High School High School Competition Teams

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I do not think Maine has limits on how many comps a team can go to, but competitions are ONLY in the winter season, which begins around thanksgiving-ish. Various high schools host invitationals, and there's a Shriner competition that raises money for the Shriner's Children's Hospitals. There are no cheerleading company competitions in state, and I have never heard of a team going to them out of state so I doubt they are allowed. Each team competes in their conference championship (for my high school, it was the Southern Maine Activities Association) and then about a week later everyone goes to regionals (east/west). The top eight (I think) teams from each region continues on to states. The top three teams from each class at states goes on to New Englands. Nobody goes to nationals. The Maine Principal's Association recognizes winter cheerleading as a sport, but not fall cheerleading.
we went to the Shriner comp last year. I didn't like it at all. The girls there were so rude to us.. and we're a school from the East so it was different :p

we went to the Shriner comp last year. I didn't like it at all. The girls there were so rude to us.. and we're a school from the East so it was different :p
Really? What team was mean?

gofriars610 Leavitt was terrible to us. During our performance they were laughing at one of our guys. He's a crazy tumbler and an amazing coed stunter but he def does not have the dance aspect :p anyway, they were laughing at him and we could hear it the whole time. But there was another team that was making snotty remarks about our t-shirts but I didn't catch who they were. Mountain Valley I think it was (blue mystique uni's) was very very nice however. That made the experience better.

gofriars610 Leavitt was terrible to us. During our performance they were laughing at one of our guys. He's a crazy tumbler and an amazing coed stunter but he def does not have the dance aspect :p anyway, they were laughing at him and we could hear it the whole time. But there was another team that was making snotty remarks about our t-shirts but I didn't catch who they were. Mountain Valley I think it was (blue mystique uni's) was very very nice however. That made the experience better.

I did Lobster Bowl with a few girls from Mountain Valley. Very sweet girls. (I was just making sure my old high school wasn't being snotty)

michigan high school cheer is very strange. It's split up into 3 rounds and theres no music which prevents then from going to Nationals. Varsity is allowed up to 10 competitions per season I think.
The max is 16 competitions if you include the CCCAM competition that is exibition.

The Hs I coach and pretty much state of CA doesnt have any limitations on companies or number you can compete. My teams usually compete 6-10 regionals in our area and then our varisty is allowed to go to nationals. This year we are doing jamz in vegas and our usual a USA in anaheim. Our school considers cheer a sport and says that JV is not allowed to go to nationals as no other sports team gets playoffs. Which I think is fair something to look forward to on varsity.
I also coach in Cali - formally MA - so where can I get the division guidelines for Intermediate?

I'm in NY, and both JV and Varsity teams compete an average of 7-10 competitions per season, including UCA nationals

Back