All-Star Gyms That Have "disappeared"

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Last I heard of Staten Island Spirit (and just checked the website), they listed the 2010-2011 season on their website. However, their facebook page only lists 12 friends, and I'm having a hard time finding them on competition sheets. I can't imagine there's lots of cheer to be found on SI, but maybe that's where all the NYC people go.

Just judged them at a local comp. They looked pretty good. They have a guy on their team that has amazing jumps!

Cheer Dynasty out of Va! i think everyone went to Legacy, but this gym was really getting up there with the rest of the popular level 5 teams...idk what happened after that:( those were my favorite uniforms of all time i think the ones from 06-08.

I think Dynasty is now part of Vipers.
Yep, you're right! http://www.viperallstars.com/ *Notice the slogan haha I know there are a few people on the boards from Cheer Dynasty previously and now cheering with Vipers so I am sure they can explain it more and this is the original dynasty link: http://www.cheerdynasty.com/ There is a lot of gym merging/closing/moving going on in VA and MD these days...the economy is taking over!! :(

That's good question! If you live in NYC.. Where do you go to cheer?
That was my 'problem.' There aren't any in NYC proper (Staten Island is harder to get to compared to Brooklyn/Queens, and isn't always counted anyway), so depending on what you want, you usually have to take the LIRR to a gym out farther on the island. Not a terribly long ride depending on where but it's hardly convenient.

NY Cheer or one of the islands- Mid Island Extreme, Island Elite, Gravity Cheer
well island extreme and mid-island extreme are the same gym... there is also long island cheer and premier all-stars on long island but if you live in the city you could either go to jersey upstate new york or long island to cheer

well island extreme and mid-island extreme are the same gym... there is also long island cheer and premier all-stars on long island but if you live in the city you could either go to jersey upstate new york or long island to cheer

Long Island Cheer is an Awesome program!!! I met them at CANAM last season, they are an Awesome, and Friendly program! They really have something Good going there in Long Island!!!! cheers to them! Hope to see them again, soon!!

Just saw Metro last weekend and pretty sure I saw Jersey Elite on an upcoming schedule. As for Vortex, we have 5 teams this season including an open 6 team for the 2nd season. Sadly the area lost TNT but the kids are all elsewhere and the gym seems to be doing well housing highschool and rec teams.

Where are they hiding? lol... I've been competing all over the area and haven't seen or heard from these teams in about 4 years. Or is it that they only do locals?

What other teams does vortex have this year? Doing any big comps? I used to coach a youth 2 team eons ago that was always against you guys, and we took turns placing 1st and 2nd to each other all season lol:)[/quote]

Haha I remember that! Our senior team broke up but we have mini exhibition, mini 1, junior 2, open 6 and a half yr junior 1. Plus we have some girls competing indiv and stunt group. Left we have spirit sports this weekend, some cheer techs, a few other locals and american superstarz in myrtle beach.

Extreme Allstarzz in IL? Not sure what happened to them. They were blue & black. They had some pretty decent teams 6 or 7 years ago but there website is no longer part of JAM and haven't heard anything about them in a LONG time.

The gym closed this past summer. I know they had an IOC5 last year, but I can't remember what other teams they had. The last season I remember them being HUGE was 03-04, which was also the season that Ice Athletics opened. I think they just kept losing more and more kids to Ice and a few of the other gyms in the area as the years went on.

That's like a 4hr drive from nyc lol
oh oops, haha i was just thinking gyms in general in new york, my mistake!
redface.png

Anyone ever heard of TUCS Titans out of Georgia? Somewhere near the Atlanta area. The last I heard of them was circa 2003 ish. It was one of my gyms old coaches that went and started the gym. Not sure how good they ever were but I always wondered what happened to them.

where did Miami Elite, Encore cheer co. and Pro Cheer Pro Cheer Go To? I mean i know Pro Cheer is still around but in 07 Pro Cheer had a pretty beats Small Senior Lvl 5 Team. Like the flip around skirts?!

Latest posts

Back