OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
She could always use a lighter base so that the color pops more! Like a light lip liner all over her lips or even a lighter concealer than her skin. My manager has a dark complexion and she uses the light lip liner trick!

True, okay. I realize I probably sounded like an ignorant idiot even asking but it's like when you try to buy clothes for someone and if it's too small it's like "...oh" but if it's too big, you're a jerk for assuming they are larger than they are. I didn't want to be that person here and be so excited to give it to her and her just being like ...yeah I can't or won't use that.

True, okay. I realize I probably sounded like an ignorant idiot even asking but it's like when you try to buy clothes for someone and if it's too small it's like "...oh" but if it's too big, you're a jerk for assuming they are larger than they are. I didn't want to be that person here and be so excited to give it to her and her just being like ...yeah I can't or won't use that.
No not at all! I get that question all the time at work because deep lip colors are so popular. My manager overheard someone ask me and told me about the lip liner:)

not high end but makeup related. I finally found the target up & up foundation brush with the black handle. It's so hard. I don't like it lol. I'm going to return it. Its unused. But ouch it hurts. I love and prefer real techniques contouring brush. Its so soft. Anyone use that up & up and had the same problem?

I just reached Sephora VIB Rouge Status last night! I am not 100% sure of the perks that you get, other then you get more frequent complementary makeup applications (they call it make overs) and a free skin care analysis. My husband was like"oh thats awesome, at least your getting something for the money your spending there..." if he only knew how much money you had to spend to reach rouge I would be dead! lol Luckily I have turned him on to to some of the men's skin products that we get at sephora as well!

Does anyone wear the UD Naked Skin weightless foundation or Estée Lauder Invisible foundation?

I haaaaaateee the feeling of makeup, but want something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I have normal to slightly dry, fair skin. I've tried a few bb creams, mineral powders, and most recently got a sample of EL double wear light, but haven't been crazy about any of them. After about 4 ish hours I can feel the makeup sinking into my skin on my cheeks and it drives me crazy. If anyone has any lightweight foundation recommendations I'd love to hear them!!

Does anyone wear the UD Naked Skin weightless foundation or Estée Lauder Invisible foundation?

I haaaaaateee the feeling of makeup, but want something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I have normal to slightly dry, fair skin. I've tried a few bb creams, mineral powders, and most recently got a sample of EL double wear light, but haven't been crazy about any of them. After about 4 ish hours I can feel the makeup sinking into my skin on my cheeks and it drives me crazy. If anyone has any lightweight foundation recommendations I'd love to hear them!!
Have you tried the bare minerals powder? That's what I use. If you go to Ulta and tell them you're considering it they'll color match it and apply it so you can see what it feels like before you make a commitment.

Have you tried the bare minerals powder? That's what I use. If you go to Ulta and tell them you're considering it they'll color match it and apply it so you can see what it feels like before you make a commitment.
I'm wearing MAC's mineral powder right now and it's ok. I'm not super fond of the idea of loose powder because one of my old roommates used to wear it and it was always everywhere. Our bathroom was such a mess because of her and it's ruined all bare minerals for me haha. I'll ask them about it though!

I'm wearing MAC's mineral powder right now and it's ok. I'm not super fond of the idea of loose powder because one of my old roommates used to wear it and it was always everywhere. Our bathroom was such a mess because of her and it's ruined all bare minerals for me haha. I'll ask them about it though!
What Alexx said! My loose powder doesn't really get everywhere (I use the elf kabuki brush not a bare minerals one. Their brushes get poky really fast and do make a mess) but they have the pressed powder and I think maybe a liquid? I've only used the loose powder but it literally feels the same as when I don't wear makeup. That's basically the premise behind the whole company so I'd assume the other foundations are pretty similar but that's just a guess. Definitely ask at ulta bc they're awesome about letting you try stuff

I don't have any experience with those, but Bare Minerals liquid foundation is wonderful! It's so light but somehow still evens out your skin and covers everything. Plus it has a serum in the foundation which helps your skin while you're wearing it:) what I suggest to guests that come into Ulta and don't know if they want the liquid or the powder is to try the powder on one side of your face and liquid on the other. Walk around the store for 5 minutes and see which one feels and looks better to you:)

I used to wear Bare Minerals. It looks and feels amazing. I stopped because it rubs off all day, all over all my clothes - and yes, the powder got all over everything in my bathroom.

Have you tried a tinted moisturizer? Laura Mercier makes an amazing one. They have an oil free one too, which I love. I use the oil free liquid (or EL Double Wear) because I like heavier coverage, but the tinted moisturizer is awesome. You can get a good size sample of it (like a week's worth) at Blue Mercury or Nordstrom.

It's super quick and easy to put on because it comes in a tube, not messy, good but not heavy coverage, stays on all day.

I just reached Sephora VIB Rouge Status last night! I am not 100% sure of the perks that you get, other then you get more frequent complementary makeup applications (they call it make overs) and a free skin care analysis. My husband was like"oh thats awesome, at least your getting something for the money your spending there..." if he only knew how much money you had to spend to reach rouge I would be dead! lol Luckily I have turned him on to to some of the men's skin products that we get at sephora as well!

I've never heard of the Rouge status so I just looked it up online. :jawdrop: I wish I had that kind of make-up stash at home ;)

I've never heard of the Rouge status so I just looked it up online. :jawdrop: I wish I had that kind of make-up stash at home ;)

You would think that after spending all of that money throughout a year I would have quite a stash....but I don't! I think most of my money has been spent on skin products, which can add up. Which would also lead you to think that I had perfect skin...and I don't. :mad:

You would think that after spending all of that money throughout a year I would have quite a stash....but I don't! I think most of my money has been spent on skin products, which can add up. Which would also lead you to think that I had perfect skin...and I don't. :mad:

My boyfriend's dad is a high end Salon product distributor and he gives me free stuff all the time. I love the stuff he gives me, but if I ever have to start actually purchasing them, I'd be spending ALOT on a couple of small bottles.

My boyfriend's dad is a high end Salon product distributor and he gives me free stuff all the time. I love the stuff he gives me, but if I ever have to start actually purchasing them, I'd be spending ALOT on a couple of small bottles.
THAT is why I have spent so much! I am in love with Ole Henrikson's pure trush vitamin c oil, it has done wonders for my skin, but it is $45 for a tiny bottle! My other go two is the Stila Stay all day BB cream, which is $38, add in a concealer that is $20 and this stuff adds up! Not to mention that my super crazy skin can't use the same type of cleanser in the morning as at night. Then once I got my husband hooked on the Anthony line of mens products ($36 for the face scrub) Rouge status was just inevitable! But hey, I can get makeup applications whenever I want which is a total perk!

I got a $25 sephora gift card and I bought the Tarte "best in faux lash" which is supposed to be the fiber lashes that everyone has been using lately.... aaannnnndddd i hate it. I'm kinda upset because I love tarte everything and I have really long, thin eyelashes and when I use mascara they look kinda spidery... and this is supposed to add length and volume, and it did nothing. I followed the directions, watched tutorials, everything... nope. nothing. anyone else?

Latest posts

Back