High School Help Us Pick A New Mascot!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lots of voiceover, theme idea, and tshirt potential with that one!

Plz share tribe ideas! My team's mascot is Warrior and our fan section calls themselves the tribe. I always try to incorporate it but I just end up using the same 2/3 things.

Any official word yet? @CheerItFullOut
We hear back next week... I'm on the committee and there was a big city wide vote that went to district... I'm hearing Tribe is the winner... I'm TOTALY fine with that. Easy to work with ... I like that it's not a lot of letters... From a cheer standpoint... It's actually much easier than Redskins. I have gone with a lot of black this year... So it gives off a cool new vibe.
I also started this new thing with my kids... its kind of secret or I'd share... But it goes with Tribe...id like this whole thing to go away... That's all anyone talks about the school anymore, our Mascot. :( time to focus on the kids accomplishments , their work in the community... Their education

I get that Tribe is the front runner, but how will it be depicted as a mascot!?! What kind of costume would your mascot wear? I think it still leads back to using Native Americans or objects associated with Native Americans. I mean I suppose you could go the direction of The College of William and Mary and use the Griffin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get that Tribe is the front runner, but how will it be depicted as a mascot!?! What kind of costume would your mascot wear? I think it still leads back to using Native Americans or objects associated with Native Americans. I mean I suppose you could go the direction of The College of William and Mary and use the Griffin...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the meeting... They said hey would stick to Native American... (Local tribes want us to keep it.. Until the law completely abolishes the use of native Americans as mascots.. Right now it's the word "Redskins"... As it sits to replace everything Native American would be millions of dollars and this would alleviate cost (to which the law gives us zero funding)... As I said in another thread.. We purchase a lot of spirit items from our local tribes... We take more of an educational approach to how we depict native Americans on campus. Every mural , every statue is authentic and has a story behind it ... Kids are educated on what and who it is. Our band color guard clothing items are hand made... Authentic suede and feathers made by each individual.. Takes over a month for everyone to bead the fringe and weave their head piece... It's to honor the workmanship and appreciate the craftsmanship of the culture we are representing. Our "spirit dance"... That I will post here... Is approved by our tribes.. It's actually quite breath taking in person. We do it every game and rally... Our Indian princess (note: we do not refer to her as a mascot ... Is always of Native American decent) ... A TRIBE can really be anything.. It's a group of people ...i suppose.

Here is the link to the spirit dance, it reads "Redskin Princess"... But that is not what she is called

110m3o5.jpg

This would have to go

Back