How Many Days Do You Practice A Week?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

We practice usually 2 days a week for 2 hours
and tumbling for an hour one day
and don't forget 2 basketball games a week!
& when we have big comps then usually 3-4 practices a week.

My daugthter is on a Level 5 Sr team and practices 3 days per week for 2 hrs each practice. I was wondering if that many hours per week is the norm, but based on reading this, it appears that it is. I also have her in a tumbling class for 1 hr a week just to work on higher level tumbling skills (specialty passes), but that is extra and voluntary.

i practice twice a week three hours. we always tumble the first 45 minutes to an hour of our practice so i dont really go in for any extra tumbling classes. whenever there is a big competition coming up we always have an extra practice from 4 hours to either 6 depending on what we need

When I was with CEA, I was on 2 teams for 5 of my 7 years there. tuesday I would have lower level tumble, then lower level practice. thursday I would have tumble and then higher level practice. Sunday i would have open gym, then lower, then higher. it was 13 hours a week...
at my new gym we practice tuesday, thursday and sunday. about 6 hours.
when I was cheering for my high school, we had one practice a week. we SUCKED...

3 times a week for all star, then theres privates/tumbling classes and 2 times a week for high school (plus 2 games a week)

Back