All-Star High School Cheer A Sport In The State Of Kentucky?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheerleading is considered a sport in Illinois and it has been for 7 years now but back in 2007 and 2008 Carl Sandburg went to NCA Nationals and won, one of the 2 years. So im really not completely sure if it allowed or they somehow got around it.

Cheerleading in Illinois is a sanctioned IHSA sport. However, at some high schools (my kids) it is considered a competition activitity not a sport. They compete in a state series and everything but the school classifies them as an activity. I think it has to do with financial support (or lack of support) for cheer and insurance. I really don't know how they are able to do that but that is how high schools can compete out of state.

I was told yesterday by an extremely reliable source that as of right now the KY teams still have no restrictions. He said any future restrictions are highly unlikely given the success that majority of the teams have had on a national level. So is anything possible?? Yes! But I don't think we will have to imagine UCA or NCA high school nationals without Kentucky teams anytime soon. and the cheer angels in Heaven rejoice haha!

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=30.336619,-90.989717

I hated every second of the MHSAA video.. Sorry, not for me.
Well I didn't hate EVERY second, I didn't get to the 2nd half of the video...I couldn't take it anymore.

I understand that sounds harsh and I don't want to diminish the amazing work they have done. They are very strong in motions category, but the entertainment value was non existent for me.

Back