All-Star How Much Does It Cost To Go To Worlds?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 5, 2014
Hey everyone. I was having a discussion with my family about Worlds and we've been arguing about how much it costs to go as an athlete. To settle it, does anyone know how much it would roughly cost; at-large, partial versus paid bid? And how much spending money you'd probably need for food, accommodations, swag, etc. Thanks again!

As with everything, it all depends. But if the team goes on a full paid bid, they get $650 per athlete towards hotel and travel.

We live in Birmingham and the last couple of times our cp went, it cost about another 300-400 for her to attend.

But how far the travel is and where you stay can change those numbers dramatically.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

definitely depends where you're travelling from. but at large is worth no money, partial is worth 3,000, and paid is worth 25,000. my found food to be around 20$ a day (granted i was eating kids meals and only had lunch and supper). drinks were i believe 18$ for the duration of the stay. unfortunately all swag was gone before i got there so i can't help with that one :(

Good to know. I was thinking it would be about 2,000 per athlete without a bid (for across country or internationally @ $3,000ish). Thank goodness its not! :) Still pretty high though for a couple days.

Accommodation was about $600ish for Disney. We paid flights, so anywhere from $400 - $900, depending on when you book and which airline you fly. Obviously it's a lot cheaper for those who live in the US or near Florida. My Visa bill was about $800 after, but I shopped a lot and have lots of family kids to buy for too, but that was food and shopping. You can obviously spend less in that department depending on your budget. We had a few team meals at Downtown Disney, and I can afford to eat what and where I want. Lots of people on my team ate for much less.

Some of the Aussie Dreamgirls I spoke with this year said they paid about $5000-$7000 for their trip, probably due to crazy flights and spending more time in the US after. It can get pretty crazy for International teams, which is why I'd love to see Worlds moved around a bit more (the US at least. I know it'll never leave when 98% of their athletes are American)

Good to know. I was thinking it would be about 2,000 per athlete without a bid (for across country or internationally @ $3,000ish). Thank goodness its not! :) Still pretty high though for a couple days.
All these hotel costs being quoted are per person not per room. If your CP wasn't splitting a room with 3 other cheerleaders it would be dramatically more. I think the 2,000 is pretty realistic actually. I can't imagine how anyone could spend only $20 a day on food at Disney. That's basically one sandwich...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

All these hotel costs being quoted are per person not per room. If your CP wasn't splitting a room with 3 other cheerleaders it would be dramatically more. I think the 2,000 is pretty realistic actually. I can't imagine how anyone could spend only $20 a day on food at Disney. That's basically one sandwich...

hahah nope, its like 2 kids meals ;)

There is definitely ways to make the costs less, find a good deal on a house and making all your meals. We spent $150 for both myself and daughter for a house for 4 nights with 3 other families 10 min from Disney. Costco has car rental for under 100 to split with someone else. Cheaper the better! :)

That sandwich better feed a family if it's going to cost $20.

Accommodation was about $600ish for Disney. We paid flights, so anywhere from $400 - $900, depending on when you book and which airline you fly. Obviously it's a lot cheaper for those who live in the US or near Florida. My Visa bill was about $800 after, but I shopped a lot and have lots of family kids to buy for too, but that was food and shopping. You can obviously spend less in that department depending on your budget. We had a few team meals at Downtown Disney, and I can afford to eat what and where I want. Lots of people on my team ate for much less.

Some of the Aussie Dreamgirls I spoke with this year said they paid about $5000-$7000 for their trip, probably due to crazy flights and spending more time in the US after. It can get pretty crazy for International teams, which is why I'd love to see Worlds moved around a bit more (the US at least. I know it'll never leave when 98% of their athletes are American)

omg up to 7000 $ that is a lot of money for going to worlds :eek: I wonder if they had any sponsoring for their trip , the approx 3000 $ we spent were already a lot

How to save $ on food while @ WDW:
1. Grocery store. Bring your own food into the parks. Yes it is allowed (just no bringing in giant coolers or glass). At least bring a box of granola bars with you in case you get the munchies.

2. Share portions. Much of the plated food at Disney can easily feed 2.

3. If you do buy food, buy something filling so that you only have to eat 2 meals. Ask for free water (99% of the places should have a water option on their Soda machine & will give you a free cup of water. The only places that I've found that don't necessarily are some of the smaller places at Hollywood Studios, as they sell only bottled drinks). Bring ziploc bags so that if you have extra food, you can save it for later if possible (obviously not something that would go bad, but stuff like popcorn, cookies, plain french fries, some sandwiches).

4. If at Epcot.....Club Cool = free soda.

I think it cost me about $1100 or so. $600 for the room (quad), $300 for the flight, and maybe $200 or so for food. We also did the grocery delivery thing, so we didn't need to eat at the cafe for every meal.

Paid bid covered hotel (4 teammates to room) and most food for CP. Parents had to pay for flights ($$$ from the West Coast) ans spending money. So she probably cost me about $600 out of pocket on paid bid. I went too...stayed in a condo near the team's hotel with other parents and we had a car and cooked our own food to save $.

Back