I'm Going For It !!!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So much going on in here....however, I just wanted to comment on the dead floor situation....There is absolutely nothing wrong with practicing on a dead mat, even for level 5/6. I know many seem to believe that AS is so much harder than HS; however, the skills of a level 5 AS squad is about the same as a HS competitive Varsity team (no doubles are illegal, everything else is pretty much the same) and they only use dead mats.....Should they be using a spring floor to practice on, Sure, but not because its a safety issue, but because that is what the required/standard equipment is for AS cheer.
that being said @sojorge123 Unless you have tons of money to invest in this start-up, I would hold off on any type of mats and just rent the space at a Gymnastic gym for practice. Also for tumbling coaches, most Gymnastic gyms will give you a discont for having your program take tumbling classes there as a croup/class.
I would recommend looking into this as a option. This will give you some time to see how things are working out and to keep some money in your pocket for all of the incidentals that will come up.
With starting any business, there are going to be tons of things that will come up that cost money that you did not consider. So do not rush to make everything perfect starting out. Get a place to practice, do your marketing, follow-up with the local rec program; its a great place to start.....and build your business with the experience you get from starting at the bottom....
and I will end with one of my Grandmother's favorite quote "Only grave diggers start on the top"......
There was quite a bit of very good advice in this thread, review them and see which ones apply to you and take it. GOOD LUCK :cheering:
Cheer mom, successful business owner, professional, and cheer coach......

So much going on in here....however, I just wanted to comment on the dead floor situation....There is absolutely nothing wrong with practicing on a dead mat, even for level 5/6. I know many seem to believe that AS is so much harder than HS; however, the skills of a level 5 AS squad is about the same as a HS competitive Varsity team (no doubles are illegal, everything else is pretty much the same) and they only use dead mats.....Should they be using a spring floor to practice on, Sure, but not because its a safety issue, but because that is what the required/standard equipment is for AS cheer.
that being said @sojorge123 Unless you have tons of money to invest in this start-up, I would hold off on any type of mats and just rent the space at a Gymnastic gym for practice. Also for tumbling coaches, most Gymnastic gyms will give you a discont for having your program take tumbling classes there as a croup/class.
I would recommend looking into this as a option. This will give you some time to see how things are working out and to keep some money in your pocket for all of the incidentals that will come up.
With starting any business, there are going to be tons of things that will come up that cost money that you did not consider. So do not rush to make everything perfect starting out. Get a place to practice, do your marketing, follow-up with the local rec program; its a great place to start.....and build your business with the experience you get from starting at the bottom....
and I will end with one of my Grandmother's favorite quote "Only grave diggers start on the top"......
There was quite a bit of very good advice in this thread, review them and see which ones apply to you and take it. GOOD LUCK :cheering:
Cheer mom, successful business owner, professional, and cheer coach......

the gymnastic gym that i want to move into said once i have a good number of kids they would take me and my program in

@sojorge123 you mentioned you use to Coach. You should send your info. to the moderators and get added to the Coaches forum. They will have a lot of great information for helping you with your own teams, gym, etc.

so cool/cute ideal i have for the tryouts is to have white bows with the number on it act like
name tags what do you think and for the boys name tags if i get any
This can work if you use ribbons instead of bows, which can be expensive or even use special ribbons for levels, similar to karate with the belts...I know I used to buy a huge roll of ribbons that makes about 150 ribbons for about $5.50-7.50 from the craft store..I know that will be a nice keepsake for the athletes and they can practice with those ribbons until you get the bows, which the cheerleaders purchase with their practice outfit...If I hadn't said it already, Good luck...

This can work if you use ribbons instead of bows, which can be expensive or even use special ribbons for levels, similar to karate with the belts...I know I used to buy a huge roll of ribbons that makes about 150 ribbons for about $5.50-7.50 from the craft store..I know that will be a nice keepsake for the athletes and they can practice with those ribbons until you get the bows, which the cheerleaders purchase with their practice outfit...If I hadn't said it already, Good luck...
I never thought of that! Sounds frugal.

cheer uniforms ideals idk but i really want to be the cheer Savannah and top gun of orange county when it comes to uniforms

helphelp.jpg

dgo583.jpg

ddgosk.jpg

184234_10150422717330099_696515098_17007144_6105257_n.jpg

2sbvebp.jpg

Lol. How about a little more conservative to begin with?

**Honest bro, true story**
You mentioned starting with youth 1. I would keep that in mind when choosing uniforms. Also, new uniform rules go into effect next cheer season.

to be honest i was really thinking of these two uniforms

248226_381005191985256_316948811_n.jpg

i know for youth you can't have a crop top next year
images

Back