How Much Do You Run At Practice?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

allstar: a couple laps to warm up (unless we talk alot or something)
High school: it really depends sometimes a mile sometimes nothing

i used to run a mile before high school practice.

i dont know why we need to run so far, im tired afterwards and i just want to sleep.
for allstar, it was ten each way around the floor and its SO much easier on my knees

My 6yr old cp doesn't really run much for mini's.
However, her youth 2 teams runs alot but they run outside and she loves it. It depends on how they are in practice- the normal I see is 4 laps around the parking lot. Each lap is probably the equivalent to 4 houses in a neighborhood that are pretty regular have a decent front yard and space between them.
So if she is running 4 laps it's probably the length of 16 houses. If they talk alot it's probably a couple extra. If they stop they do extra as well! There really big on conditioning as well with all the youth and up teams!

my cp's team has to run 10-15 laps around the spring floor after every practice. more if there was a lot of goofing off.

i used to run a mile before high school practice.

i dont know why we need to run so far, im tired afterwards and i just want to sleep.
for allstar, it was ten each way around the floor and its SO much easier on my knees

:DYou answered your own question...THAT'S why you have to run so far - because you're so tired afterwards. It's called conditioning and the point of it is so you stop getting tired from your routine!

I feel like my cp spends half her practice running. Last practice some of the other moms and I left and went to Happy Hour because we were tired of watching them do nothing but run and jump. At least we know they sure won't get tired at competition! :rolleyes:

:DYou answered your own question...THAT'S why you have to run so far - because you're so tired afterwards. It's called conditioning and the point of it is so you stop getting tired from your routine!

I feel like my cp spends half her practice running. Last practice some of the other moms and I left and went to Happy Hour because we were tired of watching them do nothing but run and jump. At least we know they sure won't get tired at competition! :rolleyes:
i am just not a runner at allllllll. put me on a bike, a stairmaster, an elliptical, im fine.
but thats true. Ive always just thought my coaches just really hated us.

i am just not a runner at allllllll. put me on a bike, a stairmaster, an elliptical, im fine.
but thats true. Ive always just thought my coaches just really hated us.

LOL neither am I. I wouldn't even run if someone was chasing me...they'd just get me. :pBut I know some coaches just LOVE conditioning. I'm sure they didn't hate you...just wanted to make sure you weren't going to EVER get tired while cheering. After all that running cheering seems relaxing. :rolleyes:

For allstar, we would do anywhere from 4 - 10 minutes of running.
For high school, we do anywhere from half a mile to a mile, but we also do these things called "bull dogs" where we run all of the stairs in the gym then run the bottom perimeter (our gym is huge- sits about 5,000 people). We usually do 2 bull dogs.

For allstar, we would do anywhere from 4 - 10 minutes of running.
For high school, we do anywhere from half a mile to a mile, but we also do these things called "bull dogs" where we run all of the stairs in the gym then run the bottom perimeter (our gym is huge- sits about 5,000 people). We usually do 2 bull dogs.
I would rather do bulldogs than run a mile. the thought or running around a track without music makes me sick.
we had to stay in 2 single file lines right next to each other the whole time. gosh, it sucked. im just now remembering that lol

my junior teams run around the outside of our building 5 times no one can pass the front person or you have to run a extra lap and no one can fall behind the last person or they run a extra lap. It usually takes them 15 minutes to do it

For Allstar we just run 3 or 4 laps each way around the spring floor.
We don't run for High School cheer.

Back