All-Star If Gas Is $5.00 A Gallon Would You Cheer Closer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It's predicted to go down .50 cents as early as next month!

(of course it will probably go up 40 before it comes down 50. haha)

In Richmond there are 3 gyms within a 20 minute distance so I don't think it would be a huge problem, especially because my school is like 10 minutes away from my gym. So we just hang out on that side of town until I have to be there.

We drive past 3 cheer gyms to get to Fame!! I would work more to keep my daughter there!!! I feel like why pay all this money unless you pay for the best! :D

I would still cheer where I'm not, not just because it's the only gym close! but... our coach has been offering gas cards to people who recruit the most, which in my opinion, is a pretty good incentive!

Well luckily one of our new locations is a few miles away from but we still drive to our original location because that is the location where my girls want to cheer. Their cheer friends are at this location.

If they want to tumble they can just go to our new location that is closer to us!!!

No I would never quit the gym I am at now! It is about a 35 minutes drive and I have a couple girls to carpool with. My mom would probably not let me do volleyball or something, though.

I drive 1 1/2 hours to my gym... we have 3 locations and I use to cheer at the location only 15 min from my house but the team I'm on now practices out of our new location! It's not that bad of a drive but I spend $8 each way for the toll so I don't get stuck in crazy traffic. I wouldn't leave my gym<3

Gas is $5.00 in Chicago (city) - Burbs I think its down to loike $4.37. Saint Louis gas was only $3.69 the other day.

Gas has kinda gone down in Dallas (garland area) but i drive myself to practice and to coach my minis team (which is the same day, just an hour apart practices) twice a week and pay for gas myself...i have about a 30 minute drive both ways and i help coach open gym on friday nights (with coaching for minis and working open gym my coach and i have a deal where instead of getting payed, the money i make a month gets taken off my tution for that month which is really nice) , but i dont have a job anymore so my mom is helping out for now until i find another job. But the good thing is i drive a ford focus (06) and i get around 17 mpg, gas around here is about $3.69ish. Oh the things we do for cheerleading :D

This is definitely a factor in choosing a gym. I really don't want to go to the local gyms around here but gas is so high that I might have to.

Back