All-Star How Far Do You Drive For Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

last year i did Team Texas and since we rotated which gym we would practice at the dallas area my drive would range from 1 hour to 3 hours. Now since im at ca, my drive is about 1 hour and 45 mins. Once i finally make the decision to move to dallas in august my drive will be about 45 mins.

Yes. I was supposed to fly standby for all of the practices which are only on Sundays, but American changed the rules and I can only get a certain number of flights, about 6 round trips. And that won't last long, and I'm not one to break a commitment once I started it, so 11 hours there 11 hours back!
Wow! Your my idol! Who do you cheer for?

it takes me 1 hour on a day with zero traffic on a normal day an hour and a half and latly i have to drive on nindy and with all the constuction we have to leave at 3 for a 5 oclock practice so 2 hours all summer.

Our old gym was about 20 mins, but we have recently changed gyms ( to ACE of Nashville) and the drive is about 35-40 mins and it is worth the extra drive time to see both of my girls so happy.

45 minutes....but if my gym was 5 hours away i would travel to it....everything the gym stands for means the world to me. the cheerleaers, coaches, and parents have touched my life forever<3

Zipcar. It's a car share, so I don't actually OWN a car. You go online, log in, and tell them you need a car. They tell you where cars are available and you go get it. You pay hourly instead of owning a car or renting one. The hourly rate includes gas and insurance. Saves me from having to deal with city parking, gas, etc. They're parked all over the city, and you just use your membership card to start it up.

So we always pick the one that's furthest out of the city so we can take a train past as much traffic as possible. Then we grab the car and go the rest of the way to the gym. Then after practice we put it right back where we got it and catch the train back into the city.

that is awesome!!!

we drive 12 minutes door to door. thankfully we have a couple of good programs in our area, the farthest being 30 minutes but with my work schedule, there is no way i would be able to make practice on time if we were at the farther gym.

for the parents that drive hours each way to get their kids to practice, how do you do it???? i have a hard enough time getting my CP dinner before 9pm at night on practice nights and we live close!

we drive 12 minutes door to door. thankfully we have a couple of good programs in our area, the farthest being 30 minutes but with my work schedule, there is no way i would be able to make practice on time if we were at the farther gym.

for the parents that drive hours each way to get their kids to practice, how do you do it???? i have a hard enough time getting my CP dinner before 9pm at night on practice nights and we live close!

no dinner...lol
maybe drive thru after practice??

Back