charlotte! We found out my husband got a job in the Indian Land, SC area. It looks like we're going to go with Charlotte Allstars. I'm wondering, though, what is the traffic like between those two places during rush hour? I'm kind of wondering what transportation to and from the gym is going to be like. Currently I am trying to decide on when I can work!!! (...totally like a cheer mom...arranging work around the gym...:eek:)

Back