Help With My Full ! Please

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 20, 2011
i have been having a problem with my full , i twist left but my head looks the other way so its harder for me to spin the rest of the way a round ...any sugestions???

Have you ever tried twisting to the right?
i round off right but twist left, and i also know a friend who had your problem for the longest time until someone told him to twist the other way and it just clicked

I would suggest sticking with twisting left it will make it easier to work on your step out out of halfs and 1.5's

Try to focus on what you are seeing, you should see the wall as you set your layout then look hard at your left shoulder then you should be able to see the ground to spot for your landing.

Also you have to fully commit to the skill and do it. Think of it like a tuck or a back handspring- what happens if you just pull half way and don't fully go for it?

I also have an issue landing my fulls. I feel like I'm twisting all the way then i always end up on my buns! Is there a trick to landing these?? please helpp!

I also have an issue landing my fulls. I feel like I'm twisting all the way then i always end up on my buns! Is there a trick to landing these?? please helpp!
ohh i can land it i just done make it all the way around like i have good height ande everything i just cant get the other half hahha

you could try to spin right because your head is already trained to go that way or you could just try to keep your head left. hope this helps:)

No this doesnt happen in my layouts. My coach says I have really pretty layouts but right when i start to spin it turns ugly haha.

Are you seeing the ground before you land? You should be able to spot your landing, also make sure that you aren't piking the landing and dropping your bottom out behind you

i had the same problem then my coach had me stand on the edge of the tumbletrak and jump off backwards with my eyes closed. it helped me feel wheere i was when i was landing and i landed the next full i did!

Back