OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Not really "high end" but if you have chapped lips the rose salve from bath and body is great. (here) I'm on accutane so my lips are always super dry, and this is like the only thing that helps. It's magical, and it smells good!

SOS!!! - I still think the tarte amazonian clay foundation is the world's greatest creation... but in the last few months my skin has been a disaster. but, i went on and off BC, moved to another state and have severe allergies thanks to the indecisive weather. i have like lumps all in my hairline that are red and extremely painful. they're almost like pimples under the skin, but they aren't pimples... like they're hard, nothing is in there. more like blisters. while that sounds weird, it's totally normal for me to get during sinus infections or when my allergies are bad, so i thought nothing of it. yesterday, a lump also appeared on my cheek, so they were no longer contained to my hairline, which is a problem and my cheeks are just like red rashy, lately. i've slowly been putting all of these facts together and then this morning, I put on my foundation and my skin has never stung so bad in my life... do you think this is an allergic reaction to the foundation? and if it is, SOS because i am so in love with this product and color and don't want to get anything else.

if it is an allergic reaction, what do ya'll recommend? tarte works for me because it's "too yellow" for most people, making it perfect for me. most brands don't do yellow right and i just look jaundice, or it's too orangey. and i don't live near sephora (or ANYTHING, for that matter) so i can't exactly go test everything out.

worst. day. ever.

SOS!!! - I still think the tarte amazonian clay foundation is the world's greatest creation... but in the last few months my skin has been a disaster. but, i went on and off BC, moved to another state and have severe allergies thanks to the indecisive weather. i have like lumps all in my hairline that are red and extremely painful. they're almost like pimples under the skin, but they aren't pimples... like they're hard, nothing is in there. more like blisters. while that sounds weird, it's totally normal for me to get during sinus infections or when my allergies are bad, so i thought nothing of it. yesterday, a lump also appeared on my cheek, so they were no longer contained to my hairline, which is a problem and my cheeks are just like red rashy, lately. i've slowly been putting all of these facts together and then this morning, I put on my foundation and my skin has never stung so bad in my life... do you think this is an allergic reaction to the foundation? and if it is, SOS because i am so in love with this product and color and don't want to get anything else.

if it is an allergic reaction, what do ya'll recommend? tarte works for me because it's "too yellow" for most people, making it perfect for me. most brands don't do yellow right and i just look jaundice, or it's too orangey. and i don't live near sephora (or ANYTHING, for that matter) so i can't exactly go test everything out.

worst. day. ever.

I think mac are yellow-y.. I have olive skin and it works well for me

SOS - I'm looking to buy a high end foundation as I'm using drugstore ones from Boots and they don't last the whole day...
I'm quite pale and wouldn't mind something with good coverage. Only issue is it has to be from Boots so I can use my advantage card (I'm poor)...I know they have Smashbox, Benefit, bareMinerals, Clinique, Estée Lauder etc but I'm very stuck. I was considering Liquid Halo but I don't know if they go that pale.
This is very rambly and I apologise...

SOS - I'm looking to buy a high end foundation as I'm using drugstore ones from Boots and they don't last the whole day...
I'm quite pale and wouldn't mind something with good coverage. Only issue is it has to be from Boots so I can use my advantage card (I'm poor)...I know they have Smashbox, Benefit, bareMinerals, Clinique, Estée Lauder etc but I'm very stuck. I was considering Liquid Halo but I don't know if they go that pale.
I'm very pale and need a heavy coverage foundation. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear but idk if that is available near you.

I'm very pale and need a heavy coverage foundation. I use Estee Lauder Doublewear but idk if that is available near you.

This was the one I was going to recommend too, especially out of the brands she listed. I love the Doublewear.

@RS_Amie Not sure if these are available at the store (? I guess it's a store - I've never heard of Boots) but I also love Bobbi Brown stick foundation and their compact foundation. And I love love love Laura Mercier oil free liquid foundation. I'm not always in a position to spend over $40 on foundation, but when I can these are my "go to" ones.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

This was the one I was going to recommend too, especially out of the brands she listed. I love the Doublewear.

@RS_Amie Not sure if these are available at the store (? I guess it's a store - I've never heard of Boots) but I also love Bobbi Brown stick foundation and their compact foundation. And I love love love Laura Mercier oil free liquid foundation. I'm not always in a position to spend over $40 on foundation, but when I can these are my "go to" ones.

Yeah Boots is like CVS. They don't do Bobbi Brown but I'm definitely considering saving up actual money for when I got to Florida in April and hit up Sephora.

I think I will check out the Estee Lauder Doublewear.

Yeah Boots is like CVS. They don't do Bobbi Brown but I'm definitely considering saving up actual money for when I got to Florida in April and hit up Sephora.

I think I will check out the Estee Lauder Doublewear.
Estee Lauder is available at department stores. You can get it at Harrods. You are British, right?

I've heard nothing but good things about Benefit's foundation (I want to say Oxygen Wow?), I'm using CK foundation (from Debenhams) and while I do like it a lot, I'm thinking of switching to Benefit! I'm using Benefit Hello Flawless powder and I love it.

Anyone have any tips as to start building a makeup collection? how to store it? what all to splurge/skip on??
Only buy makeup you can see yourself using. Don't discredit all drugstore makeup & remember that makeup doesn't keep forever. I use acrylic storage drawers. They're see through. When I had my makeup in regular drawers I kept forgetting I had certain things. Also, be very careful when storing your brushes in beads (like in sephora, how they stand up in the containers). The beads can scratch the ends of your brushes. For this reason, never substitute the beads for sand.

The makeup ladies at John Lewis SAVED MY LIFE when I was across the pond for a wedding and TSA took all of my makeup because they must have thought it was a bomb (along with my nylons). You can try there I think they had Estee Lauder and a few other brands. You can go from counter to counter until you find the proper shade and if you're really nice they will apply some for you :), then you can see if they have it at Boots. I think of JL as a showroom for what I would buy elsewhere.

Back