OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Alright people, help me out here. I have breakout prone skin and like a heavy coverage foundation. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear right now and really like it. While it doesn't look cakey, I find that my face looks flat afterwards. What should I do to fake a luminous face with a heavy coverage foundation?

Alright people, help me out here. I have breakout prone skin and like a heavy coverage foundation. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear right now and really like it. While it doesn't look cakey, I find that my face looks flat afterwards. What should I do to fake a luminous face with a heavy coverage foundation?

Clinique Redness Relief foundation. Your face can be blotchy, all kinds of red, broken out, and it will look even and smooth. From a 40 year old woman that has even taken Accutane and dealt with breakouts my whole life, except for the past year, have you tried eliminating nuts, all nuts from your diet? I even took Accutane!!!! Who would have thought it was nuts and no doc would have suggested I give that a whirl in 20 some odd years . May not be nuts for you, but if it helps one person, not sorry I posted.

I don't think it's cakey either.

Oh, Luminous? Watts Up by Benefit. You just streak it a couple of places and you're luminous on top of the foundation.

Clinique Redness Relief foundation. Your face can be blotchy, all kinds of red, broken out, and it will look even and smooth. From a 40 year old woman that has even taken Accutane and dealt with breakouts my whole life, except for the past year, have you tried eliminating nuts, all nuts from your diet? I even took Accutane!!!! Who would have thought it was nuts and no doc would have suggested I give that a whirl in 20 some odd years . May not be nuts for you, but if it helps one person, not sorry I posted.

I don't think it's cakey either.

Oh, Luminous? Watts Up by Benefit. You just streak it a couple of places and you're luminous on top of the foundation.
As I'm eating almonds...

I haven't tried that, and I've done basically everything except Accutane. Maybe I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. My face really isn't that bad thanks to birth control. 95% of the time I have 1 or 2 pimples, but I do have a bunch of dark pigmentation spots from prior breakouts. Does it cover those too?

As I'm eating almonds...

I haven't tried that, and I've done basically everything except Accutane. Maybe I'll give it a whirl and see what happens. My face really isn't that bad thanks to birth control. 95% of the time I have 1 or 2 pimples, but I do have a bunch of dark pigmentation spots from prior breakouts. Does it cover those too?

Also there has to be some kind of nut seed oil in all granola bars, even with no nuts. I break out if I eat those, too. I always had CP's comp bag and my gym bag packed with nut bars, protein bars, granola bars and that was our go-to quick hungry fix and my face was always a wreck. Now we're just hungry but my face is clear and I don't have any special lotions, face wash, can fall asleep with my makeup on, and still not break out!!

If anyone want to make some european/usa make up trade PM me. I'd love to try some new make up :)

Whats everyone's suggestions for foundation for ridiculously dry skin? I used to use one by No7 but they discontinued the line, then I bought it off eBay but I haven't seen it in a while. I've tried lots of other ones but they tend to highlight dry patches even when I've exfoliated, cleansed and heavily moisturised :/

Oh and a rec from me for brushes - Ecotools, the best brushes I've ever used :)

I really want to try the Hoola bronzer by Benefit, I hear people that swear by it!

You won't look back!!!!

Foundation - MAC Studio Fix. Estee Lauder Doublewear is great too.
Mascara - drugstore I use False Lash Effect by Maxfactor and have for years (I'm not sure if that brand is available in the US?).. however I also LOVE Hypnose by Lancome.
Eyeshadow - Naked 1, always, though I have a MAC Palette that I can buy individual magnetic shades to add to it.
Eyeliner - MAC Penultimate eyeliner pen, is really easy to apply.
Lips - MAC Ruby Woo for that bright red lip or MAC Pink Nouveau for a pink shade.
Bronzer - Hoola by Benefit, I've used it for years now. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are good for a bronzer/eyeshadow sorta palette too.
Blush - NARS Orgasm, Bobbi Brown blushes are lovely too.
Brows - Browzings by Benefit, takes a bit of getting used to but my brows have never looked better!

You won't look back!!!!

Foundation - MAC Studio Fix. Estee Lauder Doublewear is great too.
Mascara - drugstore I use False Lash Effect by Maxfactor and have for years (I'm not sure if that brand is available in the US?).. however I also LOVE Hypnose by Lancome.
Eyeshadow - Naked 1, always, though I have a MAC Palette that I can buy individual magnetic shades to add to it.
Eyeliner - MAC Penultimate eyeliner pen, is really easy to apply.
Lips - MAC Ruby Woo for that bright red lip or MAC Pink Nouveau for a pink shade.
Bronzer - Hoola by Benefit, I've used it for years now. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are good for a bronzer/eyeshadow sorta palette too.
Blush - NARS Orgasm, Bobbi Brown blushes are lovely too.
Brows - Browzings by Benefit, takes a bit of getting used to but my brows have never looked better!
I just have to say I found myself feeling so weird reading this whole thing while looking at your picture. Also I will take your makeup collection please and thank you ;)

Also... this thread needs to end. Now. I have 14 makeup-related tabs open in chrome right now.. most of them are stores with things in my cart. I blame @U.E. Cheer.

If anyone was wanting to try Benefit's hoola there's a small size in this value set that's on clearance in their store right now! cabana glama > Benefit Cosmetics .... half off!

Also... this thread needs to end. Now. I have 14 makeup-related tabs open in chrome right now.. most of them are stores with things in my cart. I blame @U.E. Cheer.

If anyone was wanting to try Benefit's hoola there's a small size in this value set that's on clearance in their store right now! cabana glama > Benefit Cosmetics .... half off!
Lol I just need a place to share my makeup obsession! No lie, I have a page long list of makeup things I want to pick up from Ulta, and its dangerous....

Smash box primer and foundation are the best I have ever used. Good coverage, but doesn't feel like a liquid on the skin. I have always used powder foundations in the past because I cannot stand the heavy, greasy feel of a liquid this is different. I use a foundation brush to apply and it feels just a light as Bare Minerals but the coverage is so much better. It takes me about half the time to apply because I don't gave to work so hard to get coverage. I have very fair skin with some redness and really had to work with Bate Minerals to get good coverage. Used lots of the bisque concealer. I don't need concealer under the Smashbox at all.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I second the previous post about good foundation for dry skin- anyone got any recommendations? I always have to mix foundation with moisturiser before putting it on otherwise it starts to go flaky really quickly. Also any good cleansers for really sensitive skin? I've tried a few especially for sensitive skin and they make my eyes and face really sting afterwards.

I really like benefit bad gal mascara but like some other people have posted "they're real!" doesn't do it for me- too spidery. Also the Maybelline new-ish mousse one (can't remember the name- blue tube!) I really like but is a pain to take off.
Again with benefit I really like girl meets pearl as a highlighter.
Haven't found anything I'm massively enthusiastic for on my lips, I use a gosh lipstick if I want really red lips, but I find I have to put Vaseline on first and reapply pretty regularly.

Can't wait to try out some of the products in this thread once I can justify spending money on make up again :p

Back