All-Star How Far Do You Drive For Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish I could show my mom some of the dedication other parents have (which my mom lacks) ! I have two fairly nice gyms 20 minutes away from me which I want to join but she will only let me do high school which is two minutes away. Even though I drive she still will not let me take the drive -_-

ahhh, I expect expense and travel have more to do with it than the 20 minute drive ...

I really admire everyones dedication to their teams! i literally drive like 2-4 minutes on a good day to get to sharks... i couldn't even imagine driving hours to get to my gym. You all are awesome!

25 min to 1:30 min each way Depends on traffic. Last gym was at least 45 min each way 5 days/week. It's a commitment.

What are a lot of you going to do this coming season that drive far? Will you continue or switch gyms? Almost $4.00 a gallon is not the tea -_-

10 minutes from my house. But now I just go straight from work which is like a 2 minute drive I could walk it in just under 10 minutes but I'm lazy :). It's weird to think that the people driving 9 hours + over here would get you from the South West of England right up to the North of England/ even to Scotland. That must take some dedication, even 2 hours seems extreme to me but I think that's probably due to the fact that over here we go shorter distances in longer times :/.

10 minutes from my house. But now I just go straight from work which is like a 2 minute drive I could walk it in just under 10 minutes but I'm lazy :). It's weird to think that the people driving 9 hours + over here would get you from the South West of England right up to the North of England/ even to Scotland. That must take some dedication, even 2 hours seems extreme to me but I think that's probably due to the fact that over here we go shorter distances in longer times :/.

and gas is more expensive.

and gas is more expensive.

I know :/ luckily it's my dad's car so he pays for the diesel I mean I just about afford cheer let along paying for that much fuel onto.

One girl on my team did travel back from her dad's house like 250 miles away just to be at practice when she was staying with him one week, I think her mum was doing 100+ on the motorway :s. But I'll deffinately show this thread to my teams mates anytime they make excuses for not being able to get there......

i passed two gyms to get to my old one... 45 minutes on a good day 1.5 hours on a bad day but now its 10 then my gym before was like 2

ahhh, I expect expense and travel have more to do with it than the 20 minute drive ...
She thinks that, but I have a job & can afford 50% of the monthly fee, and with the money my parents make they most definitely can make up the rest & the team I would join only travels to Orlando (1 1/2 hours away) & depending on which level, their level 5 teams travels to Atlanta for cheersport. (my dads a pilot, so I fly for free so I can travel for free) Just my parents being stubborn. lol. Oh well, maybe once i'm 18 I can join a gym with an international team :) Or maybe even college!

About 8 minutes. I hope one day I can be a Shooting Star because World Cup is only an hour away from where I live. I doubt I'll ever be one. Sigh. A girl can dream, right?

Back