All-Star Holy Hair!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone have like a picture comparison btw the posh pony/pinup/natural hair?
PhotoGrid_1463434523127.jpg

My kid is wearing a pinup. The posh in this pic is a lot longer than my kid's and curled (but u can curl a pinup too). Longer was too much hair for my kid IMO but they don't seem different to me.

Last edited:
I feel like the posh ponies are a bigger tease, like wider. I think the pin up ponies have a more "natural" (if there is such a thing) tease to them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

I feel like the posh ponies are a bigger tease, like wider. I think the pin up ponies have a more "natural" (if there is such a thing) tease to them.

Lol "tease" and "natural" in the same description :)

I understand what you're saying, but remember, the owner (or owner's mother) can control the amount of teasing for a posh and I am assuming for a pin up, as well. I didn't like the tease that my CP's posh came with, so I brushed it out and started over. When you see a girl wearing one, keep in mind that it may have not come out of the box like that, and don't automatically hate the company that made it.

As for natural hair, unless you put a lot of time, energy and product in the hair, it will never hold a tease like a hairpiece does. There are exceptions, but for most people's hair, the sweat, rain, humidity, etc usually makes the tease fall. My CP's posh looks great all day long, and the funny part is, most people don't realize that she wears one! [emoji4]

They aren't for everyone, but the time we save (and the sleep we gain) is worth every single penny!

For people who have bought Pinups, did you supply her with hair you bought locally? Can someone tell me a good brand to use for the hair? I went and looked last year and felt completely overwhelmed and the hair we bought did not tease well at all (and we were reassured it was 100 percent human- someone told me it prob had silicone on it cause it was so shiny?). I made a hairpiece for my daughter following YouTube directions and it worked well but was a bit of work to get on and sewn on securely. I'm thinking of getting her a Pinup for this season....
I purchased the hair online. It was reasonably priced and I had it shipped directly to pinup. We love the pin up. So easy to put in...and we have friends who have posh and wish theirs was as easy to put in as pin ups.

I understand what you're saying, but remember, the owner (or owner's mother) can control the amount of teasing for a posh and I am assuming for a pin up, as well. I didn't like the tease that my CP's posh came with, so I brushed it out and started over. When you see a girl wearing one, keep in mind that it may have not come out of the box like that, and don't automatically hate the company that made it.

As for natural hair, unless you put a lot of time, energy and product in the hair, it will never hold a tease like a hairpiece does. There are exceptions, but for most people's hair, the sweat, rain, humidity, etc usually makes the tease fall. My CP's posh looks great all day long, and the funny part is, most people don't realize that she wears one! [emoji4]

They aren't for everyone, but the time we save (and the sleep we gain) is worth every single penny!
Oh yes, for sure it does depend on the owner. Totally get that! I definitely don't dislike posh, I think there is room for both companies out there. I do think they have slightly different looks though from the photos I have seen is all I meant.

We made it very clear that our athlete's hair and make-up needs to look like the video we send out. We are very clear in the video that minimal teasing is okay. Unfortunately some people don't understand what that means and it requires a conversation. Luckily, we only had one athlete purchase a posh pony. Others have checked with us and we said feel free to buy one but just know that it needs to be combed out and re-teased to match our look. We also let them know that they can buy their own extensions for like a tenth of the price at a beauty supply store.
You cannot get good quality, real hair extensions for a kid with medium brown to medium blonde hair for $20-30. They just don't exist, believe me I spent hours and hours looking. If you don't have black, very dark brown, or bleach blonde hair the beauty supply stores pretty much cannot help you. You are left with Sally's or online suppliers. I invested a lot of time and energy looking for extensions to match CP before resigning myself to the fact that Sally's was the ONLY place locally I was going to find them. My other choice was sending photos to online suppliers and hoping I got a match. They were still upwards of $50 plus shipping for 12 inch hair, more for longer, so I spent the $70 on the sally hair to ensure a match. It really isn't as easy as you think to just go out and spend $30 and have it look like their real hair.

If you buy your own extensions, putting them in takes as long or longer than teasing your own hair. i tried it before i spent the money to have the pinups made. It was a painful process for both of us to put them in, and because CP's hair is already so fine and heavy, they didn't stay well. They pulled the whole pony tail down with them.
Our gym only requires that the hair be visible above the bow when teased. it doesn't have to be huge. I could do that with CP's hair at the beginning of last season, when it was above bra strap length. It took me a solid hour of teasing, but it was doable. She wanted to grow it out though, and as it grew it got harder to tease and the damage from teasing became more evident. Best thing I have done for the health of her hair was order the pinup. Even minimal teasing produces damage, and fine hair shows it badly. I definitely toned down the tease of her pinups when we got it, and I am really happy with the results and time saved. It takes me 10 min to do her hair rather than over an hour teasing to achieve a " lightly teased" look that would stay.

We love the pin up. So easy to put in...and we have friends who have posh and wish theirs was as easy to put in as pin ups.
This. I have used sew ins for dance and pinups is MUCH easier. That was another thing I looked at before purchasing. I didn't want to have to match thread to hair color, ect.

This is how I feel as well. And yes, they can all be brushed out and reteased. But if I'm going to pay $300 for something, if like it to come out of the box ready to wear. My daughters actual tease is no higher with a pinup that with her natural hair, the main difference is that the pinup is a little longer than her natural hair and it's smoother. But the actual tease part looks basically the same.

This is how I feel as well. And yes, they can all be brushed out and reteased. But if I'm going to pay $300 for something, if like it to come out of the box ready to wear. My daughters actual tease is no higher with a pinup that with her natural hair, the main difference is that the pinup is a little longer than her natural hair and it's smoother. But the actual tease part looks basically the same.
Ours is the same too. And at least with the pony I know it's going to stay. Nothing worse than spending all that time teasing my kids hair to have it fall before warm ups are even over!

Ours is the same too. And at least with the pony I know it's going to stay. Nothing worse than spending all that time teasing my kids hair to have it fall before warm ups are even over!

Exactly. Especially if a professional teases it. My teasing days are over. Part of the expense is paying someone to do a tease that lasts that you don't have to fool with. You can if you like, of course, but you don't have to.

This is my CP in her pinups

ba61781073eabedf8c1444ec22db1e42.jpg

c3f72a23b198babc509b5597371e2233.jpg

This is her natural hair at the beginning of the season

b5fa0e995e1254beb502802fd9a8917a.jpg

This took me about 45 min and it fell significantly.

Her hair is longer than this now and it doesn't even do this well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back