All-Star Holy Hair!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I have to ask...does anyone ASK their coaches before buying these ridiculously large ponytails? I can just imagine the fallout if you spend all that money only to have the coach tell you to take it off and burn it.
Back in the day my oldest wore "cheer curls" for a season and when it was over we went to a curled pony. I asked it we could keep using the cheer curls so I wouldn't have to kill her hair and was basically told it would be removed plus they would charge me a fee for the inconvenience of having to redo her hair. The owner was so against using a hairpiece he threatened to kick any athlete out that caused a deduction by it falling out. I don't know of one person that tried to "sneak" it by him.
When we moved to Texas and ended up at CA on Mini 1, we did tiny curls in a high pony. I asked it I could use a hairpiece and was told "oh dear God NO!" I spend the whole season straightening and then rolling my kid's hair.

Just try to get Remy if possible. It's the most dependable. The people at the hair store will help you match it. And be careful about the length. No matter how long your kid's natural hair is when you pull it in a ponytail, if you get it much longer than 16 inches, you're risking it being too long/heavy and possibly interfering with tumbling and stuff. My daughter's is 14" and it's just past her shoulders. It's perfect.

The coupon code for Pinups is ALEX10 if you want to save a little green :)

I like the idea of a teased pony hairpiece (because I think teasing is so bad for a kids hair), but they look so over the top fake to me when I see them in person. Like there is no way naturally teased hair would rise 8 inches above your head. I wish there was a smaller alternative. We don't need Texas sized hair in California :cool:

I have to ask...does anyone ASK their coaches before buying these ridiculously large ponytails? I can just imagine the fallout if you spend all that money only to have the coach tell you to take it off and burn it.
Back in the day my oldest wore "cheer curls" for a season and when it was over we went to a curled pony. I asked it we could keep using the cheer curls so I wouldn't have to kill her hair and was basically told it would be removed plus they would charge me a fee for the inconvenience of having to redo her hair. The owner was so against using a hairpiece he threatened to kick any athlete out that caused a deduction by it falling out. I don't know of one person that tried to "sneak" it by him.
When we moved to Texas and ended up at CA on Mini 1, we did tiny curls in a high pony. I asked it I could use a hairpiece and was told "oh dear God NO!" I spend the whole season straightening and then rolling my kid's hair.

They're not all 'ridiculously large', it's all about how much you tease them. This is the reason that I prefer Pinups, the tease is more tastefully done than some of the others.

I like the idea of a teased pony hairpiece (because I think teasing is so bad for a kids hair), but they look so over the top fake to me when I see them in person. Like there is no way naturally teased hair would rise 8 inches above your head. I wish there was a smaller alternative. We don't need Texas sized hair in California :cool:

Just ask Jasmine at Pinups to make it as natural looking as possible. She won't jack it to Jesus unless you ask her to. :)

Edit: I helped put one in for a friend's daughter at Summit and it was much smaller than the ones I've seen in the past. Not just in height, but in overall hair volume. Her piece looked 100% natural and it was fabulous. I'm not sure what was done differently about it, but if you're interested, PM me and I'll give you the mom/athlete first name to reference if you were to order.

Maybe I'm old or (too new still?) but we've never had to buy fake hair of any type (lashes included) in 10 seasons. My daughter just has average hair. Nothing special. Nothing super thin.

This was spotted at summit last Friday.
5d05715004e796a3afc834b42bbbbd52.jpg

What's the craziest hairstyle you saw over the past two weeks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For a second I thought the umbrella was a weird kind of bow...

Maybe I'm old or (too new still?) but we've never had to buy fake hair of any type (lashes included) in 10 seasons. My daughter just has average hair. Nothing special. Nothing super thin.
12 seasons ago, former cp wore those dang cheer curls. Then a piece that was a "flip" pony. I think after the 3rd season, no more hair pieces.

I really, really, really love my cp's pin up pony, at least once I got the hang of sewing it in. It.is.so.much.quicker. Since our coaches wanted high, teased, curled ponies this year...it was perfect. About 1/2 our team had pin ups, and 1/2 didn't. To me, I couldn't tell much of a difference b/w the hair of the girls whose moms were really good at teasing and the girls with the pin ups. I COULD tell a difference b/w the hair of of moms who weren't good at hair & the pin ups. I am not good at hair. The pin up was totally worth the $200. I am "re-freshing" it this summer, and it will be ready to go for comp season. :)

These are SO different from synthetic cheer curls. They are real hair. I can tease it, wash it, curl or straighten it, and use whatever hairspray I want. You can't do any of that with synthetic.

CP's isn't huge and doesn't look unnatural. It looks like her hair. If you don't know my CP and know her hair isn't that long you wouldn't know it was a hairpiece. In fact one coach at they gym who doesn't regularly coach CP made a comment to the effect of "man, her hair has gotten long since I have seen her". Our gym is going to actively encourage them this year, and I talked to the allstar director at length before getting it. It's the look that seems to be getting the most positive attention lately and we are sticking with it for the time being at least. I cannot see it coming out on the mat. It is to well secured. Every bit of her hair would have to come down with it, and i don't see that happening.

LOTS of big names in the cheer world use these. There are whole teams at Cheer Athletics that have ordered form where I got CP's. Those girl on Worlds teams on ESPN with the perfect teased hair, most of them are wearing hairpieces. It has made a WORLD of difference in our get ready routine. It is so much easier and so much better for her hair. It is well worth the money we spent not to have to work on hair for an hour every comp.

I really, really, really love my cp's pin up pony, at least once I got the hang of sewing it in. It.is.so.much.quicker. Since our coaches wanted high, teased, curled ponies this year...it was perfect. About 1/2 our team had pin ups, and 1/2 didn't. To me, I couldn't tell much of a difference b/w the hair of the girls whose moms were really good at teasing and the girls with the pin ups. I COULD tell a difference b/w the hair of of moms who weren't good at hair & the pin ups. I am not good at hair. The pin up was totally worth the $200. I am "re-freshing" it this summer, and it will be ready to go for comp season. :)
ITA with this. Other than being longer, CP's hair doesn't look much different with the pinups than without, but I spend an hour less getting her ready. Our gym is going to be stricter with hair and makeup standards this year, so some of the moms are going to have to do something different. So many girls have such long hair these days. CP's is bra strap level down, and I cannot imagine trying to do anything longer and get it to look decent.

I wore the cheer curls back in my competitive dance days (that you had to sew in) and it was like, $35. How in the world are you people paying hundreds of dollars?!
Those were synthetic hair. I had one, in fact more than one. They get ratty quickly, especially if you have to try to style them at all, and you cannot wash them and re set. These are natural hair that can be used and styled over and over. Honestly, these are cheaper than buying a good set of extensions and having them put in. There are people out there that spend $500+ on extensions and on one bats an eye.

We love our pinups pony. My baby did level 5 tumbling and stunting and had no problems. She also wore it to summit in the heat and humidity and it held up great all weekend. I bought Remy human hair and sent it to pinups ponies cheer hair. She created the pony and teased it. I did wash it brush it out and release it once very carefully but it really wasn't necessary. I just wanted it to be perfect for summit. Anyway it saved us a bunch of time and saved my baby's hair. it is very easy to put in. I taught the team mom in five minutes and she got my baby ready both days at summit. It is well worth the price and is cheaper than another pony place. I also have a discount that's good all year if you want it. Its SARAH10. To be used at pinupsponieswithatease.com

Back