All-Star Highlight Stunts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw a level 4 team do maddie garner's highlight stunt this past weekend at grand. Correct me if I'm wrong, I think it was Cali coed 4. Don't know which one.

I would love to see a video! Im not taking away anything from CEA - As the stunt IS difficult, but if you have a flyer who can keep her chest up and has great control, along with bases who listen to technique and commit to a stunt staying up - Anything is possible! Also - CEA's Highlight stunt is towards the end. Im sure its comparable to tumblers. Tumblers cant always throw their hardest pass mid routine as they can in the opening! Could you imagine what CEA could do if they opened up with stunting!?

I would love to see a video! Im not taking away anything from CEA - As the stunt IS difficult, but if you have a flyer who can keep her chest up and has great control, along with bases who listen to technique and commit to a stunt staying up - Anything is possible! Also - CEA's Highlight stunt is towards the end. Im sure its comparable to tumblers. Tumblers cant always throw their hardest pass mid routine as they can in the opening! Could you imagine what CEA could do if they opened up with stunting!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMCtZNAxafI

TG Semi has something similar to a highlight stunt at the end of their routine, although I don't know if it would qualify. At the end of their pyramid sequence one of the girls doubles up straight into a bow.

I have a question on how this should be scored. It has been said on the boards that one of the reasons that no all-girl team has used a standing double full is that there is no net gain to using it, if there is only one or two girls doing it. Could the same argument be made for a single Highlight Stunt? That if a majority of the team is not doing it where is the net gain other than perhaps appearance?

I have a question on how this should be scored. It has been said on the boards that one of the reasons that no all-girl team has used a standing double full is that there is no net gain to using it, if there is only one or two girls doing it. Could the same argument be made for a single Highlight Stunt? That if a majority of the team is not doing it where is the net gain other than perhaps appearance?

Overall Impression.

Id love to see a female standing double competed. From What I have heard, WC and F5 both have one. I think its choreograohy correctly - It could def help in overall impression!

Yeah, I agree with that. There isn't really a benefit to using a highlight stunt unless there is majority except that it looks really cool. You may get extra points if it's executed very well or for choreography or something though?

i had the opportunity to watch platinums highlight stunt and it is amazing!! i can't wait till everyone gets the chance to see it you'll be amazed!

I wouldn't say that's exactly the same stunt. How low you catch the ball up stretch can really change the difficulty of the skill.
Cali's comes down to about the same level as it was thrown, where cea catches at more of a prep level. Catching at prep level you need bases skilled enough to catch and slow the foot sooner and a flier that's not going to fall over in the opposite stretch.

I wouldn't say that's exactly the same stunt. How low you catch the ball up stretch can really change the difficulty of the skill.
Cali's comes down to about the same level as it was thrown, where cea catches at more of a prep level. Catching at prep level you need bases skilled enough to catch and slow the foot sooner and a flier that's not going to fall over in the opposite stretch.

cea bent their knees and absorbed a lot which gives the same stabilizing effect, plus that flier is small enough where they could probably do it if they wanted to

Overall Impression.

Id love to see a female standing double competed. From What I have heard, WC and F5 both have one. I think its choreograohy correctly - It could def help in overall impression!

I will agree with the overall impression angle. I think in this day and age we are nearing a time where teams are so close in scores, having those little "sprinkles" on the ice cream will help in the end. Highlight stunt, single standing double, crazy standing pass or running pass....these things all add a little wow factor, and may ultimately help the scoresheet if it comes down to deciding between 2 teams in the overall impression category. I am all for it!

cea bent their knees and absorbed a lot which gives the same stabilizing effect, plus that flier is small enough where they could probably do it if they wanted to
The difficulty is definitely different, the Cali back was hugging the leg. If they wanted to maybe... But they didn't.

So, this is a good example of the same great stunt done by different flyers. One on hand, you have Maddie, an experienced and SR aged looking flyer. On Cali, you have an experienced but smaller flyer (possibly young, but tbd)

Though BOTH girls do a great job........which scores better? Do the judges care about technique, or just the difficulty? Would the judges ever catch what the bases are doing, or do they just see the end result?

So, this is a good example of the same great stunt done by different flyers. One on hand, you have Maddie, an experienced and SR aged looking flyer. On Cali, you have an experienced but smaller flyer (possibly young, but tbd)

Though BOTH girls do a great job........which scores better? Do the judges care about technique, or just the difficulty? Would the judges ever catch what the bases are doing, or do they just see the end result?
also, would they give it the same high score that they would have given to cea last yr? since the stunt has been done, its no longer 'special' and unique. so would they score it the same?

I got the okay to post the video of our watered down highlight stunt. Its a video from the gym when they hit it for the first time fairly consistant, not from the comp. when we competed it! I should have it up shortly!

Back