All-Star I'm Starting All Star Cheerleading In 2 Weeks (half-year)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2013
I'm 14, no tumbling except for a round-off, cartwheel, solid handstand, forward and backward roll, my bridge is pretty solid and really good, and my jumps.... suck haha. Do you know what division I could be in? I'm a very fast learner and I think I could learn some tumbling skills without a lot of hassle and I can start stretching everyday (I have my splits btw). And also, could someone give me a descriptive overview of tryouts, tuition and practices? Thank you! ;) Sorry if I ask too many questions I just really would like to know.

P.S. I'm going to start at East Coast Nitros.

I'm 14, no tumbling except for a round-off, cartwheel, solid handstand, forward and backward roll, my bridge is pretty solid and really good, and my jumps.... suck haha. Do you know what division I could be in? I'm a very fast learner and I think I could learn some tumbling skills without a lot of hassle and I can start stretching everyday (I have my splits btw). And also, could someone give me a descriptive overview of tryouts, tuition and practices? Thank you! ;) Sorry if I ask too many questions I just really would like to know.

I started EXACTLY like you at 14. I just want you to know that this sport is so much fun and if you work really hard you can get your skills! I'd advise going to open gym at Nitros and talk to the owner about cost and such.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Awesome. Good luck to you.

Overall your skills are a level 1 right now, but just like dawgshow said, your gym will put you where they need you. Does your gym have a 4.2 team? That might be a possibility too.

Yes, it will depend on how many kids show up to the evaluation, if there are not many Lev. 1 kids, chances are you could go on a Jr, or Sr, Level 2 team.... Good Luck!!!.....:)

Your best bet for prices, practices, etc would be to contact the gym directly as every gym has different policies. Your skills are level 1, but the gym will place you where they need you. Enjoy the season!
Thank you and I will!

Half year teams are typically level 1 or 2 but every gym is different. There will most likely be many other girls with the same skill set as you. Keep that awesome, hardworking mentality you have and before you know it you'll be better than you ever could have thought!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
i will, thank you so much.

:help::help::help::help:
Tryouts were GREAT yesterday! Everything couldn't have gone better! I love everything about it and the coaches are so nice and stuff! :p I'm a backspot but I'm not disappointed.

Now my question is where to buy cheer shoes? I heard from many different people different things about different cheer shoes so I would like to ask what brand and size i should get. Money is not a problem by the way, I just want something light and manageable. I wear a 9.5/10 in womens so what size would i wear? Please and thank you!:help:

Congrats!! I know you'll have fun!

My CP also wears a 9.5/10 in womens. She prefers Nfinity Evolution (red box) - we buy hers at Academy. They run a little small length-wise, so we buy size 10. You might can find them a little cheaper online (but having to pay shipping usually balances that out). Plus, if you can go to Academy you can try them on to make sure of your size.

Congrats!! I know you'll have fun!

My CP also wears a 9.5/10 in womens. She prefers Nfinity Evolution (red box) - we buy hers at Academy. They run a little small length-wise, so we buy size 10. You might can find them a little cheaper online (but having to pay shipping usually balances that out). Plus, if you can go to Academy you can try them on to make sure of your size.
Thanks!

As well as calling the gym you are joining, you should attend their tumbling skills classes before the 1/2 season starts. Most gym offer them, my CP's team has 3 tumbling classes a weak, it's usually a fee like 10$, but well worth it. This week my daughter on had 2 people in the tumbling class, so she basically got a private lesson. As of now you are a level 1 tumbler. Good luck

As well as calling the gym you are joining, you should attend their tumbling skills classes before the 1/2 season starts. Most gym offer them, my CP's team has 3 tumbling classes a weak, it's usually a fee like 10$, but well worth it. This week my daughter on had 2 people in the tumbling class, so she basically got a private lesson. As of now you are a level 1 tumbler. Good luck

It already started and I'm literally one of the only ones without even a back walkover! :( It's frustrating!

Back