All-Star Help with practice wear

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We had a weekly weigh in on my college team. If you didn't make weight you didn't cheer the game.

i think for girls they have a choice of an assigned sports bra or an assigned t shirt because some girls might not be comfortable with revealing themselves and for boys a t shirt also i think the sports bra and the t shits should all have the same logo so everyone does look sort of the same

The color of any outfit - I don't think really matters, I think what's more important is team unity. As a coach, it's easier to differentiate between problems and cleanliness on the floor if EVERYONE is in the same attire.

My Senior teams wear sports bras and hot shorts, with an optional tank top (that matches the sports bra)
My Junior teams and below wear a full length racer back tank and hot shorts

They have set days for different colored outfits, but their uniformity helps me keep them clean - watch transitions effectively - and helps me fix mistakes!

A great company for practice uniforms - Just Briefs

Its very hard for me to remember to wear the practice outfit- but i think its a good idea because evrything looks better and you look like a team! You cant be a team if you dont act like one :)

If everyone always wears the right thing, you can work on formations/dances anytime.

I like shirts better. When stunting, slipping on each other's sweat and sticking your arms in your flyer's sweaty armpits isnt fun (yes... i am a backspot). Also, just sports bras and spandez/soffes is kinda risque in gyms where theres little girls and parents around, especially family-oriented gyms like mine. We compete in scandalous outfits... that should be enough!

I like the tight running shirt/tank tops - form fitting so it doesnt get in the way, yet comfy and sensible.

I'd like to get a nice set to practice in the night before! True story: In Indy, my team went to practice friday night looking like total hobos - wore whatever we wanted, some in sweatpants, looking a hot mess, etc. All the teams that had a special outfit looked awesome, and we felt like losers! Plus getting something new for Cheersport/Dallas/Indy makes it special :)

I think practice clothes make things more fun! Its especially fun when each team has a practice shirt JUST for their squad (junior 2 has a different shirt than senior 4, whos is different than senior 5, etc.). You know, something specific to that team, like a shirt with the team's name on it (Shooting Stars, Starlites, etc) or a voiceover from the music or something! Also, my gym has practice bows for each team! We look like a gym at comps where everyone wears the same one, but at practice the teams get special ones :) Hope this helps!

ok Im lame but I perfer to wear what I want especially just right after learning choreo...I find it easier to figure out where to go and who is s'posed to be next to you...and I was much rather have a tank top/tshirt rather then under amour stuff...it gets really hot and nasty in that stuff

Back