OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Lol I know that was an exaggeration, it was the first thing that came to mind. I mean, I figure $3 an item, 12 items is $36. I know it really wouldn't take that much, but when I was little, I always got a lot of their makeup and knew that almost everything was only dollar. So the first thing that came to mind was $35=35 items. And then everything was half off, which would be $70=35 items.
ETA: looking on the website now, I haven't seen one thing that is a dollar, which is slightly amusing and slightly heartbreaking. Like finding out that your favorite childhood show is ending. Except with makeup because I've always been a makeup girl
The elf essentials are still $1, but you have to scroll all the way down the page to see them because they're obviously trying to sell you the more expensive kind!
And im sad because you have to spend $30 to get 50% off and I don't need that much, though I could probably spend it. But shipping is $8 and to get free shipping I'd have to spend $35 but really $70 and I definitely do NOT need that much (nor do I need to be spending that much money on things I won't use just to get the free shipping)

The elf essentials are still $1, but you have to scroll all the way down the page to see them because they're obviously trying to sell you the more expensive kind!
And im sad because you have to spend $30 to get 50% off and I don't need that much, though I could probably spend it. But shipping is $8 and to get free shipping I'd have to spend $35 but really $70 and I definitely do NOT need that much (nor do I need to be spending that much money on things I won't use just to get the free shipping)
But in reality, who does need that much? ;) it's fun. I'd gladly go spend $70 on makeup even though I just got a Benefit concealer, a Laura Geller lip crayon, the Naked2 palette at Christmas last year, and the Tarte foundation (in September) that lasted me 8 months last time I had it

Lol I know that was an exaggeration, it was the first thing that came to mind. I mean, I figure $3 an item, 12 items is $36. I know it really wouldn't take that much, but when I was little, I always got a lot of their makeup and knew that almost everything was only dollar. So the first thing that came to mind was $35=35 items. And then everything was half off, which would be $70=35 items.
ETA: looking on the website now, I haven't seen one thing that is a dollar, which is slightly amusing and slightly heartbreaking. Like finding out that your favorite childhood show is ending. Except with makeup because I've always been a makeup girl
Its getting more expensive and i hate it so much! Everything thats a dollar isn't even the good stuff, its like the basics :(

I am loving my new Makeup Forever HD Liquid Foundation! I recommend it to anyone who needs light coverage! The only downer is that it doesn't apply nicely with my beauty blender, so I had to really splurge and get the Makeup Forever brand foundation brush. I am hopeful that I will have it for the rest of my life since it was almost $50. It really does make a difference, however, I am sure there are cheaper brushes that are similar that would have worked well, I just didn't want to go through the trial and error to figure out which one.

Its BEAUTIFUL. We got it at Ulta and I was playing around with it. It's a lot like Lorac pro to go but it comes with some extras that doesn't. It's definitely a great starter kit or staple set for traveling. And they have the same great pigmentation and quality that you expect from Urban Decay.

Heading to Mexico over Christmas break and thought this might help condense the usual makeup stash. Thanks to all for your feedback.

Heading to Mexico over Christmas break and thought this might help condense the usual makeup stash. Thanks to all for your feedback.
Not a problem! When we aren't busy I spend a lot of time playing around with makeup so I can know what I'm selling:)

Did anyone get the December ipsy bag yet? I feel like it's taking forever this month. They charged me right on the 1st. The other ones I got came about 3 days after that, but not this one. Wondering if mine is lost, or if they're just slow this month?

Thats normal for them. They take payment on the 1st, but most of the time don't ship till the 10th.
OK thanks! I usually get them so fast. (not sure why I care - I don't usually even use the stuff. But if it was list I'd have to tell them quick because I know they run out.)

so i need help... my friends and i are doing a secret santa and the friend i picked absolutely LOVES lipsticks so i wanted to get her something along the lines of a gift set of assorted lip colors (like this one for example: Full Frontal Lipstick Stash Set - Urban Decay | Sephora .) why i need help: she is black. i am obviously a very pale, irish, white girl so while i know a bit about makeup, i don't know much about shopping for other complexions. i really want to get her something that she'll love and actually use. she's all about the bold colors so is this set worth it? i don't want to get her something she can't really use. anyone have recommendations?

so i need help... my friends and i are doing a secret santa and the friend i picked absolutely LOVES lipsticks so i wanted to get her something along the lines of a gift set of assorted lip colors (like this one for example: Full Frontal Lipstick Stash Set - Urban Decay | Sephora .) why i need help: she is black. i am obviously a very pale, irish, white girl so while i know a bit about makeup, i don't know much about shopping for other complexions. i really want to get her something that she'll love and actually use. she's all about the bold colors so is this set worth it? i don't want to get her something she can't really use. anyone have recommendations?
She could always use a lighter base so that the color pops more! Like a light lip liner all over her lips or even a lighter concealer than her skin. My manager has a dark complexion and she uses the light lip liner trick!

Back