High School Help Us Pick A New Mascot!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So, someone a bit back had started a thread on California banning the "Redskin" mascot name. IT's a done deal, we are changing it...and making final suggestions Monday for the official change. I tried to find that thread because there were some awesome suggestions, but for the life of me couldn't find it. If we could not get into the whole debate about if it should or should not be changed...I would appreciate it because the real problem for us right now is WHAT to change it to.... I am part of the committee for the name change and we need something good. We are also changing this with he help of our local tribes who do not want any specific tribe names to be included in the name of the mascot as that is understandably the name of THEIR tribe and THEIR identity. Here is some background on the school/Town to help get the wheels turning:

Tulare Union pronounced (too-lary)
California
Colors: RED, Gold, White (black accent)
Rich native american history
Town known for growing based on its railroad development
Now a Huge agriculture town (mainly dairy) (home of world ag expo, largest in nation)
2 hours from beach
2 hours from Yosemite
Smack dab in middle of Central California
Rival Schools: Western Mustangs, Mission Oak Hawks

Any help with names would be great!

Tomahawks (sp?)
Locomotives (complete with spirit section called "locomotive locos)

Tidal Wave (we have a team called "The Green Wave" around here and we're 12 hours from the ocean. They must have been referencing the sess pool that is the Ohio river).

War Eagles (this sounds Native American to me, but I readily admit most of my knowledge of Native American culture came from Camp Kickakee staff in Earnest Goes to Camp. I'm actually quite ashamed of this).

Tomahawks (sp?)
Locomotives (complete with spirit section called "locomotive locos)

Tidal Wave (we have a team called "The Green Wave" around here and we're 12 hours from the ocean. They must have been referencing the sess pool that is the Ohio river).

War Eagles (this sounds Native American to me, but I readily admit most of my knowledge of Native American culture came from Camp Kickakee staff in Earnest Goes to Camp. I'm actually quite ashamed of this).
We can't have anything associated with war or weapons... Cmon... I live in a state where people Sue if their Starbucks is too hott

Back