OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Smash box primer and foundation are the best I have ever used. Good coverage, but doesn't feel like a liquid on the skin. I have always used powder foundations in the past because I cannot stand the heavy, greasy feel of a liquid this is different. I use a foundation brush to apply and it feels just a light as Bare Minerals but the coverage is so much better. It takes me about half the time to apply because I don't gave to work so hard to get coverage. I have very fair skin with some redness and really had to work with Bate Minerals to get good coverage. Used lots of the bisque concealer. I don't need concealer under the Smashbox at all.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
What does smash box cost vs bare minerals?

To those of you asking about foundations for dry skin, I have a recomendation for you. However, it's not a foundation. My skin is combination, but tends to go through dry spells where it gets super dry and flaky. I also tend to get red marks for months after a break out. I began using Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Vitamin C Youth Activating Oil. I was so hesitant at first to use it because I get super oily in my T zone, but I gave it a go. This stuff is freaking amazing! It has helped my dry patches, and has make my skin tone so even. It is seriously the best thing that I have used for my skin. I got so many compliments when I first started using it about how my skin was glowing. It is that good. I got it in a combo pack with the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum Vitamin C Collagen Booster, and while I like this, I find that it cleans your pores so much you break out if you dont use it often. So I tend to do an every other day, or every two days with it. You put it on before the Oil.

Here is the rest of my beauty goodies...

I am terrible with makeup and never wear foundation, I usually just put on bronzer and blush, but I recently decided to try out a BB cream, and hated it. Once the Color IQ came out in sephora though, I decided to give it another go. I use Stila Stay All Day 10 in 1 BB. Its really smooth going on, and it covers slight blemishes as well.

I am also a sucker for Sephora brand blush and bronzer, they are really great, and inexpensive. I haven't tried too many other brands though, so I could be missing out (but my wallet isn't!) I use Healthy Rose 09 and for the Bronzer I think the name is Aruba something.

I am a big fan of primers, and love Smashbox's photo finish primer, as well as Laura Merciers Foundation Primer. For during the day touch ups I will not use anything but my Benefit POREfessional and my Peter Thomas Roth max anti-shine mattifying gel.

For those of you out there who may have a man in your life who likes to try some new stuff also, my fiance loves Anthony Logistics for Men facial scrub and the glycolic facial cleanser. He has tried the Anthony logistics deep pore cleansing clay, but only used it once. For shaving he always uses the Anthony Logistics Shave Cream, and the Instant fix oil control from time to time.

I just bought some of the 3 drawer storage containers from the container store, a little makeup organizer and and 2 section acrylic jar to hold some cotton swabs and cotton rounds in to reallly organize my makeup.

I got my Coastal Scents 22 brush set in the mail yesterday and they feel amazing! I haven't used them on my face yet but they got really good reviews and with shipping it was about $22? I need a place to put all my brushes, I have them seperated by face and eyes, the problem is that my face brushes are a little thicker with the handle and right now I have them in little glass jars but it's overflowing, lol. I was thinking about buying those sigma brush holders on amazon.

Also, any diy brush cleanser and instructions? I want to clean my new brushes before using them to see how they hold up.

Okay, not makeup. But I bought the fake bake self tanner from ULTA and I just have to say it's actually amazing. You get instant color, it's not super messy OR orange and it smells like coconuts- not fake tanner. I seriously recommend it.. Especially to the cheerleaders who spray tan every competition. I just ordered some more on amazon and I think I payed $8 for it. It's worth it. Seriously go try it. I think I'm in love.

Okay, not makeup. But I bought the fake bake self tanner from ULTA and I just have to say it's actually amazing. You get instant color, it's not super messy OR orange and it smells like coconuts- not fake tanner. I seriously recommend it.. Especially to the cheerleaders who spray tan every competition. I just ordered some more on amazon and I think I payed $8 for it. It's worth it. Seriously go try it. I think I'm in love.

I 2nd this. I normally get very orange from self tanners but this stuff is awesome. And quick. I keep it on hand all the time so I can look good and tan on short notice.

Anyone have a long lasting lipstick they like? My lipstick always comes off at comps, like before we're even done with warmups. We use one called "Bing Cherry" which I thought was from fancy face but I don't see it on their site? It was in the royal blue and silver makeup kit. I am trying to find a lipstick that will stay and comes in a similar color. It's a deep red with a little bit of a pinkish hint. So I thought some of you would have some suggestions!

Anyone have a long lasting lipstick they like? My lipstick always comes off at comps, like before we're even done with warmups. We use one called "Bing Cherry" which I thought was from fancy face but I don't see it on their site? It was in the royal blue and silver makeup kit. I am trying to find a lipstick that will stay and comes in a similar color. It's a deep red with a little bit of a pinkish hint. So I thought some of you would have some suggestions!
Ive always used a lip stain and never had a problem with it coming off. I tried Maybelline's Colorsensational lip stain, which I liked, but I like Revlon's Just Bitten lip stain more because it also has a clear balm on the other side, which gives it a lipstick look instead of the lip stain look (not really sure how to explain it). I'd put it on when I was getting ready in the morning and I'd never have to reapply. The only thing I don't like is since it's a stain, when I try to get it off, my lips will have a light red tint the next day. Not very noticeable but I notice it lol.

Any recommendations for a good BB or CC cream?

I love the Stila BB cream, it feels great, has nice coverage, and isn't very heavy. I have also used the Bobby Brown BB cream, but I didn't really like it. It smelled like sun block and was really heavy.

Back