All-Star Help! I Hate Doing Cheer Hair!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does the synthetic really look that much different though? Honest question. The posh ponies are not that pretty to look at, especially up close and in their 2nd year of use. They are thin at the bottom. Not trying to talk badly about what people choose because I completely see the convenience and ease of choosing the posh or pinup.

We make real hair ponytails to match their hair color, cost about what a salon visit costs, sold on Facebook Shopify and Etsy. They are VERY SECURE, Made to fit a tight bun, no teasing her hair, clip out and be free after comp. takes 2 min to put in.
f960f8a60d0daa32dfc185450f1118d4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Are these the Cheerleader Hairpieces mentioned earlier in the thread?

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it's Beehive Cheer Hair.

Last edited:
Are these the Cheerleader Hairpieces mentioned earlier in the thread?

I'm not sure which comment you mean. But ours are made with 100% real hair so they can be curled, straightened, colored just as real hair can be. Ours are different from posh in many ways. The install method is totally different and very secure. But ours can look like a normal natural ponytail if you don't tease it or just tease lightly. It is a bun cover and the point of that is to protect your daughter's hair from the styling damage. It's also so you can be ready quickly. Any styling can be done well before a comp. It takes only 2 min to put in.
You can see how they go in on a video on Facebook, Beehive Cheer Hair.

I'm not sure which comment you mean. But ours are made with 100% real hair so they can be curled, straightened, colored just as real hair can be. Ours are different from posh in many ways. The install method is totally different and very secure. But ours can look like a normal natural ponytail if you don't tease it or just tease lightly. It is a bun cover and the point of that is to protect your daughter's hair from the styling damage. It's also so you can be ready quickly. Any styling can be done well before a comp. It takes only 2 min to put in.
You can see how they go in on a video on Facebook, Beehive Cheer Hair.

Thank you! I edited my post above.

Does the synthetic really look that much different though? Honest question. The posh ponies are not that pretty to look at, especially up close and in their 2nd year of use. They are thin at the bottom. Not trying to talk badly about what people choose because I completely see the convenience and ease of choosing the posh or pinup.
You cannot tease synthetic hair, it just rats and looks awful. It is also shiner than real hair. If the poshes look awful. its because they haven't been taken care of. I washed and reteased former CP's twice a season. If I hadn't it would have been a mess from hairspray build up.

I drug my feet on getting a hair piece, but it was the best decision ever. It has saved my daughter’s hair, my sanity, and so much time for both of us. We had a Posh Pony for two years and it looked great. I washed it twice a season, because some product build up is helpful when teasing. We have ordered a Spirit Pony for this year because we wanted to try something new, but I wasn’t disappointed with the Posh. I really don’t think $300 was a bad price for a hair piece that we used a lot for two years. Find what works for you and go for it.

I drug my feet on getting a hair piece, but it was the best decision ever. It has saved my daughter’s hair, my sanity, and so much time for both of us. We had a Posh Pony for two years and it looked great. I washed it twice a season, because some product build up is helpful when teasing. We have ordered a Spirit Pony for this year because we wanted to try something new, but I wasn’t disappointed with the Posh. I really don’t think $300 was a bad price for a hair piece that we used a lot for two years. Find what works for you and go for it.

Jeez that is a lot for a hairpiece. I know you got 2 years of use from it but $300 is almost half of my monthly student loan allowance for college. I'm glad the teased hair does not exist anywhere near my college programme otherwise I'd have to live on rice and beans for a month in order to pay rent.

I swore that there was no way I was spending the money on a Posh Pony or any other fake hair. But my daughter dives competitively, in addition to cheering, and between her blonde stick straight hair, the massive amount of time she spends in chlorine and the weekends full of teasing and trying to get a 'loose beachy curl' to stay in her hair - something had to give before all her hair broke and fell off. The damage from last season resulted in a hair cut and a summer full of pricey repair treatments.

