All-Star Help with practice wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 14, 2009
We are making some changes and would like to know what everyone on here prefers.

When practicing - do you prefer to have a set outfit to wear each practice or wear what you want?

Would you like to have just one day that everyone has on the same outfit to work on formations?

Boys - would you rather have tshirts or under armour shirts for practice?

Girls - would you rather have sports bras , tshirts, or both.

Girls - would you rather sports bras were available regular or full length for your practice wear (each persons individual choice) ?

would you rather wear on existing outfit for practice at comps - or would you rather have a nice set for the friday night practices at Cheersport etc.

Please feel free go give any ideas about gym clothing other than the uniform.

thanks in advance! Darla

-at my gym we wear what we want, the only time certain outfits are required is at choreography.
-yes, it would be nice for everyone to look the same
-not a boy
-i feel more comfortable in a tanktop/t-shirt, but that's just me
-having it availbe as a tank (full length) would be a very nice option for people not comfortable
-for speacial practices, like cheersport, i'd like a speacial outfit just for the occasion

It would drive me insane to see kids wearing what they want the entire season as opposed to practice clothes.

I prefer wearing the same colors. Say, a team picks, white top- black bottom. Girls wear what makes them comfortable as long as it's white on top. Sports bras, tank tops, tees. Same for black on bottom, some like the spandexy shorts and others like Soffe's. I did a study in my fashion marketing class that people feel best when they are comfortable with their appearance. I definetly think the same applies during practice-- if you feel good, you will try harder. So as for the original question, I prefer a practice outfit that may not necessarily be exactly the same style and cut, but still looks uniform on the floor.

we wear whatever we want to practice. but it must be practice appropriate. in addition, for choreography we have a required outfit/color scheme

i'm not a boy so i can't answer that one
but as a girl, i like to wear shorts and a tanktop/tshirt
for bra tops, i'd like it to be offered in both a sports bra and a full top

and when we practice at big competitions, we have a required outfit to wear.

my daughters team has no rules regarding practice outfits. Had never even heard of it before this board. Definitely have never even had an organized practice at an away comp, so can't really comment on that. Does your team rent space?

- at my gym we have a set outfit, but it doesn't make a difference for me
- i think only one day would be nice
- both, i like sports bras but not when stunting in the summer when your all sweaty
- i didn't know there were full length sports bras? regular length.
- i would rather have something new for friday practice at comps. we get one shirt that we wear specifically for that

We have two set outfits. One for Weekend Practices and one for the Weekday Practices. Both have an option of a sports bra that matches with the outfit as an option. Teams then will get practice wear of their own at some point in the season and we usually will alternate it with one of the normal practice wears throughout the season.

Also with ours if you do not want the sports bra, one of the outfits is shorts and a tank the other is shorts and a t-shirt

- I like wearing what I want, but my gym and high school have set outfits for the year. Although my allstar team last year just kind of forgot about the dress code halfway through the year, and it was never enforced after that.
- I prefer sports bras for the summer, tanks for the cooler days. But I know some girls on my teams would not be too happy if someone forced them into just a sports bra.
- Most of the boys on my teams wear under armour.
- I like getting new outfits for competitions
- I HATE wearing T shirts for practice. Unless I have to, I will always wear something with no sleeves.

if i could practice in a sports bra and shorts, i definitely would.
my team just has set practice tshirts/shorts/bows but i would love to be able to practice in a sports bra, especially in the summer when its really hot

as for set practicewear at comps, i like that idea too

I prefer wearing the same colors. Say, a team picks, white top- black bottom. Girls wear what makes them comfortable as long as it's white on top. Sports bras, tank tops, tees. Same for black on bottom, some like the spandexy shorts and others like Soffe's. I did a study in my fashion marketing class that people feel best when they are comfortable with their appearance. I definetly think the same applies during practice-- if you feel good, you will try harder. So as for the original question, I prefer a practice outfit that may not necessarily be exactly the same style and cut, but still looks uniform on the floor.

Agreeeeed.

Back