OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I'm thinking about using my Christmas money to get either the naked 2 or naked 3 palette, which one would you all recommend? I have the naked 1 and love it!

Naked 1&2 are actually really close in colors where naked 3 is more of the rosy colors so if you have 1 already I'd get 3

I use philosophy lol. I get the huge one, with the pump, (a little pricy, but it lasts a long time) and then take a travel container...pump the philosophy in there, and just keep refilling that one little container.
I might try that, granted i just got the clairsonic but I'm always willing to try out new things :)

For myself, MAC has really been the best match. I've used everything from drug store to Urban Decay Skin. Some people say MAC is too cakey and thick, but it really depends on what type of foundation and powder you get - there are so many options!
I suggest going to a MAC counter and getting color matched, then talking to one of the artists on their suggestion for the type of coverage you're looking for. That's what I did and I couldn't be happier with how my skin looks.

Anyone have any tips as to start building a makeup collection? how to store it? what all to splurge/skip on??

Anyone have any tips as to start building a makeup collection? how to store it? what all to splurge/skip on??

I know lots of makeup people have really cool like train cases to hold and store everything - but most are $100+ and that just really wasn't for me (i'd rather spend that money on actual makeup.) so i got one of those sterilite little drawer organizers (well, not that little it's a craft one so each drawer could fit the 12x12 scrapbook paper.) anyway, it has three drawers that i labeled face, eyes, and lips and all of my makeup is in its corresponding drawer. it's cheap and it works for now. and everything is very easily accessible and not a mess. prior to that i was keeping it in my actual makeup bag and could never find anything and i was very disorganized.

The Dior AirFlash foundation is a definite splurge, and worth every cent, IMO. but because of the spray, i know that at best i'll only get 20-30 uses out of each can, and each can is $62 - so i don't wear it every day. i couldn't afford to wear it everyday. but it makes your skin look photoshop perfect, so if i have a wedding or some outing that i know there will be a lot of photos taken (sound silly) but i'll make sure to wear it for those occasions.

Just got back from Ulta and came home with Urban Decay Naked Flushed, which is a little bonzer/blush/highlighter combo. I put some over the makeup I was already wearing to test it out and it looked like it's going to be great! I also got a Calvin Klein lipgloss in a nude/beige color called Sugar and I'm obsessed. It is so pretty. Aaaaand I got in UD Primer in Greed.. I usually get the normal shade but this one was only $10 lol. Surprisingly it's really pretty! It's a gold color with some shimmer. I was also going to get the UD Vice 2 Palette but they were all out :banghead: I'm pretty upset about it hahah

Just got back from Ulta and came home with Urban Decay Naked Flushed, which is a little bonzer/blush/highlighter combo. I put some over the makeup I was already wearing to test it out and it looked like it's going to be great! I also got a Calvin Klein lipgloss in a nude/beige color called Sugar and I'm obsessed. It is so pretty. Aaaaand I got in UD Primer in Greed.. I usually get the normal shade but this one was only $10 lol. Surprisingly it's really pretty! It's a gold color with some shimmer. I was also going to get the UD Vice 2 Palette but they were all out :banghead: I'm pretty upset about it hahah
How do you like the flushed pallete so far? I'm debating on getting that, or just getting seperate bronzer, blush, and highlight.

I might try that, granted i just got the clairsonic but I'm always willing to try out new things :)
I use the sensitive head (always have) and my own cleanser. I'm always nervous about using a new product as my skin even as an adult will breakout easily so when I bought my clarisonic I was afraid to pull a double whammy with a new tool and product.

For mascara, I love the Sephora sampler boxes. They give you about 10 trial size ones that really go a long way. I could use them for easily 6 months if I wanted to but especially since I just got contacts, I've been sticking to the 3 month rule. $45 for a bunch of little ones rather than $25 just for one and you get to experiment with different types. Or I'll buy the little $10 ones at the checkout which is probably more expensive but I'd end up throwing the other ones out anyways.
But ones I've found I like (I don't remember all the names so going off of pictures for some of these):
Benefit Bad Gal and They're Real
Buxom Lash
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!
Too Faced Lash Injection

And I specifically remember not really liking MUFE or Smashbox

As crazy as it sounds, I bought an airbrush machine for my makeup and I will never ever go back to foundation again!!!

It was a bit pricey ($300) but it takes 5 minutes to do, and looks flawless. Not to mention it looks like I have no make up on my skin at all. I get compliments daily on how "I'm glowing." It is one of the best investments I have ever made! I highly recommend it.

How do you like the flushed pallete so far? I'm debating on getting that, or just getting seperate bronzer, blush, and highlight.
I like it! The colors are really pretty. I think the bronzer could be a little darker but all in all it makes your skin look nice. Plus it's only $30 and the bronzer I use alone is $30 so I think it's a good deal :)

For mascara, I love the Sephora sampler boxes. They give you about 10 trial size ones that really go a long way. I could use them for easily 6 months if I wanted to but especially since I just got contacts, I've been sticking to the 3 month rule. $45 for a bunch of little ones rather than $25 just for one and you get to experiment with different types. Or I'll buy the little $10 ones at the checkout which is probably more expensive but I'd end up throwing the other ones out anyways.
But ones I've found I like (I don't remember all the names so going off of pictures for some of these):
Benefit Bad Gal and They're Real
Buxom Lash
Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes!
Too Faced Lash Injection

And I specifically remember not really liking MUFE or Smashbox
I have the Benefit They're Real, I like it, it just makes my eyelashes look spidery, and I want more volume because my eyelashes are really long, don't need help there! lol

everyone needs to try Smashbox full exposure mascara! my HG for sure. I don't know what it is but I've tried all the UD ones and Benefit, and keep coming back to full exposure. Its so good! plus it comes off super easy which is a MUST for me. If I have to fight it at night to get it off, its not worth it.

[email protected]. Cheer I feel the same way about They're real! too spidery.

Back