OT High End Makeup Must-haves

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Here is where I get confused...brushes. I need to watch some Youtube people to figure out which ones to get.

Can anyone suggest Youtubers to watch? I found one that appears to work at Ulta (Shelbey Ashburn) that I really like.
I would start with Lisa Eldridge. She is a professional makeup artist who regularly does work for fashion mags like Vogue and is pretty much the go-to makeup artist for all the big British actresses (think Kate Winslet). She obviously knows what she's talking about, and doesn't get paid to mention certain products. Product placement/ads have become so huge in the beauty YouTube world that I find it hard to know who to trust, so I mostly stick with trained MUAs over girls who turned a hobby into a career.

I'm in serious need of a GOOD hair dryer. I have fine hair but it's pretty long and takes forever to dry. I hate blow drying because of how long it takes. I need something that dries it fast and is pretty powerful!

I'm in serious need of a GOOD hair dryer. I have fine hair but it's pretty long and takes forever to dry. I hate blow drying because of how long it takes. I need something that dries it fast and is pretty powerful!
I have a hot tools one and it dries my hair pretty quickly, which generally stays wet for a long time (like still damp when I wake up if I shower before bed). I don't know the model but it's matte purple.
ETA: it was $30 on Black Friday. You should test them at ulta and pick one and then try to wait for a sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I have a Sedu one and it's amazing. on the pricier end, but i got it from folica.com and they always have really good coupons.

Anyone try the Nars Illuminator? I swatched it when I was in Saks today and thought it was beautiful. Is it worth the price?

Anyone try the Nars Illuminator? I swatched it when I was in Saks today and thought it was beautiful. Is it worth the price?

I haven't purchased this yet as I still am using a sample sized one I got in the Sephora Nars VIB pack. I love it, but it's not something I wear everyday (illuminator in general, not just the Nars). It's on my wish list to eventually buy, but I want to try the multiple stick first as I like the wider variety of colors available with that product. I think it's worth the price if you wear illumination everyday. Personally, I don't which is why it's on my "to eventually buy list." In the meantime, I will continue using my sample sizes until I am forced to buy it.

Depends on your budget. I just got a Hot Tools one that is awesome, for about $65 (it's called Brilliant Blue I think). If you want to spend $200, they have some at ulta that will be perfect. [emoji15]

Go to ulta and try them. They have them set up so you can actually turn them all on. We messed with them for about 15 minutes before we picked it, but it had the most power for the least noise and least money.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good but not too pricey liquid foundation brush? I'm still using the same one I've had from my theater days back in middle/elementary school, so I think it's time for an upgrade (I'm a high school senior now, it's been way too long). I stopped in sephora today (and definitely did some damage on my bank account...oops...) and I'm in love with their brushes, but can't justify spending $30+ on a single brush.
ETA: I'm allergic to pretty much any brush that isn't synthetic.

Not only are the IT brushes amazing, so is their makeup! The Bye-Bye Undereye will cover even the darkest circles and wrinkles and the No. 50 serum (primer) is great for those of us with mature skin (smooths and fills all those lovely wrinkles that our children give us).

I just got the ceramic one from Babyliss and I really like it. It takes about 5 minutes to totally dry my hair. It sounds like we have similar hair.

It depends on the foundation you're using, but I'm in love with my beauty blender. Some people say it only works on liquidy foundation, but the two that I am using now are thicker. One is even a whipped foundation.
Call me cheap but I use e.l.f. brushes from target. I've found them to be right up there in quality with the expensive ones.
I use the Neutrogena micro clear foundation. I tried a knock-off beauty blender a little while back but didn't like it. Maybe because it wasn't the real one. Do you know if there's really a different between the brand name and the generic ones?
I have an e.l.f. blush brush that I love. I'll have to check out their foundation one!

I use the Neutrogena micro clear foundation. I tried a knock-off beauty blender a little while back but didn't like it. Maybe because it wasn't the real one. Do you know if there's really a different between the brand name and the generic ones?
I have an e.l.f. blush brush that I love. I'll have to check out their foundation one!
Real techniques sponge is almost exactly the same but I like the shape of the RT one better than the original beautyblender

Who makes the "real" beauty blender? I searched ulta forever and gave up and got a knock off. Haven't used it yet though.

Back