All-Star How Did You Get Started?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ive always been a little overweight and i wanted to get in to good shape. my friend was a pom dancer and i was watching a video of her performance. then i clicked the next video and it was wcss i think. i was like wow this is so cool, i want to do that! so i started to google cheergyms near me and found one. i went to the first practise and i was terrified. i thought that i will never get any friends. well now i have 25 sisters because of cheer and i love it more than anything. and yes i have gotten into better shape but i still have a long way to go

When I was younger, I got bored of activities really quickly and quit after a couple of months which my mum got annoyed at. My friend told me about her cheer team and said I should join, my mum said this was my last chance because we had very little money! I joined, and subsequently wanted to quit about a month later but I stuck at it and 8 years later I still cheer! My friend however, quit 4 years ago!

I actually kinda got inspired by bring it on (lol) and started talking about joining a cheer squad with my friends. Then a year later I got in line for a local gym and got placed on a team :)

I started cheering because my sister used to be a cheerleader back when I was 4. I used to watch her and her team all the time and I'd learn all the cheers and dances and everything. I'd stand off on the side lines and do all the cheers with my sisters team. The next year, 2002, when I was old enough, my parents signed me up cheer. I did 6 years of pop Warner and then started all-stars in 5th grade and I'm still going.

I started competitive cheerleading when I was in fifth grade. The gym I took gymnastics at was a cheer gym as well. I remember growing up I would always watch the cheerleaders and say I that I wanted to be like "the big girls." So after years of asking, I finally got to try out, and I fell in love with the sport and never looked back.

I started in gymnastics, then tried being on a team, I moved to an amazing gym, but had to take a year off, and thats when my life fell apart, im now back on allstar and it has truely saved my life.

I was a dancer from when I was 3-6. I was the only one that grasped the idea of learning choreo and doing it without help (not exaggerating at all either lol.), and I literally got so bored that my parents took me out of it.
Now, my mom grew up as a gymnast, so she was determined to put me in gymnastics. We went to the only gym we knew of, where a CEA location used to be, and as she was filling out paperwork and such, I saw a team practicing and told her that was what I wanted to do, not gymnastics. She gave in, and signed me up, not knowing what she'd gotten us into haha.
And I'm proud to say I haven't been a gym hopper over the years, and was loyal to mentioned gym for 7 years, and now am very loyal to Carolina Spirit for going on 3. This sport is literally a part of me!!

I was really shy when I was younger, so when I was 5 they started me in cheerleading hoping I would come out of my shell after being in front of people and cheering. It did, and i've been cheering ever since. I'm now 17. :)

I started cheer because my nanny was a college cheerleader and she always used to "stunt" me and my mom thought it would be cute for me to be a cheerleader.

I love this! I used to be a nanny and I would always stunt with the two little girls I nannyed as well haha - I hope they end up in cheer too! :)

My story's kinds of weird. So I was that kid that tried every sport/activity possible, but nothing stuck. At a summer camp one year, I signed up for the cheerleading class. I was very tiny so they put me in a prep. I thought it was the coolest thing ever! (I was 13 at the time). So then I signed up for my towns rec team (they just cheered for football) but I didn't like it too much for that reason. Then one day, after karate, I saw a gym painted on the back of a car, like people do before competitions. So then I looked it up online, and discovered the world of all star cheerleading. I thing I first got hooked through 2by2s. But I ended up joining that gym for a season, which was 2009-2010. Two gyms later here I am, haven't looked back since. I started late but I always want people to know that you can never be too old to start cheer!

My CP talked about cheering as soon as she could talk. We did Mommy and Me classes and at 5 she started taking a cheer class. The next year she joined the team and we haven't looked back. She loves it!

I started sideline cheer for a youth league in fifth grade because all my friends were doing it, and I really liked it. Online, I watched all these videos of all star cheerleading and I fell in love. Since then, I took tumbling and got onto an all star team.

I started out doing rec cheer in kindergarten because everyone did it, and my friend was like do allstars with me so I did. I have been doing allstars since first grade and I'm a junior in high school now so that's like 11 years! I do high school along with allstars now.

my mom asked me if I wanted to do recreational cheerleading with a friend so I said yes. I did that for about 4 years then when everyone started going to an allstar gym i wanted to go theretoo! i looked up videos and was instantly hooked, but my mom said no. Then we kept getting fliers in the mail so after months of begging she let me!:)

Back