So here we go...it was delivered yesterday and she wanted to curl it right away - it curled beautifully with no problems holding...she won't compete in it for a couple weeks but we are doing the full install and going tumbling this weekend. It is not thin at the end and matches her own so well that at least four experience cheer moms did not think it was a pony by the pictures. We have a friend who got another brand that they were ultimately not happy with for a variety of reasons. But there seems to be people in every camp...those that love Posh, those that love Pin ups, those that love Spirit hair...as well as people that loathe every brand.

Any sites have in stock hair pieces? We've just been notified that they need teased ponies for competition hair and it is breaking cp's hair already.

I haven’t read the thread so I don’t know if other people have suggested it, but you could always make a rat and then pin her hair into it. That’s what they do in the theater/drag/Hollywood.

All you have to do is pin it to her head, tease her hair just enough to cover the rat, and then pin the hair into the rat. I don’t know how well it would work in a full out, but it’s cheap enough it’s worth trying before a practice once to see how it goes. I know a girl that used one back when a big poof was in style so she didn’t have to tease her hair at all, she just smoothed it over the rat and was good to go in like 5 Minutes lol

Here’s a good tutorial on making one:

You cannot tease synthetic hair, it just rats and looks awful. It is also shiner than real hair. If the poshes look awful. its because they haven't been taken care of. I washed and reteased former CP's twice a season. If I hadn't it would have been a mess from hairspray build up.

You absolutely 100% CAN tease synthetic hair, it actually teases better than human hair because it crimps up but can be steamed straight again where human hair doesn’t have that quality.
If your synthetic hair is shiny, even after some dry shampoo or being washed before styling, it’s really low quality hair.

I don’t know anything about Cheer ponies I work with wigs mostly, but human hair wigs/hair pieces are way harder to tease than synthetic hair.

Any sites have in stock hair pieces? We've just been notified that they need teased ponies for competition hair and it is breaking cp's hair already.

What color is her hair? Clip in ponytails are a dime a dozen, but darker hair colors are easier to find since they are usually made for African American women. You could just buy one and tease it and then use got2b glued to lock it in place.

You absolutely 100% CAN tease synthetic hair, it actually teases better than human hair because it crimps up but can be steamed straight again where human hair doesn’t have that quality.
If your synthetic hair is shiny, even after some dry shampoo or being washed before styling, it’s really low quality hair.

I don’t know anything about Cheer ponies I work with wigs mostly, but human hair wigs/hair pieces are way harder to tease than synthetic hair.
This has not been my experience, and any hairdresser will tell you the same as me. It clumps up like a rat's nest, the tease goes flat quickly, and once you stretch those synthetic fibers by teasing them, there is no fixing or changing it. The more you tease, the more matted it gets until it just looks like a complete mess. You can do a certain amount with steam as far as returning the luster, but those fibers don't just snap back. It never goes back to what it was. Every time it is teased it looks worse than the last. Human hair can be washed, conditioned, and re teased multiple times before breakage gets too noticeable.

This season CP has a girl on her team with chemical sensitivities that strongly limit what kinds of makeup and hair products she can use. I swear I want to hug that kid-because our hair requirements are a tight, high straight ponytail-something that the kid can do without needing tons of hairspray or gel. We also have very light makeup compared to most teams, because the makeup this child can use is just plain not as bright/dark and we need to match.

I’m over the moon-especially since our first competition is in Sevierville, where the hotel has an Indoor water park!

This season CP has a girl on her team with chemical sensitivities that strongly limit what kinds of makeup and hair products she can use. I swear I want to hug that kid-because our hair requirements are a tight, high straight ponytail-something that the kid can do without needing tons of hairspray or gel. We also have very light makeup compared to most teams, because the makeup this child can use is just plain not as bright/dark and we need to match.

I’m over the moon-especially since our first competition is in Sevierville, where the hotel has an Indoor water park!

We went to a competition at Wet N Wild one year. The water was so gross because everyone had just taken off their uniforms and put on swim suits so the water was full of glitter and hair spray. I stayed in the little kids section with my youngest daughter because the water was less sticky and less glittery then every place else. But when the park closed every sparkled because of all the glitter in the water.

Back