All-Star Highlight Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a video of Platinium?

Not yet. We normally dont release videos until January. I am trying to sweet talk the owner as we speak to let me post it. Or AT LEAST post our old highlight stunt since its no longer being used

YES! Exactly! I guess i'm just a sucker for squad skills.

I totally agree, no one stunt group can impress me. Of course most high light stunts are extremely difficult, and they should be with all the best people in one group. I'm sure most teams could stack a bunch of talent in one group and do something insane, but what's the point?

Plus when that high light group misses in competition you wind up looking extra silly.

I totally agree, no one stunt group can impress me. Of course most high light stunts are extremely difficult, and they should be with all the best people in one group. I'm sure most teams could stack a bunch of talent in one group and do something insane, but what's the point?

Plus when that high light group misses in competition you wind up looking extra silly.

I think most of these teams are already doing very diffcult full squad skills the highlights stunts just add to it...You do risk it not hitting but when it does its Amazing(CEA)!!!

Yes, I totally agree with you! If our group for some reason ever dropped, I would feel silly. But thats why its a highlight stunt - I have faith in my kids! However, We are a small, newer gym in Saint Louis. If we went off tumbling alone, we would only have 15 kids on our team. We instead, choose to accept flyers with extremely talented flying skills that lack tumbling, and bases that also lack tumbling but prove themselves by stunting. Its only fair that last passes get to show off and maybe be highlighted tumbling, why not let people that excel in stunting do just that?

its about overall effect. if that is how you want to be remembered then great.
if you wanna be remembered by the extra shimmies and hair flips etc then so be it
none contribute to any section besides choreography/overall impression.

Yes, I totally agree with you! If our group for some reason ever dropped, I would feel silly. But thats why its a highlight stunt - I have faith in my kids! However, We are a small, newer gym in Saint Louis. If we went off tumbling alone, we would only have 15 kids on our team. We instead, choose to accept flyers with extremely talented flying skills that lack tumbling, and bases that also lack tumbling but prove themselves by stunting. Its only fair that last passes get to show off and maybe be highlighted tumbling, why not let people that excel in stunting do just that?

I can see how this could be justified for your team. When I see one high lighted super difficult stunt, surrounded by straight up stunts, you lose me. Jmo. Maybe if it was while everyone not involved in the stunt was doing something else, but a whole sequence for one stunt doesn't make sense, but that's just me.

Obviously most of the teams do this in addition to their stunt sequence, I'm just not a fan.

If it hits, you can win but against the highest level competition, if it falls, you lose almost guaranteed. Last year was last year, it worked, now everybody is demanding more. Nature of the beast.

I saw a level 4 team do maddie garner's highlight stunt this past weekend at grand. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was Cali coed 4. Don't know which one.

I can see how this could be justified for your team. When I see one high lighted super difficult stunt, surrounded by straight up stunts, you lose me. Jmo. Maybe if it was while everyone not involved in the stunt was doing something else, but a whole sequence for one stunt doesn't make sense, but that's just me.

Obviously most of the teams do this in addition to their stunt sequence, I'm just not a fan.

I completely agree. It was a decision my gym struggled with. For the most part, our stunt groups SHOULD be doing an elite entry that meets up with our highlight (Semi-Similar to CEA). We lucked out and have fairly EVEN stunt groups (good bases with weaker flyer, or good flyer with weaker bases, etc.) Despite being Small Limited, Our highlight stunt is done with all females underneath. Our other groups working the highlight stunt do have boy backspots. Scoresheet wise, Im looking at it that you only need majority - However, if its not choreographed right, have three elite stunts with two straight ups would look silly. I agree that a highlight stunts could be boring, with striaght ups around it, but CEA chose to Highlight one stunt. Like Rich kind of touched on - To each gym their own. CEA chose to be remembered by that stunt. The fact that they already did a great 8-stunt group elite stunt - The second stunt doesnt really matter persay,it was there for show. As of now - We only have one stunt section and have a highlight stunt going with it. We'll see how it scores and pays off - If it doesnt pay off - Would would probably have to redo our routine a little bit and incorporate another stunt section that will be just for show!

Back