All-Star How Horrible Can We Be?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Honestly, I don't think they were drunk in that video. I think after the video, they realized how stupid it was, and blamed it on being drunk.
Doing it in their uniform was super stupid. If I were the gym owner and I saw that video on youtube-showing them being stupid/dangerous, and it's bad advertising for my gym.....they'd all be shopping for a new gym.
can you post the link to the vid please? thanks
Honestly, I don't think they were drunk in that video. I think after the video, they realized how stupid it was, and blamed it on being drunk.
Doing it in their uniform was super stupid. If I were the gym owner and I saw that video on youtube-showing them being stupid/dangerous, and it's bad advertising for my gym.....they'd all be shopping for a new gym.[/quote

that recent video wasn't funny at all. at first i was like what's going on right now then it got to be where it was funny.. but as soon as they dropped her the laughter stopped real fast.. that was just stupid. idk why people do things like that and idk when that video was made but i hope that poor girl was okay.
there are some inappropriate things that just are funny, like, you can't help but laugh at but to me, this was not one of them.

I am glad that you made this post. When that thread was posted I couldn't believe the comments I was reading about how funny it was. Not only is someone getting hurt NOT funny, but a girl IN uniform blaming it on alcohol makes it worse. Please THINK before you post things like this. Another thing that should have kept it off the board is that those athletes are 9 times out of 10 UNDERAGE and "drinking." Sorry but that is illegal so why post it here?

The only stupid thing in this video is the girl being stupid enough to trust them to catch her. Especially if they were drunk! Omg under age drinking, WHAT'S NEW?!

The only stupid thing in this video is the girl being stupid enough to trust them to catch her. Especially if they were drunk! Omg under age drinking, WHAT'S NEW?!

posting underage drinking online is actually really stupid because it can get them in trouble.

posting underage drinking online is actually really stupid because it can get them in trouble.

That's pretty darn obvious but some of you seem to be shocked by it. Wake up people. Times have changed. Children are getting pregnant by age 13, on drugs before high school and drinking before 21. It's no surprise. If they get in trouble that's their problem. If the girl was hurt that's her problem. I don't even blame the guys. The girl is the stupid one.

How many of y'all have pictures of yourself holding red cups while under 21 on Facebook? How many of you allow yourself to go to parties and drink around total strangers when you never know who they'll tell? How many of you openly talk about drinking around adults and don't even worry about it? Right...so there's that. Just another form of self-incrimination that nobody's going to do anything about. (FWIW, they didn't even really seem drunk to me. But what do I know.)

This is obviously an idiotic thing to do but it's getting blown way out of proportion. I've seen way more dangerous and stupid things done. She didn't get hurt, and I'm willing to bet that's not something she's gonna try again. Lesson learned. Not encouraging others to try it, but nothing bad came of this.

Of course it wouldn't have been funny if she got hurt...but have you ever watched America's Funniest Home Videos? Half of them are the dad getting hit "where the sun don't" shine with a baseball and it's SO DANG FUNNY then. Wouldn't be funny if the ball missed and hit him in the stomach and broke a rib...but that's not what happened, so it's funny.

How many of y'all have pictures of yourself holding red cups while under 21 on Facebook? How many of you allow yourself to go to parties and drink around total strangers when you never know who they'll tell? How many of you openly talk about drinking around adults and don't even worry about it? Right...so there's that. Just another form of self-incrimination that nobody's going to do anything about. (FWIW, they didn't even really seem drunk to me. But what do I know.)

This is obviously an idiotic thing to do but it's getting blown way out of proportion. I've seen way more dangerous and stupid things done. She didn't get hurt, and I'm willing to bet that's not something she's gonna try again. Lesson learned. Not encouraging others to try it, but nothing bad came of this.

Of course it wouldn't have been funny if she got hurt...but have you ever watched America's Funniest Home Videos? Half of them are the dad getting hit "where the sun don't" shine with a baseball and it's SO DANG FUNNY then. Wouldn't be funny if the ball missed and hit him in the stomach and broke a rib...but that's not what happened, so it's funny.

You are not understanding the reason for my post. I made an inference to the fact that we are making a comedy out of what needs to be addressed in order for cheerleading to become recognized as a "sport" by the general public. On America's Funniest Home Videos, the people involved in the videos are not playing sports most of the time and are not involved in regulated activities during the time of the unintentional hit to "where the sun don't shine". There was a video posted on here of a girl doing a front flip from a stunt and being missed and slamming her face into the ground. She, fortunately, was not hurt, but these individuals were trying to push the boundaries of our sport and of the rules, once again trying to find another loophole in the system. So there may be a lesson learned to their drunken stupidity, but to simply say this one incident is idiotic and to brush it under the rug is also to say that you are not looking at the big picture of some of the main faults of our industry.

You are not understanding the reason for my post. I made an inference to the fact that we are making a comedy out of what needs to be addressed in order for cheerleading to become recognized as a "sport" by the general public. On America's Funniest Home Videos, the people involved in the videos are not playing sports most of the time and are not involved in regulated activities during the time of the unintentional hit to "where the sun don't shine". There was a video posted on here of a girl doing a front flip from a stunt and being missed and slamming her face into the ground. She, fortunately, was not hurt, but these individuals were trying to push the boundaries of our sport and of the rules, once again trying to find another loophole in the system. So there may be a lesson learned to their drunken stupidity, but to simply say this one incident is idiotic and to brush it under the rug is also to say that you are not looking at the big picture of some of the main faults of our industry.

But this video wasn't filmed at a sanctioned practice...it was a bunch of kids messing around. It's hard to justify any like this as a "fault of our industry".

Back