All-Star If You Could Do Any Job In The Cheer Industry What Would It Be And Why?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I would love to be 17 again and be a Stingray cheerleader!! :)..

I'm a judge and can't sit still for that long (my bladder is too small)
I've worked for an event producer and it's a lot of work to have someone yell at you
Coaching is awesome, but I still look at the kids from a far and wish I was realizing their dreams.

If I can't be 17 again (which i can't because it was a long time ago), I would love to design cheer uniforms, warm-ups and bows! The full picture. I love it!

I would love to be 17 again and be a Stingray cheerleader!! :)..

I'm a judge and can't sit still for that long (my bladder is too small)
I've worked for an event producer and it's a lot of work to have someone yell at you
Coaching is awesome, but I still look at the kids from a far and wish I was realizing their dreams.

If I can't be 17 again (which i can't because it was a long time ago), I would love to design cheer uniforms, warm-ups and bows! The full picture. I love it!
For the amount of money that those EP's make, I'll gladly be "that guy" that gets yelled at.

I'm very curious, is that your only job, or do you have another form of income? I'd love to actually coach or choreograph, but is that enough to substantially support me, let alone a family? These days especially, I'm more concerned with financial security than pursuing that. :/
No its not. I work full time for American Express during the week. Coaching, judging, and choreography are all on the side for me.

If you were to build up a good reputation in either judging or choreography, you could probably do that to maintain a steady portion of your income. I think you could make more as a judge by judging competitions that are local and may not be run by a large company.

In my perfect ideal world, as @BowCat knows, I'd open the first major cheer gym in NYC proper (No, I don't count Staten Island. It's like NYC's annoying little sister that just WON'T go away :p). And I'd be ridiculously successful. However the start-up capital for that is INSANE and not currently in my future unless I win the mega-millions.

I'd like to maybe be a coach someday, although with my current career choice (acting) I don't have much time for it. Maybe when I'm older..I just love helping/teaching kids and always have a great time when I do my theater camp or help my mum with her JV/Freshmen Volleyball girls. They're always a hoot..

Worlds Commentator would be AWESOME. Sorry Amy, I'm sure you're a lovely woman and all, but I could easily be the best commentator OF ALL TIME. :D

If I could, I'd LOVE to be a uniform designer or choreographer. I think I've got the creativity for uniform design and I've done enough retail/customer service to be good at it, but not choreography. My brain just doesn't work that way. :( I can choreography a dance routine for myself in my head, but that's one routine. In my head. Who knows if it actually looks GOOD. You want me to make enough cheer routines to make money? Not a chance.. :oops:

Those of you who say you'd want to be an Event Producer....no, you really wouldn't. It's like how people think that owning a restaurant will be wonderful and fun, it's really hell on earth. You have no social life, no personal time (as a restaurant owner or as an EP).

Those of you who say you'd want to be an Event Producer....no, you really wouldn't. It's like how people think that owning a restaurant will be wonderful and fun, it's really hell on earth. You have no social life, no personal time (as a restaurant owner or as an EP).

I work for a smaller EP that does approximately 15 competitions a year and I can't even begin to imagine how people who work for companies that do events every weekend can manage to function. It's a hard job. But, while you do have to sacrifice your social life and free time, it can also be very rewarding. It's a really great feeling to see all the work my bosses and co-workers and I have done come together when the venue is all set up and coaches and parents and cheerleaders are having fun. I don't remember what parties I've missed to work at an event, but there are plenty of conversations that I've had with happy coaches at the end of an event that I think I'll always remember.

EMT. Watch routines all day for free, and getting paid until an injury. Who knows, there may not even be an injury. :) Plus I like my medical stuff.

I already get the best job, running my choreography and tumbling/stunt camp company on weekends and monday throughh Thursday is for the kids at my gym :) maybe one day own the program too would be great :). I would love to somehow run a competition company but I am already so busy with the work I do alone! However, I would do anything cheer even if it meant no sleep (and it has come to that several times). Also getting involved with usasf might be fun but I kind of just like ton follow the rules, maybe be a safety instructor? Also being friends with Elaine from WC would be sweet.

As far as judging goes, it's a long day and instead of enjoying you routines you have to dissect to award points and critique which even with an alternating panel leaves little time to watch routines. I have complete respect for the judges of the cheerleading world but it is definitely not for me!

I would also love to start a community outreach within our program in some way shape or form.

I always wanted to be an event photographer. For Jamie Christian or something. I'm always taking pictures of our teams when they compete and I just love taking action shots like these!:
205608_1829572750509_1576056912_31827229_5939306_n.jpg
208215_1829572670507_1576056912_31827228_3590510_n.jpg
264376_1970063502690_1576056912_32018448_8111484_n.jpg
252936_1970064462714_1576056912_32018453_7623228_n.jpg
206268_1838930904457_1576056912_31841440_6774139_n.jpg

I always wanted to be an event photographer. For Jamie Christian or something. I'm always taking pictures of our teams when they compete and I just love taking action shots like these!:
205608_1829572750509_1576056912_31827229_5939306_n.jpg
What camera do you use? Its amazing!

Mines a toss up. I think it would be fun to be an EP at Worlds, Cheersport, UCA or NCA. I like organizing and planning events and seeing it all come together.

I also think it would be awesome to the graphic design work for competition companies. Their magazine ads, web graphics, championship banners, etc.

Do something that involves me getting to see new uniforms before they're out would be fun too!

Or last but not least create/be involved with making & editing a reality tv show following a Cali, CA or really any team! I love photography, videography & motion graphics so that would just be awesome!

What camera do you use? Its amazing!

Mines a toss up. I think it would be fun to be an EP at Worlds, Cheersport, UCA or NCA. I like organizing and planning events and seeing it all come together.

I also think it would be awesome to the graphic design work for competition companies. Their magazine ads, web graphics, championship banners, etc.

Do something that involves me getting to see new uniforms before they're out would be fun too!

Or last but not least create/be involved with making & editing a reality tv show following a Cali, CA or really any team! I love photography, videography & motion graphics so that would just be awesome!

Thank you! I have a sony anex.
Sony-ANEX-5-1.png
I use the manual setting for competitions so I can adjust the brightness because of the crazy lighting, and a fast shutter speed! It's really simple to use actually.

Back