I Can't Be The Only Person Offended By This

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The MALE who probably wrote this doesn't know the difference between a typical NFL "cheerleader" and NCAA cheerleaders. I know I've never seen a cheerleader on a pro football field with any thing on that would take away from their looks cause thats all they are there for.

That is one thing that irritates me about them being called cheerleaders - they don't lead cheers and they don't do anything other than dance, no tumbling or stunting which creates the stereotypes that all cheerleaders are well endowed with skimpy outfits that are just there for their looks :confused:
NFL cheerleading squads are dance teams made up by women who are deemed attractive by the standards set by society. I saw a documentary a while back that showed the tryout process for NFL cheerleading squads. A lot of the requirements had to do with appearance. The athletic component was strictly dance. So many people feel that they give cheerleading a bad name and the reason is because we are being misrepresented by women who are essentially eye candy.

for real im not cheerleader to "look sexy" i do this sport because i love it. i have a torn mcl, acl, multiple ligiment and cartlidges and i wear a brace just like that. and lemme tell you hunny....im not ashamed!

They might complain. But who cares? Like Joe Dirt says "Just keep on keepin' on!".
...And now I'm picturing athletes wearing face braces hehehe. That's a pretty funny mental image.

Speaking of, one of our bases got it in the nose pretty bad this season. She might have broken it. Anyway her Dr. gave her a black hard plastic face brace which she wears when trying new baskets or crazy pyramid stuff until it's safe. Covers her forehead, nose and has 2 side holes for her eyes. She totally bedazzled the entire thing in our team colours to make it look pretty. She reminds me of a superhero whenever she wears it!! I wish I had a photo of it

As for the article, there will always be idiots everywhere

Speaking of, one of our bases got it in the nose pretty bad this season. She might have broken it. Anyway her Dr. gave her a black hard plastic face brace which she wears when trying new baskets or crazy pyramid stuff until it's safe. Covers her forehead, nose and has 2 side holes for her eyes. She totally bedazzled the entire thing in our team colours to make it look pretty. She reminds me of a superhero whenever she wears it!! I wish I had a photo of it

As for the article, there will always be idiots everywhere

I have this kind of brace, too. Broke my nose three times, had two surgerys.
Trying new stuff i'm wearing it, because i'm afraid if i get kicked in the nose once more, it will never be the same :-D

I was "that girl" who was always in a knee brace (and yes I still have to wear it on the days when I'm not popping ibuprofen from the injuries I endured while participating in this SPORT). I could have declared myself injured and sat on the bleachers/in the crowd, but I would have let my squad (and myself) down.

I really thought we were past this point where cheerleaders were seen as nothing more than hot girls in tiny tops. Ironically, the people who have the nerve to curl their top lip at cheerleaders can barely run a lap, let alone perform dangerous stunts for 2-3 min nonstop.

That’s not just offensive that is inappropriate and so stereotype! Now I will say I know some girls who really just did HS cheer to get guys, it never worked. But to think all star or all of the rest of the HS cheerleaders are like that is so sad! :( Why does everything have to be “sexy” now days, I have seen young girls 13 and I am going to be 19 come up to me and say what does your bf call you I say “beautiful” and they say that it’s not good enough it should “BE SEXY!” I was like whatever. This is a huge problem for girls/woman and the world to think sexy is the IT girl and being called beautiful is a bad thing....

But besides my rant. It’s a sport I have to wear a foot brace! It’s NBD but the way the person commented about that cheerleader is extremely disporting and that person should be called out on it!

Some people will never get it..no matter what, there's always going to be that one idiot that says something like this about cheerleading.

This guy is so offensive, but I got a laugh from his attempt at writing. Seriously though, cheerleading has come a long way since the 1950's. When you go to watch a game, you are watching multiple athletic teams, not just the players on the field. Good for her for cheering with an injury!

It is frustrating knowing that society only thinks of cheerleaders as sex objects and not athletes and that male cheerleaders are homosexual! (Even though i am gay. It's still such a horrible stereotype) they don't see the hard work and dedication we give to our sport day in and day out. Uggh I'm so mad!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back