All-Star Hair Products

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 8, 2014
So this year we have to have curly hair. I am just wondering what kind of hair spray i can use that will hold the best. I was thinking that i would spray before i put it in the curling iron and then after i take it out. any suggestions would be great! Thanks

For after the curling iron, I highly recommend got2be Glued Blasting Freeze Spray. I don't know how it would work before using the curling iron, though. I'll be watching this discussion for suggestions, too - thanks for asking! :)

My mom swears by the Goldwell Style Sign hairspray. It holds all day and keeps teasing and curls in perfect without making them crunchy or sticky, and doesn't smell awful. It's a little pricey but it's totally worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were using the Got to be Glued last yr but I didn't like how it made the hair so crunchy. We tried the Loreal Ellnet satin hairspray this yr, exyta strong hold, and I LOVE it! Get the unscented if you can find it, it still has a scent but it a better than the regular one smells. It has something in it for humidity protection which is nice. The best thing is that it brushes out super easy. It holds without being crunchy, so the hair still has movement.

I know people love the got 2b glued but I hated it for my cp's hair. If you need to brush it out or mess up and have to redo a curl it leaves residue and flakes behind. It is just no fun to work with.
A couple seasons ago a mom introduced our team to aerogel and I've been hooked ever since. I buy it on amazon.

If you use hairspray before you curl, it makes the curling iron stick to the hair and is hard to work with. We used to be able to find this:
got2b-guardian-angel-heat-protect-n-curl-iron-spray-and-gloss-finish-416x416.jpg

and would use it before each curl - it was awesome! Now I can only find the flat iron version and I don't know if that would work for curls.

After curling we use any super hold hairspray - Got2b glued freeze spray, Chi Helmet Head, etc. Luckily, we don't have to have the super tight curls any more, so I just wand curl the ends after we tease it.

Any curls will stay in better if you use smaller sections of hair for each curl.

Here's what we swear by for heat styling:

To spray on hair to use with curling iron/hot rollers: Redken Hot Sets #22. We've been using this stuff since my CP's early pageant days. She has super thick straight hair, and her hair will hold a curl with no problem using this. I individually spray each section of hair as we curl/set.

Hairspray for after: Freeze-It. It's in a gold can. You can usually find it at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart. (My life will be complete if Target ever starts carrying it.) My CP's hair is hurricane proof with that stuff.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I am going to try and find some of this stuff before our comp this weekend. Our old gym had straight hair so this is all new to me and i don't want them to fall.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!! I am going to try and find some of this stuff before our comp this weekend. Our old gym had straight hair so this is all new to me and i don't want them to fall.

Hey I don't know if you're set on using a curling iron it open to other suggestions but I'll share mine in case it helps you :)

I use the bendy foam rollers (like pipe cleaners with foam around them). I wrap a piece toilet roll/kitchen roll around each one. I very slightly dampen each section of my hair as I go, and verrry lightly spray it with Got2Be Glued freeze spray (big yellow can) before rolling it up on the foam roller and then you kinda twist the roller to keep it in place. Once I have done this for all my hair (at this point I already have the pony in) I blast it with a hair dryer for about ten minutes.

I would normally leave it like half a day (so morning of comp) but have slept in it before! The curls last forever and I spray the blasting freeze spray over them once I have them unraveled how I want them :)

You do look a bit like you have a pineapple on your head when it's setting but I think it's worth it and better than using a curling iron. I was told by a hairdresser that you need to take hair from wet to dry and from hot to cooled to make sure a style stays in such as curls

I like the redken hotsets or matrix VaVoom freeze spray(gray to black ombre bottle with red writing). Or the Aussie freeze spray works wonders too

Here's what we swear by for heat styling:

To spray on hair to use with curling iron/hot rollers: Redken Hot Sets #22. We've been using this stuff since my CP's early pageant days. She has super thick straight hair, and her hair will hold a curl with no problem using this. I individually spray each section of hair as we curl/set.

Hairspray for after: Freeze-It. It's in a gold can. You can usually find it at Walgreens, CVS, Walmart. (My life will be complete if Target ever starts carrying it.) My CP's hair is hurricane proof with that stuff.
This is EXACTLY how I did CP 1/2's hair when they competed all star. Fantastic combination!

So this year we have to have curly hair. I am just wondering what kind of hair spray i can use that will hold the best. I was thinking that i would spray before i put it in the curling iron and then after i take it out. any suggestions would be great! Thanks

We did the Got2Be and freeze gel, then put it in the curlformer, she slept with it in and then I used a Pantene Hairspray.

This is the end result
10169263_10152330949106682_6749295332162193960_n.jpg

Back